PDA

View Full Version : BA ranks the Twins new guys

gunnarthor
12-11-2012, 09:53 AM
BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Ask BA (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/ask-ba/2012/2614453.html)

BA puts Meyer at #4 after Arcia and above Gibson and May at #9, between Rosario and Kepler. Also says Twins went from a 10-15 system to a top 10 system.

Here's the original top 10 before Meyer and May were added. Solid depth.
BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Rankings: Organization Top 10 Prospects: 2013 Minnesota Twins Top 10 Prospects (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2013/2614343.html)

Seth Stohs
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm good with their spotting of Meyer. That's where I had him. With May, I think he could be anywhere from 6-9, so this is fine.

Without digging into other team's minor leagues, I'm comfortable with them being in the top 10. More important, I just like the top 10 (regardless of how others rank them) and along with those 2012 hard throwers, I think there is reason for optimism, for sure!

BCTwins
12-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Yes...and not to get too ahead of ourselves, we're looking at a top five pick in each of probably the next two MLB drafts. So even if we lose a couple out of that list of ten, a couple of good drafts and some luck means we might easily replace them in the system (even improve on them).

gunnarthor
12-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes...and not to get too ahead of ourselves, we're looking at a top five pick in each of probably the next two MLB drafts. So even if we lose a couple out of that list of ten, a couple of good drafts and some luck means we might easily replace them in the system (even improve on them).

Yeah, next years pick will likely be a quick to the majors college pitcher with solid #1/2 upside, maybe similar to Gausman or Zimmer. A future rotation with Meyer, Gibson, May, Zimmer-clone, Hendriks, Worley and Berrios all competing for spots is fun to think about.

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS
12-11-2012, 10:56 AM

Exactly with the signing yesterday Twins are definitely going after TOP 5 picks in the draft.

mike wants wins
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Two more top five picks that are ready in 6 years will give them a deep system.