PDA

View Full Version : Article: Making a Name for Himself

Seth Stohs
01-28-2013, 01:49 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?r=1337-Making-a-Name-for-Himself

mnfanforlife
01-28-2013, 08:23 AM
"May"-king a Name for Himself. "May" be Zach Jones (4th rounder) will become the Twins #1 prospect in a few years? Nice article Seth.

twinsfaninsaudi
01-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Uh oh. DJing on the side? That has warning sign written all over it. At least he was a valedictorian. Now I read the other day that Meyer is a substitute teacher in the offseason. That I like.

Oldgoat_MN
01-28-2013, 11:12 AM
It will be fun to see May work through the system Hope to see him in MLB by 2015 or maybe late 2014. Thanks Seth.

jimbo92107
01-28-2013, 12:41 PM
If you haven't seen Trevor May up close, think Joe Mauer's cousin, with a little heavier build. He is a large, strong human, and appeared very bright and friendly when he signed my little league baseball. When I asked him what his best pitch was, he paused for a second, then said, "My sinker, but I've got a good curve, too."

Nice guy, but his signature looks like two unreadable loopy squiggles. In fact, of the 8 minor leaguers that signed my ball, only 3 had readable signatures, Tonkin, Theilbar and BJ Hermsen, who had the coolest looking signature. Yo rooks, learn to sign stuff so the fans can read it!

clutterheart
01-28-2013, 08:52 PM
2 things:
1 - I love Gardy. Thats a great quote by him
2 - When will first Mauer / May rap album come out?

70charger
01-28-2013, 11:53 PM
If you haven't seen Trevor May up close, think Joe Mauer's cousin, with a little heavier build. He is a large, strong human, and appeared very bright and friendly when he signed my little league baseball. When I asked him what his best pitch was, he paused for a second, then said, "My sinker, but I've got a good curve, too."

Nice guy, but his signature looks like two unreadable loopy squiggles. In fact, of the 8 minor leaguers that signed my ball, only 3 had readable signatures, Tonkin, Theilbar and BJ Hermsen, who had the coolest looking signature. Yo rooks, learn to sign stuff so the fans can read it!

They need to go to the Harmon Killebrew school of autographs. That man knew how to sign a ball.

jimbo92107
01-29-2013, 11:40 AM
They need to go to the Harmon Killebrew school of autographs. That man knew how to sign a ball.

Exactly. I think we read the same article. Killebrew understood that sports figures have an opportunity to show everybody how to live. People can point to Killebrew's statue and tell their kids, "That guy did everything the right way, right down to signing his autograph so you could actually read it."

FrodaddyG
01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Exactly. I think we read the same article. Killebrew understood that sports figures have an opportunity to show everybody how to live. People can point to Killebrew's statue and tell their kids, "That guy did everything the right way, right down to signing his autograph so you could actually read it."
And a parent who puts any kind of severe lifestyle importance into the legibility of one's signature should have their children taken away from them.

Twins Twerp
01-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Uh-oh, this kid seems nice, but he has a pizza-face and do you guys know what that is a side-effect of...STEROIDS. Great we got Roger Clemens minus the talent coming in here juicin' up the place.

John Bonnes
01-29-2013, 04:57 PM
This is a great story Seth. The way he finished last year is really encouraging. I"m worried we're overestimating Meyer, but I think we might be underestimating May.

Seth Stohs
01-29-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't know. It really all depends on his control. If May can throw more strikes, he could be a strong #2 starter, but if not, he could still be a very good bullpen arm.

johnnydakota
01-29-2013, 11:58 PM
And a parent who puts any kind of severe lifestyle importance into the legibility of one's signature should have their children taken away from them.

So doing things the RIGHT way is not a life lesson you would want to teach your children?

FrodaddyG
01-30-2013, 01:19 AM
So doing things the RIGHT way is not a life lesson you would want to teach your children?
Please define the "right" way to sign your name? I'm not sure I've ever seen someone who was told their signature is "wrong".