PDA

View Full Version : Twinsdailys Crowd Sourced #1 prospect vote:

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Pick the three players you want to see goto the #1 runoff:

Also feel free to post your choices/reasons why here, along with who you would like added moving forward.

Brock: Can you make it so we can cap the number of "max choices" for the poll at 3? For now, please only vote for up to 3 to move on.

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
I personally went with Sano, Buxton and Hicks. Sano and Buxton should almost be no brainers in the "runoff' but I like Hicks a bit more then Arcia/Rosario and the new pitchers.

gunnarthor
01-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Cool, so we're having a Twins daily prospect list, too? I'm not sure you need to narrow candidates down so much. #1 is going to Sano.

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Cool, so we're having a Twins daily prospect list, too? I'm not sure you need to narrow candidates down so much. #1 is going to Sano.

Most likely so, but it's a good chance to get everyone used to how it works. Actually what I might do is after we get these three, we keep the 2 left over in the next "run off" and vote in 1 more into the #2 run off.

Also there prob are some people who would think that Buxton is the #1 prospect, and its certainly worth debating.

kab21
01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
I was hoping someone would take the initiative. Great job Dave.

In future polls you should include a write in slot which the voter would obviously have to post in the thread.

righty8383
01-10-2013, 10:21 AM
I like the idea of an *official* Twins Daily prospects ranking that we can all decide on. I submitted my vote.

And anyone who disagrees with the list should be banned for life:fenforcer:

Twins Twerp
01-10-2013, 11:11 AM
So are we going to vote through ten? Is their anyway we could go through and create a ranking like system of a top 10 or even 20, 30. Rank your top 20. Number 1 gets 20 points and number 20 gets 1 point. Could this be done in a poll way or would we have to start a thread and create our own system?

righty8383
01-10-2013, 12:29 PM
So are we going to vote through ten? Is their anyway we could go through and create a ranking like system of a top 10 or even 20, 30. Rank your top 20. Number 1 gets 20 points and number 20 gets 1 point. Could this be done in a poll way or would we have to start a thread and create our own system?

I was thinking about doing something like that down the road. Take lists from here and other sites that rank Twins' prospects, then pretty much use the points system you provided. Problem is, some list provide just 10 players while others get to as much as 60(Shane).

My question is, are we gonna have a new thread every time there is a new vote? Or will Dave be editing the original post on this thread and just have us vote again? (not sure if that could be done with polls)

Seth Stohs
01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
It's a Sano/Buxton Question for #1... I don't know if it needs to be a 2-day process for each spot. That will take awhile. And Dave, thanks for running this.

twinkiesfan11
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
#1 is either Sano or Buxton (Sano for me) in tier 1. Tier 2 for me is Arcia, Gibson, Hicks and Meyer in some order.

mnfanforlife
01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Its Buxton, Meyer, Rosario people. In that order. Just watch 2013 unfold and then refer to this if you have questions.

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm going to change it to one per day. Will update within the hour.

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Also the plan is to do top 40, anything deeper gets real redundant IMO

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
It's a Sano/Buxton Question for #1... I don't know if it needs to be a 2-day process for each spot. That will take awhile. And Dave, thanks for running this.

I set it up where it is one per day now. 40 days for 40 players seems about right. #1 and #2 should be pretty easy, but once we get into the #3-#15 range a lot of good points could be brought up.

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM

The plan is to vote through top 40. I think it is much better to do it this way, it allows people to discuss and share their opinions throughout the month (and can maybe sway some opinions as well)

SpiritofVodkaDave
01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Hicks, Sano and Buxton move onto the run off. No surprise with Sano and Buxton, but a little surprised more people didn't choose Arcia.

ericchri
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
I'd wager Hicks bumped in peoples' minds due to the CF opening the Twins have now. It does seem like people had previously been fairly split between those two.

mnfanforlife
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I'd wager Hicks bumped in peoples' minds due to the CF opening the Twins have now. It does seem like people had previously been fairly split between those two.

I think Arcia is going to be a better hitter. Both could be great. Hicks is not going to start in Minnesota this spring, but he should be an experienced player/valuable-trade-chip when Buxton is ready.

But I think that Rosario is going to break out this next season and leap-frog Sano, Arcia, and Hicks in prospect status. If Rosario had a full season last year, he may have hit 40 doubles and 20 homers. Not to take away from what Sano did last year, but I like Rosario's overall game better.

And then we got Meyer, who I think could leap over Sano and be a better prospect after he tears up AA next summer. Which would leave Buxton at 1, Meyer at 2, and Rosario at 3.

Twins Twerp
01-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I cannot wait until we get into the 15 range. This is going to be exciting. Some people might have a Joe Benson rated in top 10 while others who value relievers may have a JT Chargios in the top 15. Talking about prospects really keeps our minds off the big boy club, which is going to be the best it has been in 3 years, yet still lose 90 games. Go Red Wings and Miracle!!

Badsmerf
01-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I think Arcia is going to be a better hitter. Both could be great. Hicks is not going to start in Minnesota this spring, but he should be an experienced player/valuable-trade-chip when Buxton is ready.

But I think that Rosario is going to break out this next season and leap-frog Sano, Arcia, and Hicks in prospect status. If Rosario had a full season last year, he may have hit 40 doubles and 20 homers. Not to take away from what Sano did last year, but I like Rosario's overall game better.

And then we got Meyer, who I think could leap over Sano and be a better prospect after he tears up AA next summer. Which would leave Buxton at 1, Meyer at 2, and Rosario at 3.

Rosario might not stick at 2b... so his status is depending on his ability to stick in the INF. If he has to move back to CF his prospect ranking takes a hit. He'll still be fine with the bat, but it would play much better at 2b.

I didn't catch this poll or I would have voted Arcia for sure.

kab21
01-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Rosario is just behind the Hicks/Arcia/Meyer tier and in a tier by himself (or possibly with Gibson). If I thought for sure that he was sticking at 2B then he might move ahead of that trio.

mnfanforlife
01-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Why does anyone think Rosario cannot stick at 2B? Here's my Top 10 (http://twinsdaily.com/blogs/mnfanforlife/2382-cold-predictions.html) Twins prospects

kab21
01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Most statements regarding Rosario are 'if he can stick' and not 'he cannot stick' at 2B. You basically say the same in your top 10. I give him a 50/50 chance of staying there.

Badsmerf
01-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Why does anyone think Rosario cannot stick at 2B? Here's my Top 10 (http://twinsdaily.com/blogs/mnfanforlife/2382-cold-predictions.html) Twins prospects
Most of the scouting reports on Rosario are not very good defensively. I don't think any of them flat out say he cannot stay there, rather that its doubtful he does. Missing time probably didn't help him this season. I think the Twins will do everything they can to keep him and Sano at their respective positions, but it might be all for naught.