Steve Pearce DH
J.J. Hardy SS
Nolan Reimold LF
Taylor Teagarden C
Alexi Casilla 2B
(Jason Hammel P)

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Hey look... The Orioles have more of a getaway lineup than we do.

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Hicks is out there but Parmelee gets the day off? Is Mastroianni really not capable of starting a game?

Strange.

SweetOne69
04-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Hicks is out there but Parmelee gets the day off? Is Mastroianni really not capable of starting a game?

Strange.

Apparently Mastro's foot can't handle the rigors of 9 innings yet.

jokin
04-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Strange.

Yup. The guy who finally is starting to heat up is shown his way to the bench and now Hicks get thrown in against the Oriole ace. Wouldn't hurt to get Carroll into the starting lineup at least once a week either.

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Yup. The guy who finally is starting to heat up is shown his way to the bench and now Hicks get thrown in against the Oriole ace. Wouldn't hurt to get Carroll into the starting lineup at least once a week either.

Carroll started three days ago, I believe.

Halsey Hall
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Mastroianni and his bruised shin isn't ready, and who else would play center? Parm will probably ph if needed.

jokin
04-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Carroll started three days ago, I believe.

Yeah, missed that, hard to keep up with all the day games. I'll amend that to "at least twice a week." Still, Parmelee has a little break-out game last night, I'd like to see if he can build on it

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah, missed that, hard to keep up with all the day games. I'll amend that to "at least twice a week." Still, Parmelee has a little break-out game last night, I'd like to see if he can build on it

With it being this early in the season and the questions over Escobar/Florimon and who is the better player, I don't mind seeing Carroll on the bench a little more often. At some point in the season, I'm sure he'll get plenty of playing time. It's hard to justify sitting Dozier right now in favor of Jamey. Brian's offense hasn't been great but his defense has made up for any deficiency with the bat.

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Mastro should be on the DL if he can't play 9 innings.
Interesting to see Parmalee get the day off, is he banged up or something?

fairweather
04-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Where's Parm?

fairweather
04-07-2013, 11:57 AM
I have a feeling Hernandez is going to open some eyes today. I'm predicting a quality start.

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
I have a feeling Hernandez is going to open some eyes today. I'm predicting a quality start.

Is he stretched out enough to go 6+? I havent really followed his pitch counts too closely this spring so I'm not sure.

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Where's Parm?

He commited the cardinal sin of hitting a HR yesterday, that is an automatic day riding the pine for a young player under Gardy. (I exaggerate for effect, since I've learned this will be taken literally if I don't point it out. (And it will STILL probably be assumed as a literal statement, watch)).

fairweather
04-07-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm sure Pedro will be limited to 80-90 pitches but I think he can get through 6 on about 85.

jokin
04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
He commited the cardinal sin of hitting a HR yesterday, that is an automatic day riding the pine for a young player under Gardy. (I exaggerate for effect, since I've learned this will be taken literally if I don't point it out. (And it will STILL probably be assumed as a literal statement, watch)).

I get where you're going here. I've seen it before rather frequently on Gardy's watch. Unless Parm strained or pulled something on that 9th inning catch last night, it makes no sense. That was the first game this year where Parmelee looked comfortable and locked in at the plate.

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Is Hammel a lefty???

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Heard on the radio that Parm is indeed banged up a little... Tweaked something on the catch in the ninth.

It'll be fun to watch Wilkin get some swings. Hope he does well.

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Is Hammel a lefty???

Nope.

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 12:41 PM
How has no one ordered Hicks to SWING at that curve ball???

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Dozier has looked pretty confident in the field so far this year.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Nice inning for Hernandez... Nice play by Dozier... Feelin good!

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
How has no one ordered Hicks to SWING at that curve ball??? //not sure if serious...//

Gibby
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Seems like we have to be behind to light a fire under our offense.

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Someone needs to tell Hernandez to come hard inside. These righties are standing damn near on top of the plate.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 01:15 PM
This inning hasn't gone as good.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Someone needs to tell Hernandez to come hard inside. These righties are standing damn near on top of the plate. Joe Mauer?

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Joe Mauer?

Mauer or Anderson.

Gibby
04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Hammertime

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Be a good time for More-no-zee's first dinger.

Ultima Ratio
04-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I've got the call.

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Ell-Oh-Ell.

Gibby
Lighting a fire under the offense, Twins-style.

USAFChief
Hammer got caught jogging. There's no other way he doesn't score there.

Ultima Ratio
That's why your run hard. Damnit. Willy should've scored there.

USAFChief
Ell-Oh-Ell. Lost it in the Teflon?

Riverbrian
Its spring training extended for the Orioles as well.

Gibby
04-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Doumit looks like Yukon Cornelius.

Mr. Brooks
Yep, thats unacceptable from a vet like Willingham.

LaBombo
Embarrassing.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 01:36 PM
I've seen better OF play in a tee ball game. And I think Jones got caught jogging there as well...should be on third.

Riverbrian
Jeez... This ain't major league ball.

LaBombo
I said that 10 games would be too soon to draw any conclusions about Hicks.

I was wrong.

30whales
04-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Wouldn't it help Hicks out by moving him down in the order? That is if we are going to continue to play him everyday.

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
USA: yes I am half-serious. How many of Hicks' strikeouts have come on called third strike curve balls. I have seen 4 such strikeouts.

game note: thankfully Wilkin hustled over to back up Hicks.

Also, Pedro cannot "come hard inside" (he's a meatball pitcher who must have command. He's like a speedy OF/IF who without his speed is not a viable major leaguer--without his command he is done for.).

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Um, Hicks slipped in the OF. That's not a demotable offense.

Gibby
04-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't it help Hicks out by moving him down in the order? That is if we are going to continue to play him everyday.
I don't know why they would start a rookie in the leadoff spot anyway.

Ultima Ratio
04-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Can I get the official scoring rational for why both or either of the fly balls are not errors? Do you have to get a glove on it or something?

30whales
04-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I wasn't referring to him slipping in the OF. I was just saying that he has struggled, obviously, so why not move him down in the order to relieve some pressure?

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 01:41 PM
USA: yes I am half-serious. How many of Hicks' strikeouts have come on called third strike curve balls. I have seen 4 such strikeouts.

game note: thankfully Wilkin hustled over to back up Hicks.

Also, Pedro cannot "come hard inside" (he's a meatball pitcher who must have command. He's like a speedy OF/IF who without his speed is not a viable major leaguer--without his command he is done for.).

That is all the more reason to come hard inside a couple times, just enough so they think twice about leaning in. If you are going to be a command guy who gets by painting that bottom outside corner, it's going to be pretty hard to do successfully when guys are not afraid to lean in on the plate.

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Walk city.

Whose turn is it to throw a bullpen session amongst the starters? Hendriks?

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Can I get the official scoring rational for why both or either of the fly balls are not errors? Do you have to get a glove on it or something?

Pretty much, yes.
Mental mistakes (losing the ball in the sun, taking a bad angle, etc.) are not errors.

Riverbrian
WTF... Is going on... This ain't baseball... I'd ask for my money back if I bought tickets.

Brock Beauchamp
Wow. This is an ugly baseball game.

USAFChief
[QUOTE=Shane Wahl;96971]USA: yes I am half-serious. QUOTE] So you want someone to tell him "any time you have two strikes, swing at anything, whether you think it's a strike or not, whether you recognize the pitch or not, just never, ever, take a called third strike." Yeah, that's a good idea.

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 01:43 PM
MI makes the solid play to save the inning and potentially the bullpen.

Alex
04-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Wow. This is an ugly baseball game.

Bah, Mauer dropped that because he foresaw a doubleplay two pitches later.

#Babyjesus

Ultima Ratio
Pretty much, yes.
Mental mistakes (losing the ball in the sun, taking a bad angle, etc.) are not errors.
I don't remember how it was scored, but the Jose Conseco homer off his head was not an error then?

How about a third baseman bare-handing ball that he shouldn't. Never touches the glove, so no error?

USAFChief
I'd sort of forgotten JJ's "wheels."

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Shane Wahl;96971]USA: yes I am half-serious. QUOTE] So you want someone to tell him "any time you have two strikes, swing at anything, whether you think it's a strike or not, whether you recognize the pitch or not, just never, ever, take a called third strike." Yeah, that's a good idea.

Actually... That's a pretty old school baseball instruction... Protect the plate with two strikes. If its close get a bat on it.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 01:45 PM
How are you going to call an error on a fly ball that never hits a glove?

Mr. Brooks
04-07-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't remember how it was scored, but the Jose Conseco homer off his head was not an error then?

How about a third baseman bare-handing ball that he shouldn't. Never touches the glove, so no error?

Wow, you take things EXTREMELY literally.
When you said "glove", you LITERALLY meant glove huh?
LOL.

LaBombo
04-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Um, Hicks slipped in the OF. That's not a demotable offense.

Only saw it once, but it looked to me like he misjudged the ball and slipped while trying to recover. Whatever. I've seen enough for now.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 01:48 PM
//not sure if serious...//

Quite the joker, aren't you.

Alex
04-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Because there's no reason those balls shouldn't have been caught.

On another note, boy, am I glad we traded JJ Hardy. I heard that we got some great baseballs for him.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=USAFChief;96983]

Actually... That's a pretty old school baseball instruction... Protect the plate with two strikes. If its close get a bat on it. "Swing at anything" has always been pretty BAD old school baseball instruction, and still is. In any case, the reason he didn't swing at those curveballs was either because he didn't recognize them as curveballs, or did but didn't think they'd make the strike zone. Neither of those problems will be fixed by ORDERING him to swing at anything when he has two strikes on him. One of the byproducts of good plate discipline is occasionally you will take a called third strike. Relax, people. Hicks may or may not need some more minor league time, but telling him to swing regardless of the pitch isn't going to help him in Minnesota, Rochester, or little league.

Ultima Ratio
If Mauer is under that pop up, has his glove up, plenty of time before it comes down, and the ball just nicks the edge of the mit and hits him in the face it's an error, but if the glove is moved 1mm forward and the ball comes down on his face without touching the glove, it's not? Just seems pretty, pretty, pretty...... odd to me.

Mr. Brooks
Hicks doesnt need to be demoted, yet.
What he needs is a day off. He is pressing big time, and it's borderline cruel and unusual punishment to keep penciling him in every day like this.
I'm not saying bench him, I'm saying give him a day off, let him watch a game from the bench, and see if it helps him settle down.

LaBombo
04-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd sort of forgotten JJ's "wheels."

Yeah, he's no Nishi on the basepaths...

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 01:50 PM

You realize that I am referring to border line strikes every single time, right?

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 01:51 PM
By the way, it is much better to listen to Orioles announcers. Palmer is good.

Ultima Ratio
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Wow, you take things EXTREMELY literally.
When you said "glove", you LITERALLY meant glove huh?
LOL.

I thought it was clear when I said I was looking for an official scoring rule explanation that I'm asking out of ignorance for a definition or is it totally subjective or what?

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=Riverbrian;96988] "Swing at anything" has always been pretty BAD old school baseball instruction, and still is. In any case, the reason he didn't swing at those curveballs was either because he didn't recognize them as curveballs, or did but didn't think they'd make the strike zone. Neither of those problems will be fixed by ORDERING him to swing at anything when he has two strikes on him. One of the byproducts of good plate discipline is occasionally you will take a called third strike. Relax, people. Hicks may or may not need some more minor league time, but telling him to swing regardless of the pitch isn't going to help him in Minnesota, Rochester, or little league.

I'm not saying I agree. Just saying its a long time baseball philosophy.

What do I really think... It's hard to do in the majors...Most pitchers are pretty good at putting baseballs just off the plate at this level... It would kill patience because no one would want to get in a two strike count. The pitchers will carve you up.

High School and below... I absolutely agree with it. Be patient and don't swing at crap early in the at bat. Protect the plate with two strikes... Don't walk back to the dug out without taking a hack.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 01:58 PM
I thought it was clear when I said I was looking for an official scoring rule explanation that I'm asking out of ignorance for a definition or is it totally subjective or what? Official scorers have operated under the same set of "unwritten rules" for more than a century. No official scorer would have scored either of those as errors in 1913, nor would they score them as such today. A ball lost in the roof, or in the sun, that falls untouched isn't an error. It's not hard to understand.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Two walks from the Florimonster. We have an OBP machine setting things up for the top of the order.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 01:59 PM
If Mauer is under that pop up, has his glove up, plenty of time before it comes down, and the ball just nicks the edge of the mit and hits him in the face it's an error, but if the glove is moved 1mm forward and the ball comes down on his face without touching the glove, it's not? Just seems pretty, pretty, pretty...... odd to me.

If the Ball hits Mauer in the face... It's an error... If Mauer decides to let the ball drop... It's not.

Ultima Ratio
04-07-2013, 02:00 PM
It's not hard to understand.

For you maybe, but I see errors turned into hits and hits turned into errors all the time -- by officials.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:01 PM
If the Ball hits Mauer in the face... It's an error... If Mauer decides to let the ball drop... It's not.
There's also a difference in being camped under a popup and not making the catch, and in never getting into position to catch the ball.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 02:02 PM
For you maybe, but I see errors turned into hits and hits turned into errors all the time -- by officials.

There is variation of course, but there appears to be a form of "internal hazing" of new scorers that quickly puts them in line with prior art, or they are squeezed out.

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 02:03 PM
USA, are you even watching the games? The issue is that Hicks has struck out several times this year on the exact same pitch. The curve outside. What's wrong with telling him to swing at a curve with two strikes when it is obviously going to be a close pitch. It looks like he doesn't understand how a damn curve moves.

Riverbrian
There's also a difference in being camped under a popup and not making the catch, and in never getting into position to catch the ball.

Yes

USAFChief
For you maybe, but I see errors turned into hits and hits turned into errors all the time -- by officials. Because they're judgement calls. The official scorer uses his best judgement, and in today's world with HD replays from multiple angles, sometimes their judgement changes given multiple looks. Generally, those changes are going to be close calls, on balls in the infield. If an OFer never gets into position to catch a ball, it's never going to be an error.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:05 PM
USA, are you even watching the games? The issue is that Hicks has struck out several times this year on the exact same pitch. The curve outside. What's wrong with telling him to swing at a curve with two strikes when it is obviously going to be a close pitch. It looks like he doesn't understand how a damn curve moves. I think you answered your own question. And yes, I've watched all the Twins games so far. Thanks for asking.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Around the league report:

Jose Fernandez appears to be the real deal. 5IP 3H 1BB 1ER 8K

Will Middlebrooks 3 home runs today... He is on my fantasy baseball bench as I start Plouffe at 3B.

LaBombo
04-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Will Middlebrooks 3 home runs today... He is on my fantasy baseball bench as I start Plouffe at 3B.

Homer.

Shane Wahl
04-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I think you answered your own question. And yes, I've watched all the Twins games so far. Thanks for asking.

Uhh, ok man.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Uhh, ok man. You said you want him to swing at any curveball with two strikes, but then said he can't recognize a curve ball. Seems to me that might be tough to do..."swing at the pitch you don't recognize."

snepp
04-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Two walks from the Florimonster. We have an OBP machine setting things up for the top of the order.

From proven run producer to table setter in the matter of a few game. Does his versatility know no bounds?

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Around the league report:

Jose Fernandez appears to be the real deal. 5IP 3H 1BB 1ER 8K

Will Middlebrooks 3 home runs today... He is on my fantasy baseball bench as I start Plouffe at 3B. Ouch.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 02:20 PM
I think I can condense the discussion.

Hicks ain't looking good on the 2 strike spinners.

That sums it up right? :p

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Let's get some runs this inning.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Dozier has looked pretty smooth turning 2.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Plouffe on pace to get HBP 54 times this year. One way to keep the ol' OBP up.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Alright Parms, get the ball out of the IF and get this sumbitch tied up.

snepp
04-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Plouffe on pace to get HBP 54 times this year. One way to keep the ol' OBP up.

Worked for Biggio.

snepp
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
That'll do.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Around the league report: Not a good day for the Aces.

Shields 5IP 4R
Hamel 6IP 6R
Verlander 7IP 3R
Dickey 4.2IP 8R
Strausburg 5.1IP 6R
Price 5IP 8R

BTW... Does anyone mind me posting these updates or should it just be Twins related?

snepp
That's one way to avoid problems with 2-strike curveball recognition.

Riverbrian
Hicks... Alright... That had to feel good for him.

snepp
04-07-2013, 02:36 PM
BTW... Does anyone mind me posting these updates or should it just be Twins related?

I don't think anyone cares too much about what appears in a game thread.

snepp
04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Sherwalter.

Drink.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Hicksie!

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 02:42 PM

We do not know this yet. Reno's game at Colorado Springs has just started.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Keep the updates comin, RB. At least as far as I'm concerned.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:44 PM
OK bullpen. Do your job.

GCTF
04-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Hmmm, not falling for the trap.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Casilla... We shouldn't have let him go.

Just kidding

Gibby
04-07-2013, 02:48 PM
I have zero confidence in Dunsing.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 02:49 PM

A gentleman from Nantucket got banned by the mods for thinking this.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
A gentleman from Nantucket got banned by the mods for thinking this. Kirby Puckett?

Gibby
04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I used to live in Nantucket.

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM

Shields 5IP 4R
Hamel 6IP 6R
Verlander 7IP 3R
Dickey 4.2IP 8R
Strausburg 5.1IP 6R
Price 5IP 8R

We're amending the forum rules. In game threads, you can only post about the following things:

- Twins baseball
- Batting helmets full of cottage cheese
- North Korea
- JJ Hardy's dreamy eyes
- Eddie Gaedel

snepp
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Hmmm, not falling for the trap.

GCTF
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM

There once was a man named Enos....

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM

Geez, the mods are now gonna have to ban all of us just for what we are thinking.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM

so... Tell us about the girls

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
There once was a man named Enos....

Forget the twelve-year-olds, my problem is being a bad influence on the (other) old goats here. :)

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
3684 Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya.

30whales
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
I am scared.... Davis is up and I am playing him in fantasy.

snepp
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya.

Just to be safe I recommend that everybody envelop their devices in tinfoil.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Forget the twelve-year-olds, my problem is being a bad influence on the (other) old goats here. :) Oddly enough, being a bad influence on Canucks is encouraged. Tough to do, but encouraged.

GCTF
04-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Forget the twelve-year-olds, my problem is being a bad influence on the (other) old goats here. :)

I thought it was reasonably clear my post was about Enos Cabell. Played 3B for the Astros 30 years ago.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Just to be safe I recommend that everybody envelop their devices in tinfoil. Ouch. Lots of...sharp edges... when you crinkle that stuff up.

GCTF
Meanwhile back at the game...Duensing >> Robertson.

Brock Beauchamp
Duensing gets it done.

Gibby
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
so... Tell us about the girls

I Have made up my mind to be a sailors wife....

JeffReboulet
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Well done, Duensing. I had my doubts but happy to be proved wrong.

Gibby
04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Good game in Sheecago.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I think the fastball Duensing threw that Davis fouled back was an illustration of the difference between 86 and 92.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Duensing gets it done.

Is this one of those Circle Me Bert slogans on posterboard?

Gibby
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
That was beautiful.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Hell of a play by lexi. Hell of a call by the ump.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Real nice play by Casilla... I wish we would have kept him.

Just Kidding.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Real nice play by Casilla... I wish we would have kept him.

Just Kidding.

Kidding or not, it wasn't his glove that kept him from establishing himself for the good paydays with the Twins.

ChiTownTwinsFan
04-07-2013, 03:11 PM
We're amending the forum rules. In game threads, you can only post about the following things:

- Twins baseball
- Batting helmets full of cottage cheese
- North Korea
- JJ Hardy's dreamy eyes
- Eddie Gaedel

Yes! Sigh! :)

USAFChief
Make it look easy, Jar.

Riverbrian
Burton " the athlete"

Brock Beauchamp
Burton doing his best Nick Punto impression out there.

Ultima Ratio
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
:pGlad we got the out there, would hate to decide whether that would be an error or not.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Burton doing his best Nick Punto impression out there.

He slid into first to record the out?

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
:pGlad we got the out there, would hate to decide whether that would be an error or not.
Well played sir.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Burton really looks tough. Or looks really tough. Either way.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Damn fine pitching... Bring on the ninth.

snepp
04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Burton really looks tough. Or looks really tough. Either way.

Or is really tough.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Or is really tough.
+1. //adds to post count//

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Catcher's interference? There wasn't anybody on base to distract Teagarden; just a brainfart by him setting up to far up, or what?

Gibby
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Bert just called him Showalter.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Catcher's interference? There wasn't anybody on base to distract Teagarden; just a brainfart by him setting up to far up, or what?

Yeah pretty much... He reached to far.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Perk high and tight

USAFChief
Bert just called him Showalter.Drink!

Gibby
In 13 years of catching it happened to me twice.

Riverbrian
04-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Perk mixin it up

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Oh no, my mistake of typing 'to' instead of 'too' has infected RB's normally impeckable posting style.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:31 PM
In 13 years of catching it happened to me twice. Not tight with the groupies?

Riverbrian
Casilla... I'm glad he's gone.

Just kidding

minn55441
4 runs on 4 hits. this is the definition of stealing one.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Just think what our record might be if Mastro had been starting instead of Hicks!!1!

Gibby
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Not tight with the groupies?
Ok, I laughed.

ChiTownTwinsFan
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
At this point I was thinking the Twins would be 2-4, 3-3 even ... I'll take 4-2. Nice win.

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I have to admit, I was very late to the idea that Perkins would be elite, as I saw 2011 as a fluke or career year or small sample size or something. He's actually bringing comfort when he's in to close a one-run game.

GCTF
Just think what our record might be if Mastro had been starting instead of Hicks!!1!

Seriously, I did laugh.

Brock Beauchamp
Jesus, Alexi. At least make it look like you give a damn.

Top Gun
04-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Twins needed this one.

minn55441
04-07-2013, 03:38 PM
swarzak with the win on his first day back.

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Ok, I laughed. That's my job!

jokin
04-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Jesus, Alexi. At least make it look like you give a damn.

Watch the waiver wire tomorrow. There's no way Show puts up with that noise.

minn55441
04-07-2013, 03:40 PM
now off to KC. I think I know the consensus, but do keep Hicks in the leadoff spot tomorrow?

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Watch the waiver wire tomorrow. There's no way Show puts up with that noise.

I've seen Alexi loaf on more plays than I can count but that was really a step above his typical nonchalance. Two outs, bottom of the ninth, one run game.

*shakes head*

Gibby
I have to admit, I was very late to the idea that Perkins would be elite, as I saw 2011 as a fluke or career year or small sample size or something. He's actually bringing comfort when he's in to close a one-run game.
I still kind of miss Nathan's histrionics.

Brock Beauchamp
now off to KC. I think I know the consensus, but do keep Hicks in the leadoff spot tomorrow?

Eh, I don't think Hicks should be leading off but there's nobody on the roster who should be leading off right now...

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I've seen Alexi loaf on more plays than I can count but that was really a step above his typical nonchalance. Two outs, bottom of the ninth, one run game.

*shakes head* He's in the AL East now. "Tail 'battlin' " not cool.

glunn
Nice game thread and another big win for the Twins.

Gibby
Whatever happened to Gardy's batting order according to position? hehe

USAFChief
04-07-2013, 03:44 PM
now off to KC. I think I know the consensus, but do keep Hicks in the leadoff spot tomorrow? Yes, IMO. Readdress 1 June.

jokin
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Eh, I don't think Hicks should be leading off but there's nobody on the roster who should be leading off right now...

Yup. The way DicknBert and Whatshername describe it, Mastro is lucky to still be among the living after hitting a ball off his shin. That being said, Jamey Carroll is the one guy left on the roster who looks to somewhat ably (hey, everything at 39 is somewhat ably!) jump into the leadoff spot should Hicks continue to struggle.

Brock Beauchamp
04-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Yup. The way DicknBert and Whatshername describe it, Mastro is lucky to still be among the living after hitting a ball off his shin. That being said, Jamey Carroll is the one guy left on the roster who looks to somewhat ably (hey, everything at 39 is somewhat ably!) jump into the leadoff spot should Hicks continue to struggle.

He's the logical choice but he's not even starting right now so there's that...

jokin
04-07-2013, 04:28 PM
He's the logical choice but he's not even starting right now so there's that...

If Plouffie decides he's destined to become the human pin cushion much longer, I think a spot at 3B is going to open up soon.

Seriously though, if anyone could handle continually rotating spot starts between SS, 2B and 3B 5-6 times a week- and doing it competently- it would be Carroll.

stringer bell
04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
I watched the game after DVRing it, so I didn't check this game thread 'til the game was long over. Many comments--Willingham, Jones, and Casilla all were jogging when they should have been sprinting, also perhaps Hardy on the DP grounder. Casilla's is easily the most perplexing, unless he thought the ball was foul or something. Plouffe has now been plunked three times in six games--that would project to 81 in a season Chief. Hicks is clearly struggling, but got a big hit today. Many of the former players seem to think it is a thing like that which gets a guy going. Hicks hasn't looked like a gold glover in center yet. Much like Florimon, he has all the tools but has made some misplays although it is not a fireable offense to slip while trying to adjust your route. I thought the ump's zone was tiny today. It hurts guys like Hernandez a lot, but he seemed to adjust pretty well. Give two wins to Roenicke--he singlehandedly saved the bullpen and won the game yesterday and set it up so that the bully would be fresh to shut down the mighty O's today (yes sarcasm). How about productive outs? Dozier's bunt and Parm's SF both really helped the Twins today.

Top Gun
04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
so there you have it, the Twins in 1st place after week one!

ashburyjohn
04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Yes, IMO. Readdress 1 June.

Or May 15, or May 1. But not April 7, or 8, or 9...