PDA

View Full Version : MLB.tv dilemma

Brock Beauchamp
04-03-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to watch the Sox/Royals game.

Not thinking, I clicked into the ChiSox feed and started developing a headache. I realized that it was due to the sound of Hawk Harrellson's voice.

I immediately flipped to the Royals feed and realized that Rex Hudler is the color guy for the Royals.

Good God, what do I do? My only other option is to watch the Astros play baseball, and nobody wants to do that.

CDog
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
With no radio feed option (XM?), seems like Mute Button + Music Playing is about your best bet.

IdahoPilgrim
04-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm trying to watch the Sox/Royals game.

Not thinking, I clicked into the ChiSox feed and started developing a headache. I realized that it was due to the sound of Hawk Harrellson's voice.

I immediately flipped to the Royals feed and realized that Rex Hudler is the color guy for the Royals.

Good God, what do I do? My only other option is to watch the Astros play baseball, and nobody wants to do that.

You have to eat your vegetables before you can get any dessert.

Willihammer
04-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Put on your hipster hat and listen to the Hawk ironically.

Brock Beauchamp
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Put on your hipster hat and listen to the Hawk ironically.

I'm trying to listen to Hudler ironically but it's impossible. I listened to this dolt for too many years in Anaheim.

He is not a smart man. He got busted for trying to get on an airplane with weed in his suitcase, for crying out loud.

kab21
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
My description of Hudler to a co-worker a couple of weeks ago, 'He sounds like Otto from the Simpsons and I can easily picture him in the booth in board shorts, flip flops and bleached surfer hair. Other things in the booth are his surfboard and a bag of weed'.

I can't believe that he is now on TV. I remember watching quite a bit mlbtv a few years ago and the Royals team was one of the driest teams in the MLB. They were so boring.

PseudoSABR
04-04-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't know if it's possible or if the streams are in sync--but could you open the television broadcast in one window and mute it and open the radio feed in another?

Brock Beauchamp
04-04-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't know if it's possible or if the streams are in sync--but could you open the television broadcast in one window and mute it and open the radio feed in another?

I was thinking about that but decided it was too difficult.

Kobs
04-04-2013, 11:05 PM
I was thinking about that but decided it was too difficult.

Don't you work in computers or something?

Paul Pleiss
04-05-2013, 12:40 AM

This is how I watch almost all Twins games. I'm not a big fan of Dick and Bert, but I like the radio broadcast, not so much Danno, but Provus calls a good game. I can usually get them pretty well synched up w/out too much issue. Sometimes I'm a second or 2 behind live so I have to be careful watching twitter/game chats, but it gives me the best of both worlds.

-P

spycake
04-05-2013, 07:38 AM
OK, I know you just wanted to make fun of Hawk and Hudler... but I believe MLB.tv has alternate audio feeds, including radio feeds and even an ambient stadium noise feed on the home broadcast (no announcers at all). I think you have to install the "NexDef" plugin to select these, though, so you'd have to be watching on a computer rather than a mobile device.

jay
04-05-2013, 07:55 AM
So, I know this guy...
who detests the idea of spending $60-$90/month on a marginal cable package but seriously misses live sports, predominantly Twins baseball. He paid the $150 for mlb.tv (plus milb.tv) to fix this and now his wife is mad at him because he gets to see Twins games, but she still has no HGTV.
Poor chap!

Brock Beauchamp
04-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Don't you work in computers or something?

Which is offset by my incredible laziness.

mini_tb
04-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I just might be able to one up you... I was listening to the Twins game on mlb.tv yesterday, and it kept playing the White Sox audio feed at the same time as the Twins. It seemed like it would start doing it when the innings ran long. Provus talks a lot more than the Sox announcers, so I was able to barely tolerate it.

Brock Beauchamp
04-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I just might be able to one up you... I was listening to the Twins game on mlb.tv yesterday, and it kept playing the White Sox audio feed at the same time as the Twins. It seemed like it would start doing it when the innings ran long. Provus talks a lot more than the Sox announcers, so I was able to barely tolerate it.

So you were haunted by Harrellson?

Yikes. Talk about the ninth circle of hell.

ChiTownTwinsFan
04-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Changing the direction a little ... but those who have had both MLB.Tv and Comcast Extra Innings ... which do you prefer? Which would you choose? Time to make a choice in order to get Twins games.

Gernzy
04-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Changing the direction a little ... but those who have had both MLB.Tv and Comcast Extra Innings ... which do you prefer? Which would you choose? Time to make a choice in order to get Twins games.

Really depends on what you want. With Comcast not all the games are in HD. If you have a good internet connection MLB.TV quaility is good but you have to pay more the get the feed you want (home or away)