PDA

View Full Version : Mackey: Revere has nothing but praise for Ryan/Twins

John Bonnes
02-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Ben Revere made some remarks to 1500 ESPN's Phil Mackey (among others) today and had nothing but praise for the Twins....

"I just want to say, to the Minnesota Twins, up and down from the front office to the palyers, I just want a chance to say thank you," said Revere, who hit .278/.319/.323 with 74 stolen bases and countless spectacular catches in 254 games with the Twins. "The reason why I'm here is (them) working with me from 2007 until now, making me a better player. Getting a chance to go through that organization was a blessing."

....and especially for Terry Ryan....

"Terry Ryan, he was a big Ben Revere fan from the start. I told him I wasn't going to let him down whatsoever. He's been on my case since the minor leagues, every single day, and even into the big leagues."

1) I'm going to miss Ben Revere
2) I think it's pretty clear that the overwhelming criticism the Twins received for drafting Ben Revere has been proven wrong. Not only did he make it to the majors, not only was he productive (especially when you include his defense), but because he skill set is rare, the Twins flipped him for two players that might be his equal. The Ben Revere era was very good for the Twins.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Ben_Revere_speaks_highly_of_GM_Terry_Ryan_in_retur n_to_Fort_Myers022713

Willihammer
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Reports that Revere has mashed a few taters at Bright House during BP. Pretty much a replica of CBP

Seth Stohs
02-27-2013, 08:58 PM
I truly believe that Ryan had no intention of trading Revere after trading Span. However, he was offered a solid #3 type of pitcher (Worley) who is at the same service time level as Revere AND a pitching prospect who throws 95 and just one year ago was their top prospect and just 2 months ago was their #2 prospect. Ryan couldn't say no, and Revere is smart enough to get that.

J-Dog Dungan
02-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Ben Revere made some remarks to 1500 ESPN's Phil Mackey (among others) today and had nothing but praise for the Twins....

....and especially for Terry Ryan....

1) I'm going to miss Ben Revere
2) I think it's pretty clear that the overwhelming criticism the Twins received for drafting Ben Revere has been proven wrong. Not only did he make it to the majors, not only was he productive (especially when you include his defense), but because he skill set is rare, the Twins flipped him for two players that might be his equal. The Ben Revere era was very good for the Twins.

Ben Revere speaks highly of GM Terry Ryan in return to Fort Myers - Minnesota Twins news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Twins (http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Ben_Revere_speaks_highly_of_GM_Terry_Ryan_in_retur n_to_Fort_Myers022713)
If by equal you mean equal by themselves, then yes, I would agree with you.

Riverbrian
02-27-2013, 10:09 PM
I will always be a Ben Revere fan... I'm gonna miss watching him everyday. That guy brought it with him to the park every day.

No matter how big a fan I was... I would have made that trade.

He will homer this year... Over the fence... I'm calling it and when he gets the first one... His second will come within a week.