PDA

View Full Version : April 10th

Jason
04-10-2013, 03:29 AM
Link (http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?sid=milb&org=142&ymd=20130410)

Rochester at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre 5:35 PM
ROC: Gibson (0-0, 1.80) SWB: Betances (0-0, 4.50)
New Britain at Harrisburg 6:05 PM
NBR: May (0-1, 1.80) HAR: Treinen (0-1, 30.86)
Jupiter vs Fort Myers 6:05 PM
JUP: Nicolino (0-1, 5.40) FTM: Stuifbergen (0-0, 5.40)
Cedar Rapids vs Wisconsin 5:05 Doubleheader
Game 1 CR: Lee (1-0, 0.00) WIS: Wagner (0-0, 1.80)
Game 2

Jim Crikket
04-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Kernels postponed again. On to Clinton for 4 games Thursday-Sunday (hopefully)

Jason
04-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Rochester Red Wings @RocRedWings 19m
Game postponed in Scranton tonight due to rain. Will be made up as DHer when the Wings come back to SWB June 17 (5:35).

kab21
04-10-2013, 10:45 PM
NB with an offensive outburst and frankly I barely care about any of their hitters. Santana, Pinto and Ortiz are at least on my radar but they are pretty low. Pinto hit 2 HR's and Ortiz added another while raising his BA to .440.

Trevor May with a poor outing if you look at the numbers. 4IP, 7 K's, 3 BB's , 2ER, 82 pitches and 45 strikes.

Sano just keeps hitting. 2/4 2B
Salcedo appeared in relief. 1IP, 2K's and 1W - perhaps this will be the next move to stay healthy and become relevant again

Twins Twerp
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
May might be on the fast track to bullpen. Reminds of a story on espn today about nolan ryan: MLB Would Nolan Ryan be a relief pitcher today? - ESPN (http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sweetspot&id=34686)

Posted from cell so im not sure if the link will open. Thanks.

Halsey Hall
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Went to the Miracle game last night. With a 5 game winning streak to start the season, the couple hundred of us there had high hopes. That pretty much fizzled in the 1st inning. Stuifbergen started and gave up two quick hits. But what could have been a nice recovery went south. They say "hittem where they ain't", but here, I'd say hittem to 3rd. Sano got a charity hop grounder and had the runner dead at home but the ball clanked off his glove. So sacks jammed and he gets another charity hop short grounder and good lord he gloves it, only to throw it the 40 feet to the catcher outside the basepath and to the backstop. He just cannot field. 2 errors in the first, 4 hits and 4 runs. After that Stuifbergen did well, allowing a hit in the 2nd and then no more thru 6.

The Miracle chipped away, with innings of 1, 2 and then 3 runs to take the lead and hold it til 2 outs in the 9th. With men on 1st and 2nd the batter hit one in the hole to right which Vargas made a great stop of, but the pitcher was late getting to the bag, and when he did throw home, was late to get the runner from 2nd, who scored the tying run.

Vargas made a handful of nice digs at first and has really improved. Wickens played short and made a few tough plays look routine, and did drive in the winning run in the 10th.

Badsmerf
04-11-2013, 11:43 AM
It might be time to end the Sano at 3b era. Put him in LF and let him learn it now, so he can move up and play for the Twins sooner. I've lost all hope for him to stay at 3b. Any comment on Rosario? I'm more hopeful he can stat at 2b.

kab21
04-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Keeping him at 3B this season doesn't really slow him down imo. The big decision comes after this season.

drjim
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Keeping him at 3B this season doesn't really slow him down imo. The big decision comes after this season.

I agree with this. LF and 1B will not require much time to learn to be MLB ready. Ryan has said that he would have been promoted last year based on his bat but they kept him at Beloit because of his glove. I have a feeling that strategy won't be repeated this year.

It is not mentioned often but I really think he has a greater than 0% chance of playing for the Twins this year. Anthony and others have said that his bat is close. Add that to the fact he has to be added to the 40 man in the offseason and that the Twins will be looking for a PR boost in September after trading Morneau/Willingham and slogging to another 90ish loss season. Of course he needs to keep hitting and more than hold his own in AA for this to happen.

Badsmerf
04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
What will keep him from being promoted to AA this season? Most likely, his glove at 3b. If the Twins would be willing to abandon 3b and let him learn LF/RF/1b in AA then fine, let him play 3b. I just don't want another issue where a guy has to learn a new position in AAA/MLB like Plouffe and Parmelee in 2012, Cuddyer before them. The Twins should know better by now. Maybe he had the tools, but as his body has developed... and will continue to develop, he might not have them anymore.

kab21
04-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Strikeouts will keep him from being promoted imo. I'm not sure that I buy 'defense prevented him from being promoted' last season. I don't see a big difference between butchering plays at low A and high A.

drjim
04-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Strikeouts will keep him from being promoted imo. I'm not sure that I buy 'defense prevented him from being promoted' last season. I don't see a big difference between butchering plays at low A and high A.

Terry Ryan has more or less said defense was what kept him at Beloit last year.

kab21
04-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Terry Ryan says a lot of things. I'm sure defense was one reason but the K's and the midseason slump probably played a big part also.