PDA

View Full Version : DiamondCentric

Brock Beauchamp
11-27-2012, 09:40 AM
In case you didn't know, DiamondCentric is a project Parker Hageman has been working on for awhile and I jumped on board about a month ago. Originally just a baseball-focused apparel company, we've been trying to expand into other Minnesota sports.

I wanted to get some feedback from the TD folks. What do you think of the designs? Is there anything in particular you'd like to see from DiamondCentric? We have a few baseball, football, and basketball offerings at this point... We have some good ideas for hockey as well, but thanks to the NHL lockout, those are mostly on hold for the time being (sigh, NHL owners). In January, we'll be starting up production on a couple more Twins shirts, as well (we're hoping to attend TwinsFest).

Just curious what some of you think of the stuff we're producing.

Here's the site:
http://diamondcentric.com/

Like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/DiamondCentric

SpiritofVodkaDave
11-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Need a butera one.

Brock Beauchamp
11-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Need a butera one.

DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".

Shane Wahl
11-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Need a butera one.

Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.

ChiTownTwinsFan
11-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.

Brock Beauchamp
11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.

That design pre-dates my interest in the company but it's one of my favorites.

One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.

Brock Beauchamp
11-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.

About half are available for purchase now with the other half on their way well before Christmas. We'll be shipping everything shown on the site in time for the holidays if you're looking to buy gifts.

Be sure to use the "TwinsDaily" code, everybody. It saves you five bucks on any order over $30.

ChiTownTwinsFan
11-27-2012, 10:28 AM
This is great ... thanks ... never know what to get my nephews ... girls are so much easier to shop for! (Although there are some there I'd get for my nieces, too!)

twinsnorth49
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1381.gif). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

Good work!

glanzer
11-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?

Brock Beauchamp
11-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?

Hah, no, it's a one-sided shirt. That's a pretty good idea, though.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
We could bring back more European "fans" to the website with "Hala Twins" or "Hala T-Wolves" shirts. :)

Brock Beauchamp
11-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1381.gif). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

Good work!

We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.

kab21
11-27-2012, 11:08 AM
I saw this a week ago and I have about 5-6 to order for Christmas and myself.

My favorites are the 'original lake state' and 'game 6 (the red)'. My mom is definitely getting the killer shirt. I also really like the All Day design but I've mostly lost interest in the Vikings.

Frankkkkkkkie is also a really well done shirt. I might order one for $5 but I have a beef with him.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
11-27-2012, 11:09 AM

Good work!

We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.

Anything Nikola Pekovic I'd probably buy.

Twins Twerp
11-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I would like Darko and Punto throwback shirts please. Those would really sell.

Fatt Crapps
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
I like the Lakeshow design but wish it didn't have that faded vintage look.

SpiritofVodkaDave
11-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.

Brock Beauchamp
11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.

That would be hilarious.

biggentleben
11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Hmmm...Gopher stuff? Just saying....

Also, us "hefty" men will have difficulty with only XXL offered.

Parker Hageman
11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Hmmm...Gopher stuff? Just saying....

Also, us "hefty" men will have difficulty with only XXL offered.

BGBen. We are fairly limited in terms of the sizing but we can get 3XL if you are interested but we would run that during our pre-sale period (two weeks before we place our shirt order). If we do a Gopher one, we'll be sure to let you know when the pre-sale period is so you can decide if you want to invest in a 3XL.

biggentleben
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM
If the size keeps coming off, a 3x is possible, but it will be a bit. My issue is more the length of a shirt usually, though.

biggentleben
11-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Oh, and if you'd like any ideas for Gopher stuff, just fire me an email.

TwinsGuy55422
11-29-2012, 09:38 PM
To piggyback on the AJ Barker idea, you could do something about the infamous "mom's best friend" quote. That was priceless.

twinsnorth49
11-30-2012, 12:24 AM
To piggyback on the AJ Barker idea, you could do something about the infamous "mom's best friend" quote. That was priceless.

That is a classic, as are, "I'm a dime a dozen" and "There's nothing special about me?"

Gold!!

When's the next run for "Walks Haunt"? Need and XL, all sold out.

Nick Nelson
11-30-2012, 12:50 AM
One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.
Make a shirt with the silhouette of Nate Poole hauling in a catch on his tip-toes while being pushed out of the endzone, with the letters "NO!!!!" plastered across the front. I'll buy 50.

glunn
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
I am still hoping for a Twins Daily shirt that we can wear to games. It would be cool to go to a game (in Anaheim for me) and see comrades wearing the same shirt. And if hundred of fans wore the shirts at Target Field, the Twins front office might start visiting TD more to see what we are thinking, or at least to read Parker's posts about what players are doing right or wrong.

I would also not mind paying more for the shirt if you got a trademark license from the Twins/MLB. It would be nice to have something that includes the Twins logo. I wonder what such a license might cost.

Brock Beauchamp
11-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Make a shirt with the silhouette of Nate Poole hauling in a catch on his tip-toes while being pushed out of the endzone, with the letters "NO!!!!" plastered across the front. I'll buy 50.

I'm a Packers fan and that's back when I actually cared about football. I laughed for hours watching that play over and over again.

kab21
11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
I am still hoping for a Twins Daily shirt that we can wear to games. It would be cool to go to a game (in Anaheim for me) and see comrades wearing the same shirt. And if hundred of fans wore the shirts at Target Field, the Twins front office might start visiting TD more to see what we are thinking, or at least to read Parker's posts about what players are doing right or wrong.

I still have my BYTO ringer but it's in a closet at home. I did wear it to a couple of Twins games several years ago.

SpiritofVodkaDave
11-30-2012, 09:17 AM
I would also not mind paying more for the shirt if you got a trademark license from the Twins/MLB. It would be nice to have something that includes the Twins logo. I wonder what such a license might cost.

A **** ton of money. Trust me on this, I have looked into it.

SpiritofVodkaDave
11-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...

Brock Beauchamp
11-30-2012, 09:22 AM

A **** ton of money. Trust me on this, I have looked into it.

Yep, I've also looked into it. Not even in the realm of possibility.

Brock Beauchamp
11-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

We've tossed around some Gophers stuff but nothing has really clicked yet. Personally, I'm more interested in pro sports and if the NHL ever drops a puck on the ice again, I'd like to get a lot more Wild stuff out there.

SpiritofVodkaDave
11-30-2012, 09:27 AM

We've tossed around some Gophers stuff but nothing has really clicked yet. Personally, I'm more interested in pro sports and if the NHL ever drops a puck on the ice again, I'd like to get a lot more Wild stuff out there.

In the meantime , how about a picture of Bettman's face with some crosshairs on it? I'd buy that **** up

biggentleben
11-30-2012, 10:13 AM

Hockey is huge, but many years the basketball merchandise is nip and tuck for the biggest sellers at Gold Country. Football isn't tremendously popular, but then again, going more retro and bringing out some of the history of the program would make for cool shirts. Something like "My favorite college football team is the last team to win 3 consecutive national championships, and my grandpa was 12 when it happened!"

Brock Beauchamp
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
In the meantime , how about a picture of Bettman's face with some crosshairs on it? I'd buy that **** up

I think we'd be able to sell that shirt to every single person in Canada.

Brock Beauchamp
11-30-2012, 10:40 AM

Hockey is huge, but many years the basketball merchandise is nip and tuck for the biggest sellers at Gold Country. Football isn't tremendously popular, but then again, going more retro and bringing out some of the history of the program would make for cool shirts. Something like "My favorite college football team is the last team to win 3 consecutive national championships, and my grandpa was 12 when it happened!"

I don't know enough about college sports and the Gophers to even think of ideas for those shirts.

To be honest, I kinda hate college sports. I like March Madness and I'd probably get into college hockey if the opportunity arose but I will never be a diehard fan of either.

Twins Twerp
11-30-2012, 11:04 AM

I don't know enough about college sports and the Gophers to even think of ideas for those shirts.

To be honest, I kinda hate college sports. I like March Madness and I'd probably get into college hockey if the opportunity arose but I will never be a diehard fan of either.

Who cares what you think about college sports...if you run an ice cream business and don't like chocolate, you still carry it.

College sports sell merchandise, especially a university with 53,000 students located in the middle of a city with a population of 3,317,308

Brock Beauchamp
11-30-2012, 03:19 PM

Who cares what you think about college sports...if you run an ice cream business and don't like chocolate, you still carry it.

College sports sell merchandise, especially a university with 53,000 students located in the middle of a city with a population of 3,317,308

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. You did read the first sentence of my post, right? There were only three sentences in total so I can't see how you would have missed it.

biggentleben
11-30-2012, 08:31 PM
In all seriousness, Brock and Parker, I'm a bit of a history buff on the Gopher athletics (part of being a tour guide for the school and then a recruiter for the football team along with working for the women's athletics marketing department). If you ever want to go down that road, my email's attached to my profile here, and I'd be more than willing to hammer out some possible ideas. For instance, did you know that the U of M was the school that "invented" cheerleading?

Brock Beauchamp
11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
In all seriousness, Brock and Parker, I'm a bit of a history buff on the Gopher athletics (part of being a tour guide for the school and then a recruiter for the football team along with working for the women's athletics marketing department). If you ever want to go down that road, my email's attached to my profile here, and I'd be more than willing to hammer out some possible ideas. For instance, did you know that the U of M was the school that "invented" cheerleading?

Huh. Interesting. I have the feeling I'll be taking you up on that offer, Ben. I have absolutely no issue with creating U of M stuff, I just don't know (or care) enough about college sports (and the U of M) to even start coming up with ideas for apparel. I went to school in California and the only sport I followed at all was baseball (a natural given my interest in baseball and the fact that I went to Cal State Long Beach).

twinsnorth49
11-30-2012, 10:57 PM

I think we'd be able to sell that shirt to every single person in Canada.

Damn straight, sign me up.

twinsnorth49
11-30-2012, 11:18 PM

Seriously, you used to recruit for the football team? Under which coach(s)? I'm a big Gopher buff, particularly football and basketball.

Do you belong to the Gopherhole by any chance?

biggentleben
12-01-2012, 08:02 AM

Seriously, you used to recruit for the football team? Under which coach(s)? I'm a big Gopher buff, particularly football and basketball.

Do you belong to the Gopherhole by any chance?

I did campus tours for recruits under Coach Mason after I couldn't play anymore. Basically, they'd come to a weekend to do their official campus visit, and I would do the campus tour portion of the day.

I do not belong to Gopherhole...just too many message boards (about 3 Braves ones, two minor league baseball ones, Twins Daily, and roughly 60-75 fantasy leagues each year among baseball, football, basketball, and March Madness pools).

Brock Beauchamp
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Good god, man.

biggentleben
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Good god, man.

Yeah...and somehow keep up two jobs, help with the family farm, run the youth ministry at the church, and find time enough to make cable and Netflix worthwhile things in my life. I have a feeling that if things progress, I may have an objection from a future Mrs.

kab21
12-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I would be in for a Gophers shirt partly because I like colors (purple/yellow really doesn't work as an example) and despite not going there I've always felt connected to the real UofM (10 yrs in Michigan). Using Ben's theme something like 'We were good before' or 'We're good at sports you don't like/care about' might work.

My order for 6 shirts is in.

I didn't mention it earlier but I'm not a fan of either TWolves shirt. I'm not a big fan of individual player shirts as much as cool team designs especially if they aren't obvious (the lake show).

J-Dog Dungan
12-01-2012, 11:16 PM
You're pretty generous about not including Jason Marquis. I'm a little surprised. Another guy that could go on this is Clete Thomas.

darin617
12-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Need a butera one.

I thought you would have said Butera BA .200 Naturally.

kab21
02-27-2013, 10:22 AM
So what's everyone think of the extremely lightweight Lake Show T-shirt material? I like the appearance but I'm not sure if there is enough shirt there to last for awhile. The red '91 T-shirt material feels perfect.

Brock Beauchamp
02-27-2013, 11:16 AM
So what's everyone think of the extremely lightweight Lake Show T-shirt material? I like the appearance but I'm not sure if there is enough shirt there to last for awhile. The red '91 T-shirt material feels perfect.

The Lake Show shirt is much higher quality, actually. It's lightweight but it's of a very high-quality blend that won't shrink and should hold up well over time.

One of the reasons why DC's shirts are a little more expensive is because we don't print most shirts on low-quality fabric. The red 1991 shirt is of a mid-quality... Don't let the weight of the shirt influence how your perceive its quality. I own a few shirts made of similar fabric to the Lake Show and they have held up very well... Far better than my heavier, lower quality t-shirts.

twinsnorth49
02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Hey, once you guys are sold out on certain sizes, do you ever decide to do another run?

Brock Beauchamp
03-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Hey, once you guys are sold out on certain sizes, do you ever decide to do another run?

It depends on the shirt and popularity. We've done two runs of the Lake Show and 2-3 runs of the 1991 shirt. We'll probably be doing another run of 1991 shirts in the coming weeks... We're still talking it over.

twinsnorth49
05-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Don't ship to Canada? ......lame.

Brock Beauchamp
05-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Don't ship to Canada? ......lame.

We don't? Really? I'll ask Parker about it. Email me at [email protected] and we'll get you set up through an alternative method.

kab21
05-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Don't give in to those Maplenackers (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Maplenacker&defid=6944598).

twinsnorth49
05-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Don't give in to those Maplenackers (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Maplenacker&defid=6944598).

And I suppose you just put maple syrup on your pancakes? You Americans!