PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Sano writeup on Fangraphs

snepp
12-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Reports From Instructs: Miguel Sano (http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/reports-from-instructs-miguel-sano/)
(http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/reports-from-instructs-miguel-sano/)by Kiley McDaniel - December 31, 2012

Same author as the Buxton article. This one also includes a couple of paragraphs on Zachary Jones.

PseudoSABR
01-01-2013, 01:40 AM
This writer is top-notch. I actually feel educated after reading. Good get for fangraphs.

snepp
01-01-2013, 06:52 AM
This writer is top-notch. I actually feel educated after reading. Good get for fangraphs.

I agree, I was very impressed by the quality of these articles.

Reginald Maudling's Shin
01-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Very detailed in his analysis. For anyone who wonders why prospects need to spend ~3-4 years in the minors, this is the type of article they need to read in order to get educated about the process.

Shane Wahl
01-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Very detailed in his analysis. For anyone who wonders why prospects need to spend ~3-4 years in the minors, this is the type of article they need to read in order to get educated about the process.

Exactly. I would love to time machine this author back to the Mets system and Carlos Gomez to read what he would have said about his development and being rushed (Gomez is just NOW finally developing into a good enough offensive performer).

Nick Nelson
01-01-2013, 01:40 PM

Not very often you come across a guy with legit scouting skills who can actually write. This and the Buxton piece were excellent reads.

FrodaddyG
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Not very often you come across a guy with legit scouting skills who can actually write. This and the Buxton piece were excellent reads.
May not sound like a serious question, but I assure you it is. This person named "Kiley" is a guy?

ashburyjohn
01-01-2013, 05:33 PM
From the article: "I’ll be interested to watch Sano in the High-A this season to see if his swing and miss troubles are mental (poor choices about approach and pitch selection) or physical (pitch recognition issues, swing breaks down)"

How does a scout differentiate?