PDA

View Full Version : CRapids roster

Vervehound
03-11-2013, 11:44 AM
One of the most prospect laden rosters I've seen in low-A. I'm assuming the converted college starters (melotakis and duffey) start out here, meaning we'd have prospects at the following:

cf: buxton
rf: walker
lf: kepler
2b: polanco
ss: goodrum
3b: harrison

sp: berrios
sp: bard
sp: mata
sp: melotakis
sp: duffey
sp: boyd
sp: robb

rp: lee
rp: herr
rp: powell
rp: gallant
rp: burris

Jeff A
03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
That looks like a team that's going to be really interesting to watch.

Badsmerf
03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Wow. Awesome roster. Looking forward to following them.

diehardtwinsfan
03-11-2013, 03:22 PM
7 starters for 5 spots... someone is going to have to move.

Vervehound
03-11-2013, 03:34 PM
7 starters for 5 spots... someone is going to have to move.

not necessarily. we had seven starters start 14 or more games at beloit last year. seven is right about the perfect number with all the vicissitudes of the minor league season. one of those guys might start out in extended spring training if there is a logjam and either wait for a promotion, an injury, or an implosion.

mudcat14
03-12-2013, 06:04 PM
I only live about a half hour away from CR. I'm looking forward to several outings at Veterans Memorial Stadium this summer.

stringer bell
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I expect to getdown there at least once. My daughter lives less than a half hour away. Having seen most of these guys in the last two days, I really look forward to the trip more.

Vervehound
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
I expect to getdown there at least once. My daughter lives less than a half hour away. Having seen most of these guys in the last two days, I really look forward to the trip more.

any first hand reports you'd like to share with us?

stringer bell
03-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes, much to say but I am at work right now. I'll write quite a bit about Ft. Myers when I get home tonight (with the snow blowing outside!).

Mr. Brooks
03-18-2013, 02:33 PM
JT Chargois will probably start the season in CR as well, wont he?

tellis205
03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
OK guys I'm gonna go out on a limb here a little bit. Just got back from Ft. Myers and the 2nd most impressive guy I watched down there was Stephen Wicken. He's talented and driven. He's got an air about him. I know he just turned 24. I never really heard anything about him before seeing him down there. I could see them pushing him this year. I think he'll start in CR and end at FM. He stuck out amongst alot of the kids in the CR work group. He had some nice hits in the games I watched. Just sayin. Anyone else agree with me?

Nick Nelson
03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
OK guys I'm gonna go out on a limb here a little bit. Just got back from Ft. Myers and the 2nd most impressive guy I watched down there was Stephen Wicken. He's talented and driven. He's got an air about him. I know he just turned 24. I never really heard anything about him before seeing him down there. I could see them pushing him this year. I think he'll start in CR and end at FM. He stuck out amongst alot of the kids in the CR work group. He had some nice hits in the games I watched. Just sayin. Anyone else agree with me?
Good plate discipline, no pop. Old for a prospect in Low-A. Still, a little intriguing if he can stick at short. I'll keep an eye on him, thanks for the report.

Seth Stohs
03-19-2013, 09:44 PM

Saw him play 4 games late in the season in Beloit. He did stand out as a good line drive hitter and a tremendous bunter in BP. He played well his short time with the Snappers. Defensively, he looked OK-at-best at SS and 2B. Defensively, he's no AJ Pettersen, and they're similar offensively. Both are four-year-college guys, so they won't be considered young prospect. They profile quite similarly.

stringer bell
03-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Vargas at first? No one is listed. The Twins have impressive size at first base as well as on the mound. The outfield could have three all-league players. I think the infielders all have something to prove--hopefully some of them will provide positive answers. CR pitching could be pretty good. I think Berrios is on the fast track and will be the Twins' first under-21 player since Mauer. I liked what Melotakis had to offer and I hope he can stick as a starter. I didn't see Bard throw at all. I believe that Buxton will make Hicks either irrelevant or a corner outfielder. Kepler can really sting the ball and looks like a good athlete.

Vervehound
03-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Vargas at first? No one is listed. The Twins have impressive size at first base as well as on the mound. The outfield could have three all-league players. I think the infielders all have something to prove--hopefully some of them will provide positive answers. CR pitching could be pretty good. I think Berrios is on the fast track and will be the Twins' first under-21 player since Mauer. I liked what Melotakis had to offer and I hope he can stick as a starter. I didn't see Bard throw at all. I believe that Buxton will make Hicks either irrelevant or a corner outfielder. Kepler can really sting the ball and looks like a good athlete.

vargas likely starts out in ft. myers. he spent an eternity in the rookie leagues so I don't see him repeating the mwl after a solid performance. dj hicks will likely be the 1b at crapids, perhaps splitting time with rory Rhodes. I think both are organizational guys and I just listed the guys I thought could be classed as prospects.

Vervehound
03-19-2013, 11:01 PM
JT Chargois will probably start the season in CR as well, wont he?

he'll stay in the pen so the guess is that he'll be fasttracked to ft. myers. my guess is that rogers and baxendale will join him in ft. myers as fellow 2012 draftees.