PDA

View Full Version : From MLB Trade Rumors

stringer bell
03-20-2013, 09:54 PM
I haven't checked mlbtraderumors.com much lately, but I saw several tidbits that would/should be of interest to the Twins and their fans: 1) San Francisco is looking for backup infielders (can we say Jamey Carroll?) and Baltimore is looking for a defense-first backup catcher (Sweet Drew?). 2) Pitchers Chris Young and Matt Capps look to be available for little or nothing. Chone Figgins was released and is also available. 3) Chien-Mingh Wang is also drawing interest from several major league clubs. I suppose that the Twins won't be players in any of the situations I mentioned, but given their status in the bottom of the league they should have the opportunity to pick up someone useful as teams cut down to 25 to head into the regular season. Thoughts?

70charger
03-20-2013, 10:00 PM
If they can squeeze any value from Butera, I say go ahead and do it. Who knows, if any team would pick him up, it'd be the Orioles. They seem to want the whole of our lineup from the last few years...

Badsmerf
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Why would they be interested in spending money on garbage players when they wouldn't spend money on average players?

glunn
03-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Why would they be interested in spending money on garbage players when they wouldn't spend money on average players?

They spent on Correia, which makes me think that they might spend more if a decent player becomes available.

jokin
03-21-2013, 03:38 AM
They spent on Correia, which makes me think that they might spend more if a decent player becomes available.

But, but,...attempting to acquire a more decent player than Correia? (which in the real world shouldn't be all that difficult)...that would really mean they would have to try and sneak some other "valuable" asset off the 40-man roster.. so no, too risky...let's just settle overpaying for the mediocrities we already have.../sarc

beckmt
03-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Butera to Baltimore for anything vaguely useful would be a good thing. Gardenhire claims to want some punch off the bench. Help him out.

ThePuck
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM

There weren't any decent players available when he signed Correia to begin with?