PDA

View Full Version : Twins Interested in Freddy Garcia

mikeee
12-19-2012, 12:30 PM
MLB traderumours mentioned the Twins and Rockies are interested in Freddie Garcia...

Twins, Rockies, Reds Interested In Freddy Garcia: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/twins-rockies-reds-interested-in-freddy-garcia.html)

Hope the Twins are outbid... :D
1-8 with the Yankees.. Not good at all!

MWLFan
12-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Awesomeeee! I can't imagine he would want to come and pitch here. Teamed with Santana and the Franchise is there a better starting staff in the American League.... Hold on was just informed it was not 2006 anymore. My bad. Continue doing what you were doing this offseason. Nothing to see here.

chagen
12-19-2012, 01:26 PM
What value does Freddy Garcia bring? Take away innings from somebody with upside Hendricks? Would be worse move than Corriea

twinsfaninsaudi
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM
What value does Freddy Garcia bring? Take away innings from somebody with upside Hendricks? Would be worse move than Corriea

He gives us numbers.

chagen
12-19-2012, 01:45 PM
He stunts the growth of people like Hendricks if your rebuilding you don't sign Garza

jokin
12-19-2012, 01:51 PM
He stunts the growth of people like Hendricks if your rebuilding you don't sign Garza

Who exactly is this growth-stunting guy, Freddie Garza?

Boom Boom
12-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah! Can't have enough back-end starters on major league contracts.

LaBombo
12-19-2012, 02:06 PM
In other breaking news, "Dog sniffs fire hydrant, tree".

He'll be 37 in June and exceeded his career ERA by over a run in 2012, so he's got some strong Twins cred working for him. Working against him becoming a Twin are a 2012 K rate increase and the fact that overall he pitched well except for a spike in home run rate. The Twins would need to overlook those strengths if they were to consider signing him.

jokin
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
In other breaking news, "Dog sniffs fire hydrant, tree".

He'll be 37 in June and exceeded his career ERA by over a run in 2012, so he's got some strong Twins cred working for him. Working against him becoming a Twin are a 2012 K rate increase and the fact that overall he pitched well except for a spike in home run rate. The Twins would need to overlook those strengths if they were to consider signing him.

Livan and Sidney raised more hopeful expectations when they were contemplated.

nicksaviking
12-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Chill guys, he'd only be the second starter the Twins signed who was banished to the bullpen last year. Besides, it's about quantity not quality this year least ye forget.

LaBombo
12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Livan and Sidney raised more hopeful expectations when they were contemplated.

How bad has it sucked to be a Royals fan? Just three years ago(!), they signed Ponson...after five consecutive seasons with an ERA between 5 and 7. Ouch.

And I agree. It seems like the mainstream coverage of the signings has been more realistic than hype during the Livan/Ponson/Ramon O. years. Expectations higher because of the stadium, or just better BS detectors being applied to the Twins PR?

Boom Boom
12-19-2012, 03:29 PM
How bad has it sucked to be a Royals fan? Just three years ago(!), they signed Ponson...after five consecutive seasons with an ERA between 5 and 7. Ouch.

And I agree. It seems like the mainstream coverage of the signings has been more realistic than hype during the Livan/Ponson/Ramon O. years. Expectations higher because of the stadium, or just better BS detectors being applied to the Twins PR?

For one thing, when Hernandez, Ponson, and Ortiz were brought in the team was better in general.

I haven't noticed more realistic coverage, though. I think when those guys were brought in it was met with a collective yawn.

edavis0308
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Each off-season day gets more and more depressing in Twins land.

johnnydakota
12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Freddy G, and his 1-8 record along with an E.R.A of 5.20
wasnt that the starters E.R.A last year? Are we not trying to improve?

jokin
12-19-2012, 03:43 PM

For one thing, when Hernandez, Ponson, and Ortiz were brought in the team was better in general.

I haven't noticed more realistic coverage, though. I think when those guys were brought in it was met with a collective yawn.

I believe that very irony was the intent I hoped to convey.

It's hard to stay out in front of the parody of a baseball team that this franchise has become.

raindog
12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
OF COURSE, they are. The guy just knows how to pitch.

diehardtwinsfan
12-19-2012, 06:06 PM
he alwasy shuts the Twins down... they are signing him to keep him away from the other AL Central teams.

jcphitman
12-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Twins, Rockies, Reds Interested In Freddy Garcia: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/twins-rockies-reds-interested-in-freddy-garcia.html)

He's old. He did have a decent 2011, but the last time he went over 200 innings is 2006. I'd pass unless it was a minor league contract or a 1 one year at say 1-2 million (2.5 million tops). I'm sure we'll see Pelfrey money for him.

Figured I may as well post the news (didn't see a subject about him) so the complaining can start and at least it won't climax when we sign him for a crazy deal, lol.

ThePuck
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
of course Ryan has interest in him...he stinks...he'll fit right in with the rest of the bargain basement 'talent' he's acquired for the rotation this offseason.

edavis0308
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Man, if only there wasn't a thread started about this something like four hours ago..

SpiritofVodkaDave
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm glad we finally have a thread on this message board to discuss this topic!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!

johnnydakota
12-19-2012, 11:27 PM
If Ryan signs Freddy G to a contract ownership should consider getting the courts to commite Terry to the mental hospital

FrodaddyG
12-19-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm going to start sending bags of feces to the Twins FO and see how much they'll pay me for them.

Top Gun
12-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Garcia sucks so bad, that if Ryan signs him there is no hope for Twins fans what so ever.

70charger
12-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Garcia sucks so bad, that if Ryan signs him there is no hope for Twins fans what so ever.

glunn
12-20-2012, 12:58 AM
I'm going to start sending bags of feces to the Twins FO and see how much they'll pay me for them.

That is funny. Over the top but funny.