Trevor Plouffe 3B
Joe Benson RF
Wilkin Ramirez LF
Jeff Clement 1B
Ray Olmedo SS

Mike Pelfrey SP

Chance
03-03-2013, 11:26 AM
When in the lineup, even with benson and mastro in the lineup also, hicks has been the lead off batter. This leads me to believe that hicks (has) already become the starting centerfielder baring injury.

Thoughts?

Hammertime
03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Hot bats after a week into spring games...
Willingham .643
Rosario .545
Morneau .471 with 8 RBIs
Ramirez .400
Mastroianni .364
Mauer .364
Carroll .357
Hicks .357
Colabello .333
Plouffe .333

Hope they can keep some of this mojo working come April.

minn55441
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
When in the lineup, even with benson and mastro in the lineup also, hicks has been the lead off batter. This leads me to believe that hicks (has) already become the starting centerfielder baring injury.

Thoughts?

how does the saying go? You can't win the position in the first 2 weeks, but you can sure lose it.

As long as one of the three doesn't play so poorly that they no longer even get a look, I would expect the competition really will be the final two weeks. Who is playing best heading into the season. Who steps up there play as the pressure to make the cut increases.

Seth Stohs
03-03-2013, 12:32 PM

Thoughts?

I don't think he's been named the Twins starting CF, but I think they want to give him every opportunity to do that. His skill set also is that of leadoff hitter, more than the other two. But, what is clear is that he is the future at CF and leadoff hitter, and they're getting him prepared for that.

Seth Stohs
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
David Price is certainly on... 3 IP, 5 K, one single.

J-Dog Dungan
03-03-2013, 01:22 PM
When did Dick Bremer move to the radio, and is Provus still with the radio team? I just tuned into the game, and it was a little surprising to hear Bremer on the radio.

minn55441
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't think he's been named the Twins starting CF, but I think they want to give him every opportunity to do that. His skill set also is that of leadoff hitter, more than the other two. But, what is clear is that he is the future at CF and leadoff hitter, and they're getting him prepared for that.

I heard some suppossed minor league expert on KFAN this morning talking about this exact subject. If I remember correctly, I think he said that Hicks would be up with the big club in early June.

Enjoyed your segment Seth.

glunn
03-03-2013, 01:56 PM
It looks like Pelfrey had a smooth start, but Burton got into trouble. I wish that I could get this on television.

Dez Tobin
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
When did Dick Bremer move to the radio, and is Provus still with the radio team? I just tuned into the game, and it was a little surprising to hear Bremer on the radio.
Provus and Gladden are still the radio guys as are Dick and Bert the TV guys.
Bremer is doing some filling in on the radio this spring. Provus and Dick did the last four games. Provus has the day off today so Dick and Gladden are calling the game. Bert is overseas coaching the Netherlands in the WBC.

edavis0308
03-03-2013, 02:10 PM
It looks like Pelfrey had a smooth start, but Burton got into trouble. I wish that I could get this on television.

What was his velocity today? Same as last start?

Seth Stohs
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I heard some suppossed minor league expert on KFAN this morning talking about this exact subject. If I remember correctly, I think he said that Hicks would be up with the big club in early June.

Enjoyed your segment Seth.

Thanks... it was on 1500espn with Darren Wolfson. I think Hicks will be up by about May 10th o so, but it could be June 10th. I didn't talk about when I thought Hicks would be up, just explaining the timelines of what starting the season with the TWins meant compared to coming up May 1 versus early June.

Seth Stohs
03-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Trevor May walked two and struckout one in one inning.

BJ Hermsen hit a batter and gave up a wind-aided homer in his inning, but he also struckout two (Wil Myers and Brandon Guyer).

Badsmerf
03-03-2013, 08:22 PM

Thoughts?
Play CF bat lead-off duh.

jokin
03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Play CF bat lead-off duh.***

​***..........Play 2B, bat 2-Hole.......:whacky028:

(Gardy KISS principles 101)

jokin
03-03-2013, 09:09 PM
What was his velocity today? Same as last start?

Good questions. Anyone know if that is being tracked and where to find the info? DickNDan thought the outing was very encouraging with good movement on his pitches.

He's the one pitcher of the new acquisitions who has finally had a good outing. Gotta keep our fingers crossed that this is going to work out, as it appears that the braintrust is aware that what Pelfrey is attempting to do here is unprecedented, plus Pelfrey gives a big hat tip to Andy for a mechanics fix:

Latest outing shows Twins pitcher Mike Pelfrey ahead of schedule | twinsbaseball.com: News (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130303&content_id=42228168&vkey=news_min&c_id=min)