PDA

View Full Version : One Column or Two Columns?

Nick Nelson
03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
The TD admins have gone back and forth a little bit on this so I figured I would open it up to the users...

When we first switched to the new design, we used a single-column format for articles below the slider on the front page. Now, as you may have noticed, we're testing out a two-column format. This new arrangement (more similar to the previous design) is busier but features more content.

What do you folks prefer?

Han Joelo
03-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Consistency.

ashburyjohn
03-21-2013, 01:19 PM
> Now, as you may have noticed

I had not. Which probably explains why I voted "Rally Monkey".

Mainly I want to see a good selection of recent articles, combined with the list of recent forum responses which your team expanded from the inadequate 5 in the previous design. Whatever format supports that, is fine with me, as long as it keeps the number of accidental rollovers of ads to a minimum.

glunn
03-27-2013, 01:41 AM
I like one column better, but also agree with Han that consistency would be nice. I also agree with John.

JB_Iowa
03-27-2013, 06:40 AM
I like the 2 column set-up on the articles -- less scrolling. I continue to dislike the set-up of most of the right column (not the fact that there are ads -- that's a given; but the set-up of everything else.)

YourHouseIsMyHouse
03-27-2013, 08:37 AM
I like two columns a lot more than the old design. It looks more appealing and it's a little easier to use. Still, it was very tempting to vote rally monkey.