PDA

View Full Version : K-twin

luckylager
02-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Is anyone else having difficultly tuning in the Twins new radio home? I am in a third floor office in Roseville. I have no trouble tuning in other major FM stations but K-TWIN is getting totally pushed out by KS95 and Cities97. I really hope this doesnt continue to be a problem.

mcrow
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Issues with getting chanels at work is what prompted me to get Sirius XM. Now I just listen on my phone via data or wifi, just had too many isues getting a reception in our building.

nokomismod
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I listened in my car yesterday and it sounded good...really really good, but I was just in South Mpls.

luckylager
02-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I finally found the "sweet spot" on my desk for my radio. Coming in much better now!

SweetOne69
02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
First, I didn't have any issues listening to K-Twin in the car as I was driving to St. Cloud.

Second, I've heard of reception problems before when you are too close to the tower (I know it seems silly). A friend of mine has a terrible time picking up AM1280 - The Patriot and he lives about 1/2 mile from the tower.

Third, since I live outstate and have to rely on the TIBN, which is unreliable as some stations don't come in and some don't carry games that they are supposed, I spend the $20 for At Bat and stream the audio.

Steve Penz
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
I was out towards stillwater yesterday and the reception was not great. Last year I bought the mlb at bat app for my phone and really enjoyed it. You can listen to the game on it from anyplace you have a data signal. It is 15.00 well spent and it is the regular broadcast. FYI- Dave St. Peter is @TwinsPrez on Twitter. He is active on it and very receptive. I'll bet he would appreciate you reporting your experience to him if that persists. They did not switch stations to lose listeners.

mikeee
02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
It worked fine for me on Saturday.

Sarah
02-25-2013, 05:41 PM
I live in St. Louis Park and I couldn't even get AM 1500 in my apartment. I tried K-Twin on Sunday afternoon and it came in much clearer- amen to this radio switch!

Jerr
02-26-2013, 06:21 PM
I listened at work on my pocket size Sangean radio, very little problems in Andover.

Dark Kinetic-Grip
03-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Sadly, I cannot get the radio station anywhere in the house, even with an active FM antenna--and I'm inside the 694 highway ring. I tried streaming a preseason game from the website--but it was blocked during game time, with a suggestion to go to MLB website and buy their access. Really? Will that be the situation during the regular season?

Ultima Ratio
03-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Sadly, I cannot get the radio station anywhere in the house, even with an active FM antenna--and I'm inside the 694 highway ring. I tried streaming a preseason game from the website--but it was blocked during game time, with a suggestion to go to MLB website and buy their access. Really? Will that be the situation during the regular season?

There's a secret military installation below you. :)

spideyo
03-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Keep in mind, the main transmitter for ktwn is actually in Crystal, so if you are in the east metro it's not going to be quite as strong. Also, while FM isn't going to be affected nearly as much as AM by interference, it has much greater problems with physical barriers, like big buildings, thick walls, mountains, etc

Kobs
03-31-2013, 02:30 PM
I was out towards stillwater yesterday and the reception was not great. Last year I bought the mlb at bat app for my phone and really enjoyed it. You can listen to the game on it from anyplace you have a data signal. It is 15.00 well spent and it is the regular broadcast. FYI- Dave St. Peter is @TwinsPrez on Twitter. He is active on it and very receptive. I'll bet he would appreciate you reporting your experience to him if that persists. They did not switch stations to lose listeners.

It's actually $20 now, two years ago it was $10.