PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Help?

darin617
12-26-2012, 05:48 PM
I see a few decent RP's still out there, any chance on the Twins showing any interest in the following RP. Before I throw names out I would like to see them signed possibly to minor league deals.

Kyle Farnsworth
Jason Frasor
Matt Lindstrom
Brandon Lyon
Mike Gonzalez
J.P. Howell

In other words, a bunch of former closers as insurance if Perkins falters as closer.

Rosterman
12-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't think those guys would do minor league deals, but 40-man spots are slowly disappearing. Matt Capps still out there. Kyle Waldrop is without a job (and would take a minor league contract).

Rosterman
12-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh, and the Twins are thinking Burton if Perkins falters, a;though they should also be thinking Slama...who would need a 40-man spot.

Brandon
12-26-2012, 09:45 PM
the return of Hawkins.

I think we could sign one of the relievers, but i also wonder about Johnson at 2B or could he play CF?, or Alex Gonzales or Theriot at SS

beckmt
12-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I like J.P. Howell or Mike Gonzalez, They would give a second lefty or third lefty in the pen.

Haddyz
12-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm low on just about that whole list. Farnsworth has the straightest fastball in all of baseball.

Brandon Lyon has probably looked the best as late as last year. But that'd have to be for a major league contract.

old nurse
12-27-2012, 01:51 AM
There is a reason many of these are former closers. Brandon Lyon had his best year last year, but was he worth what he was paid?