PDA

View Full Version : Matt Capps activated from DL

Seth Stohs
09-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Dustin Morse tweeted that the Twins have activated Matt Capps from the Disabled List.

I'm sure they'll throw him in some low-leverage situations.

Jim Crikket
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
So Seth, was it some sort of sports version of a Freudian Slip that caused you to post this on the "On the Farm" section? Or just wishful thinking? :)

zenser
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
For all the Matt Capps fans out there, take a good look. We won't be seeing Matt Capps in a Twins uniform next year.

Mr. Ed
09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
For all the Matt Capps fans out there, take a good look. We won't be seeing Matt Capps in a Twins uniform next year.

I would not be surprised to see Capps get a 1- year offer from the Twins AGAIN.

Keep pouring money down that drain until they prove he was a good acquisition.

J-Dog Dungan
09-24-2012, 03:30 PM
So I am assuming that any situation that the Twins put Capps into is a low-leverage situation because they aren't actually in the playoff hunt.

Winston Smith
09-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I expect both Capps and Pavano back next year.

In honor of Crikket:

"I don't want a pickle, Just want to ride on my motorsickle!"

Jim Crikket
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I expect both Capps and Pavano back next year.

In honor of Crikket:

"I don't want a pickle, Just want to ride on my motorsickle!"

Aw, thanks!

~and I don't wanna die, just wanna ride my motor cy... cle~

Brock Beauchamp
09-24-2012, 05:34 PM

I would not be surprised to see Capps get a 1- year offer from the Twins AGAIN.

Keep pouring money down that drain until they prove he was a good acquisition.

Psssshh. They don't even have to make an offer. All they have to do is pick up the $6.5m option on Cappsie.

LewFordLives
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Capps wants to get out and prove he still has something left in the tank before the Twins cut him loose and he hits the free-agent market. I wouldn't give him any innings if it's at the expense of one of the younger players. I don't see that the Twins feel they should owe him anything at this point (other than his considerable buyout).

Twins Twerp
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Lets see that cutter...over/under 1 strikeout for the rest of his career?

nicksaviking
09-24-2012, 07:03 PM
So there wasn't enough innings to go around for Slama or Guerra but Gardy can dig up a few for Capps?

mike wants wins
09-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Why limit him to low leverage situations? That makes no sense, either he's healthy, or he's not....

Thrylos
09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
So there wasn't enough innings to go around for Slama or Guerra but Gardy can dig up a few for Capps?

Of course. Capps is a proven MLB-closer

Westgaard66
09-24-2012, 07:26 PM
let him pitch and place him on waivers.....maybe we can get a bag of BP balls or something for him.

SpantheMan
09-24-2012, 11:34 PM
let him pitch and place him on waivers.....maybe we can get a bag of BP balls or something for him.
But then the other team would have to pay his buyout