PDA

View Full Version : Article: Twin Cities' Georgia Peach

mnfanforlife
11-14-2012, 06:58 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?1176-Twin-Cities-Georgia-Peach

YourHouseIsMyHouse
11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
My favorite nickname in all of baseball. My reason for clicking as well. I just love the old time creativity. "Rajah" Hornsby is another one I really like.

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS
11-14-2012, 07:35 PM
My thought is i hope Buxton can turn out to be an All Star....lets hope

twinsfaninsaudi
11-15-2012, 02:23 AM
Looks a lot like BJ Upton in his batting practice swing. I'm excited about both him and Berrios. Along with Sano and Rosario they form a good core of players at the low levels and there are others also. It lends a lot of support to the notion that the Twins should be aiming to build a contender for two or three years out. No wonder that Seth Stohls is one such advocate of the Twins taking that approach right now, he knows their minors as good as anyone who writes about it.

Cody Christie
11-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the post. I'm excited to see what he can do. I hope his power continues to develop.

Seth Stohs
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
I saw some video of him taking BP this offseason. Wow!! What a strong, quickly, powerful swing.

mnfanforlife
11-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I saw some video of him taking BP this offseason. Wow!! What a strong, quickly, powerful swing.

Is there any way to share that video with the community here? Thanks!

mnfanforlife
11-15-2012, 10:52 AM
My thought is i hope Buxton can turn out to be an All Star....lets hope

Yes, and with two LHH's (Kepler and Rosario) moving up together with Buxton and Sano...the Twins could someday sport a middle-of-the-order something like this: 2. Buxton 3. Rosario 4. Sano 5. Kepler...maybe Hicks leads off and Arcia bats 5 instead of Kepler. This is all years down the road. Even Arcia and Hicks could take a year or two to arrive

mnfanforlife
11-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Very nice! Some of my favorites: Stretch, Salty, Double X, The Big Train, Biscuit Pants

Curt
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
My favorite nickname in all of baseball. My reason for clicking as well. I just love the old time creativity. "Rajah" Hornsby is another one I really like.
One of my favorites is "Old aches and pains" Luke Appling. Gotta love that.

Teddy
11-17-2012, 03:06 PM
MNFanForLife, check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7yJdO3eZT8

Even his pop-up at the end of the clip ended up in the seats.

mnfanforlife
11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
MNFanForLife, check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7yJdO3eZT8

Even his pop-up at the end of the clip ended up in the seats.

You betcha Teddy! I have seen this scouting video a bunch of times, and every time I see it I am awed at what he can do. His arm or his speed is probably the most impressive tool right now...But that flash of power potential definitely got him the #1 prospect status going into the draft. Just a miracle that the Twins had him available to draft really

mnfanforlife
01-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Does anyone think the Twins will draft a non-pitcher at #4 this June?

drjim
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Does anyone think the Twins will draft a non-pitcher at #4 this June?

Sure. If that is the best player available. Early lists have 3 of the top 4 prospects as pitchers so right now it looks like a pitcher but obviously a lot can change.

mnfanforlife
01-17-2013, 08:37 AM
The two high-school SS's look legit. Think we might get one of those guys ahead of their projected slot?

mnfanforlife
01-18-2013, 08:12 PM
With Buxton's talent, anything is possible! Anyone see Bux making it out of low-A next summer?