PDA

View Full Version : Where is JT Chargois?

bobby_baseball
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
We know Luke Bard/J.O. Berrios are being stretched out - and Max Kepler/Nate Roberts are nursing injuries - but I haven't heard anything about Chargois? He was supposed to be a quick mover in the system this year like Zack Jones. Is he hurt or are the Twins stretching him out with the hopes of trying him out as a starter?

spycake
04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
I read around here in regards to Tyler Duffey, that both he and Chargois were being converted to starters. I guess he's just a little less ready than Duffey for some reason?

greengoblinrulz
04-10-2013, 12:32 PM
What are Roberts/Keplars injuries/seriousness?

bobby_baseball
04-10-2013, 01:01 PM
I read around here in regards to Tyler Duffey, that both he and Chargois were being converted to starters. I guess he's just a little less ready than Duffey for some reason?

Really I hadn't heard that anywhere - that makes sense though why he's not pitching right now. He does need to smooth out his delivery if he was going to be converted to a starter. Let's hope the change in mechanics dosent make him lose his mid-90's heater though...

Seth Stohs
04-10-2013, 01:38 PM

Chargois is not being converted to a starter. I believe he was hurt some this spring, but I'm trying to get some more information.

spycake
04-10-2013, 01:46 PM
My bad then. I misinterpreted this post as Chargois being among the conversions:

http://twinsdaily.com/twins-minor-league-talk/5891-kernels-no-hit-beloit-duffey-throws-7-perfect.html#post97249

The Twins haven't helped in this matter, drafting all of these relievers and then converting some to starting is very confusing. :)

Seth Stohs
04-10-2013, 03:40 PM
What are Roberts/Keplars injuries/seriousness?

Roberts had another knee surgery (meniscus). He was hoping to be ready by opening day, but I don't know where he currently stands. I'll see if I can find out.

As for Kepler's elbow, it seemed as though it was really bothering him, and yet part of it might not be wanting to put a sore elbow into the wintry conditions that the Kernels are going to see for a little while yet.

golfboy1
04-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Another pitcher I was wondering about is Joshua Burris. Is he hurt or just being held back? TIA

Seth Stohs
04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
JT Chargois is in EST on a throwing program with a flexor strain.

Halsey Hall
04-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Max has had another setback and says 2 more weeks. He can't take hitting yet. First he told me a few days, then 2 weeks, then 2 weeks again, and now this. This injury most likely seals his fate at CR for the year.

Jeremy Nygaard
04-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Max has had another setback and says 2 more weeks. He can't take hitting yet. First he told me a few days, then 2 weeks, then 2 weeks again, and now this. This injury most likely seals his fate at CR for the year.

I'm guessing the Twins will want to get Kepler into full-season ball when he's ready. He'll have to he added to 40-man in November, and it'll be tough to do that with an OF who only has rookie-ball experience.

Thrylos
04-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Another pitcher I was wondering about is Joshua Burris. Is he hurt or just being held back? TIA

He has some issues (shoulder) and he missed most of Spring Training doing rehab work. He started pitching around the 25th I think, so he is probably about a month away or so from Cedar Rapids. I did not hear of any set backs at this point.

jay
04-10-2013, 06:21 PM
JT Chargois is in EST on a throwing program with a flexor strain.

Those seem to end poorly quite often... hope it doesn't lead to TJ.

greengoblinrulz
04-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Roberts had another knee surgery (meniscus). He was hoping to be ready by opening day, but I don't know where he currently stands. I'll see if I can find out.

As for Kepler's elbow, it seemed as though it was really bothering him, and yet part of it might not be wanting to put a sore elbow into the wintry conditions that the Kernels are going to see for a little while yet.

another meniscus.......is this what's cost him the past 2 Aprils???

greengoblinrulz
04-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Those seem to end poorly quite often... hope it doesn't lead to TJ.
rehab for 3 months to no avail & have surgery in Aug.....sound familiar??

drjim
04-11-2013, 07:15 PM
rehab for 3 months to no avail & have surgery in Aug.....sound familiar??

I'm always amused by the flippant attitude of those whose arms are not being cut into.

nicksaviking
04-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Anyone have an update about Chargois?

Plenty of people do forget that there is an actual human being attached to these porcedures but the Twins have been known to be very indecisive in these situations. When the club forfiets several months of a players career due to passive decisioning the fans and the players should both be frustrated.

drjim
04-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Anyone have an update about Chargois?

Plenty of people do forget that there is an actual human being attached to these porcedures but the Twins have been known to be very indecisive in these situations. When the club forfiets several months of a players career due to passive decisioning the fans and the players should both be frustrated.

Players frustrated? They have more say on this than the team.

greengoblinrulz
05-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm always amused by the flippant attitude of those whose arms are not being cut into.
Wasn't being 'flippant' about JT.....more about how these don't tend to end well.
Mn has shown w/high picks---Gibson aside--that pitchers who have surgery are slow tracked back & basically forgotten about before they get released

drjim
05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Wasn't being 'flippant' about JT.....more about how these don't tend to end well.
Mn has shown w/high picks---Gibson aside--that pitchers who have surgery are slow tracked back & basically forgotten about before they get released

Unfortunately that is the usual result for marginal prospects. That is why surgery is the last resort for both team and player.