PDA

View Full Version : Powers: Joe Benson Finding His Inner Zen

John Bonnes
03-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Tom Powers starts a narrative on Joe Benson that is likely to gain a lot of steam, because it's just such an approachable story. Joe Benson could succeed - if he would just get out of his own way:

Just inside the Twins' clubhouse at Hammond Stadium, about a half-dozen lockers down and to the left as one walks in, is a little slice of serenity.

There is no incense burning or nature sounds playing. But this is the home area for Joe Benson, former hothead turned poised young man.

"I've been known to struggle a little bit with the mental part of the game," Benson said. "I'd like to think I've cleaned most of that up."

It's time like this that I really want Bat Girl back. I expect Kung Fu was a little before her time, but a Kung Fu mashup featuring Joe Benson walking across the rice paper without leaving a mark would make my day, week and maybe month. Honestly, wouldn't Terry Ryan make a great Kung Fu Master Teacher? This is a gimme.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22710517/tom-powers-twins-outfielder-joe-benson-finally-good

mike wants wins
03-04-2013, 09:53 PM
I literally suggested meditation study last spring.....