PDA

View Full Version : Nishioka 3, Pawtucket 4

Seth Stohs
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
In a AAA game today against the Red Sox AAA affliate (Pawtucket), Rochester lost 4-3.

PJ Walters started and gave up just two hits in three scoreless innings. The Red Wings got their runs thanks to Tsuyoshi Nishoka. The infielder hit a two run doubles, stole 3B and then scored on a wild pitch to give the Red Wings a 3-0 lead. But Deolis Guerra gave up a 3-run homer in the 8th inning that tied the game, and Sam Deduno took the loss by allowing a solor home run in the 9th.

puck34
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't think he ever sees Major League Baseball again. I would assume he'll end up back in Japan by the end of the year if not sooner.

Cody Christie
03-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Maybe the demotion lit a fire under him but he is going to have to show a lot more for the Twins to give him another chance.

Thrylos
03-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Sam Deduno took the loss by allowing a solor home run in the 9th.

Louis Perdomo maybe (the guy who looks like Span?)

I saw Deduno on TV pitch against the Tigers in Lakeland this afternoon :) I swear :)

Andrew Bryz-Gornia
03-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Louis Perdomo maybe (the guy who looks like Span?)

I saw Deduno on TV pitch against the Tigers in Lakeland this afternoon :) I swear :)

Ditto. Deduno was in Lakeland today.

diehardtwinsfan
03-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Good for Nishi... I think his biggest problem right now is confidence (as I have a hard time believing that the Twins missed thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat much on him)... If he gets that back, don't be surprised if he returns to MLB...

TwinVike61
03-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Maybe the Twins bring him back to the majors in June and audition him as trade bait...I think they'd still have to eat a majority of his contract though.