PDA

View Full Version : Which team will sign him???

notoriousgod71
12-30-2012, 01:12 AM
Ugueth Urbina will return to baseball after spending nearly six years in Venezuelan prison | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/ugueth-urbina-return-baseball-spending-nearly-six-years-090149949--mlb.html)

The likelihood is this guy will never make it back to the big leagues, but if he did I think his intimidation factor went up a notch.

old nurse
12-30-2012, 01:50 AM
I might be wrong but I think a convicted felon might have a problem getting a work permit.

minn55441
12-30-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure there are many teams willing to take a risk on a 38 year old relief pitcher. Sorry to say, but if he could hit 40 home runs or win 20 games as a starter, I'm sure someone could find a way to give a convicted felon another chance.

Riverbrian
12-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Ricky Vaughn Part Deux

Thrylos
12-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I might be wrong but I think a convicted felon might have a problem getting a work permit.

Or a Visa for that matter ;)

Shane Wahl
12-30-2012, 09:09 AM
It's a very bizarre story. I am not thoroughly assured that the justice system in that country is up to snuff on any level, so who knows how guilty he was in the first place.

FrodaddyG
12-30-2012, 11:26 AM
It's a very bizarre story. I am not thoroughly assured that the justice system in that country is up to snuff on any level, so who knows how guilty he was in the first place.
Ah, the old "he attacked his workers with a machete and poured gas on them" railroad trial tactic. Classic Venezuela.

minn55441
12-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Ah, the old "he attacked his workers with a machete and poured gas on them" railroad trial tactic. Classic Venezuela.

Just because you have a machete in your hand in you are waving it around, doesn't necessarily mean that you are attacking anyone. Perhaps the gas was spilled on the workers.

From past experience the one with the most money usually wins court cases. Since he lost and had more money, I would conclude that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt.