PDA

View Full Version : Ezequiel Carrera

stringer bell
02-27-2013, 06:04 AM
mlbtraderumors.com has a line on him. He will be 26 in June, is out of options, has just less than a year's service time, and looks to be squeezed out of the Tribe's Opening Day roster. Carrera is a speedy LH hitter, who has played all three OF positions. In 384 MLB PAs, he has OPSed .653 with 18 stolen bases. To me, he would be an ideal 4th OF, particularly since all three of the CF candidates look like they'll hit lefties better than righthanders. He could start some games in center, pinch-run and could also be a defensive replacement for Parmelee or Willingham. Two questions though: 1) Would Cleveland trade him to a division rival? 2) What would it cost to acquire him? I presume that MLB rosters are sprinkled with guys like this. Are there any others like him thought to be available?

old nurse
02-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Wouldn't it be nothing if dfa. It might be worth a trade if he were a shortstop.

Badsmerf
02-27-2013, 07:44 AM
No need. He doesn't hit well enough to justify it. Twins already have Mastro in that role.

spideyo
02-27-2013, 08:43 AM
No need. He doesn't hit well enough to justify it. Twins already have Mastro in that role.

Besides that, if Morneau, Mauer, and Parmelee have really good years, they don't really need another big lefty bat.

Badsmerf
02-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Besides that, if Morneau, Mauer, and Parmelee have really good years, they don't really need another big lefty bat.
I laughed at little at that.