PDA

View Full Version : Trade Target Asdrubal Cabrera

Brandon
12-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Cleveland is looking to trade their SS and OF and anyone else they can to stockpile prospects. What about a trade of one of our prospects preferably OF to Cleveland for Cabrera? I know cabrera costs money but is an above average former All Star SS. What would it take to get this done and would the Twins dare?

kab21
12-02-2012, 11:35 PM
It's pretty simple. You trade for Asdrubal if you are also signing Greinke and a 2nd very good pitcher. He's only under contract for 2 more seasons and you have to assume that the Indians would be asking for really good prospects. Possibly 2 of the Twins top 10.

luke829
12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
It's pretty simple. You trade for Asdrubal if you are also signing Greinke and a 2nd very good pitcher. He's only under contract for 2 more seasons and you have to assume that the Indians would be asking for really good prospects. Possibly 2 of the Twins top 10.

I'm guessing you're of the opinion "no thank you"

SpiritofVodkaDave
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, the cost isn't worth it in this case, if he was the "missing piece" sure, but the Twins don't need to be trading any of there 2014+ assets for short time help now.

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, the cost isn't worth it in this case, if he was the "missing piece" sure, but the Twins don't need to be trading any of there 2014+ assets for short time help now.

Exactly right. He isnt the missing link. As much as I would like Cabrera to be a fixture a SS, its not worth mortgaging the future.

John Bonnes
12-03-2012, 08:58 PM
I'd love to have him but it sounds like Cle is only letting go of him for pitching.

kab21
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm guessing you're of the opinion "no thank you"

I really don't see the point of trading 1-2 top prospects for a top SS when your rotation will make it impossible to win more than 75 games. 2-3 yrs ago I would be pushing this trade as much (or more) as anyone.