PDA

View Full Version : Where will Trevor May start?

YourHouseIsMyHouse
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Will he repeat AA at New Britain or move on to AAA with Rochester?

ashburyjohn
03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Start at AA again, move up to AAA mid-season if he has demonstrated improved command.

Oldgoat_MN
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I will just weigh in and say AA for 2 reasons:
1. He is new to the Twins organization.
2. His WHIP was 1.45, BB/9 was 4.7 and his ERA was 4.87 in AA for Philly. None of those numbers scream, "Advance!".

Rosterman
03-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Spring training. The Twins have a lot of minor league free agents. Some (Harden, Blackburn) will start on the dl. Swarzak will be stretching out, but probably start lower. DeVries will probably be switched to long-man. The Twins also have Meyer...should he start at AA or get the push. I think control at the end of spring training will be the plus. Again, there's enough non-roster guys that will probably start at Rochester that will either get called up (added to the 40-man, then have to face waivers if sent out) that a mid-season move between classes will happen for Meyer and May...and maybe even Hermsen. May would be moreso than Meyer, as if he pitches well, he would get a September looksee and possibly be in the 2014 plans.

mike wants wins
03-08-2013, 10:25 AM
AA, they have a ton of AAAA pitchers that will start in AAA. Once they bomb, they'll move up Meyer, imo.

Seth Stohs
03-09-2013, 07:50 AM
I think May, Meyer and Hermsen all start in AA this season.

Twinsfan46
03-09-2013, 08:32 AM
TR was higher on Meyer than May in quotes this week. I agree with Seth unless May shows better command. I think TR wants him to go to AAA but won't force it if he isn't throwing strikes and being aggressive in the zone.

Linus
03-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Seth, I'm curious why you think Hermsen will go back after pitching quite well at AA last year? Seems to me that he is ready for
AAA

greengoblinrulz
03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
May, Meyer & Hermsen are all headed to New Brit as Twins will once again use AAA for the retreads like Sam Deduno & PJ Walters. The Red Wings 'ace' will be either Kyle Gibson or Liam Hendriks...whomever doesnt make the rotation (unless both due to Diamonds elbow). Joining them in the rotation in ROC will be Pedro Hernandez & Cole DeVries. Nick Blackburn woulda been there but is out for a month or 2 (thankfully). Shairon Martis & Esmeril Vazquez will also compete for a spot. No spots for true prospects.
Looks like Oswaldo Arcia is now guarranteed to start in AA also, due to his injury.