PDA

View Full Version : When you get down on being a Twins fan, remember the White Sox

Brock Beauchamp
04-01-2013, 08:13 PM
This... Is... Awful.

Comcast SportsNet's White Sox Intro Video Is One Of The Worst Things Ever Put On Television And Possibly Harmful To Your Health (http://deadspin.com/comcast-sportsnets-white-sox-intro-video-is-one-of-the-464898838)

Thrylos
04-01-2013, 08:18 PM
that is so painful
Really
Gee

TheLeviathan
04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
My wife (a White Sox fan and Chicagoan) was in genuine pain watching. I am thankful that my pain watching this was lessened being able to rub it in that it was her crappy baseball team that produced that travesty.

So the real question here is - is this worse than two mullet-clad morons rushing a 70 year old man from behind? I say yes.

(In fairness, we did use this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QDpDZ2irng)for a year)

cmathewson
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Seizure-inducing.

Haddyz
04-01-2013, 11:36 PM
I can't understand this concept. Who OK'd this?
Saliva, fine, I get it... BOOM.
White Sox players lipping to it. What the...

What I like even more is the article that follows where the guy rips into Hawk Harrelson even more.

And I thought I was the only one that genuinely despised that television voice/character.

Effin White Sox.

Brock Beauchamp
04-02-2013, 10:01 AM
And I thought I was the only one that genuinely despised that television voice/character.

Pretty much everyone that isn't a mouth-breathing ChiSox fan absolutely despises Hawk Harrelson. He's one of the worst announcers in the game and IMO, is only rivaled by Rex Hudler, who I had the pleasure (agony) of listening to for years as the Angels color guy.

ChiTownTwinsFan
04-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Pretty much everyone that isn't a mouth-breathing ChiSox fan absolutely despises Hawk Harrelson. He's one of the worst announcers in the game and IMO, is only rivaled by Rex Hudler, who I had the pleasure (agony) of listening to for years as the Angels color guy.

This is why I pay for an audio subscription so I can mute the TV when the Twins are playing the Sox.

ashburyjohn
04-02-2013, 11:18 PM
The video has pretty much every editing cliche there is, but even so, I'm having trouble getting worked up in anger over it. It's just a disposable piece of entertainment trying to aim for a younger crowd than me. I'll have to ask my sons or daughter if it works for them.

Did you click on the other video link on that page to the Bosox crooner? Seth MacFarlane without the irony. Not bad enough to be camp, not good enough to catch on.

powrwrap
04-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Cue heavy metal power chord guitar soundtrack. Show silhouettes of rappers against a blue screen, and then have camera zoom in to a close up shot on......a white sock.

Bwaahhaaahahahaha!

Sarah
04-06-2013, 12:59 PM
This reminds me of the slogan WGN had a few years ago- "TV you can't ignore" with these creepy eyes as their logo. It was quickly replaced by WGN America. Bizarre.

Oh, and "mouth breathing White Sox fans." Hahahahahaha

Riverbrian
04-08-2013, 01:22 PM
It's save to conclude that none of those guys are viable options to replace Josey Scott.

IdahoPilgrim
04-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Actually, if I was a White Sox fan I'd be pretty happy right now. Who cares about something like this when you're tied for first place?

Oldgoat_MN
04-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Wow.

And I used to think I could never have compassion for a White Sox fan.

So sad.

Brock Beauchamp
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Actually, if I was a White Sox fan I'd be pretty happy right now. Who cares about something like this when you're tied for first place?

It's also hard to care about this sort of thing when you've been plotting and planning all offseason on how to get around security and physically accost a rival's first base coach.