PDA

View Full Version : I miss Carlos Gomez

ChuckkJay
03-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I'll probably get ridiculed for this but count me among those who miss Go Gomez and his pure power of entertainment, both good and bad. I know he had to go and I'm not saying they should have kept him. But I am pretty sure that most people on this site watch a lot of Twins games, and I bet most of you sat forward a little bit when he came to the plate. I did. He was fun to watch, at the plate, in the field, in front of the cameras. LOVED his interviews.

I know it was a while ago and I know he needed to go. I wish there was some personality as big as his on the team.

denarded
03-03-2012, 04:57 AM
I miss him because my White Sox buddy haaaated him. He would get so riled up that I had bought a Gomez t-shirt to egg him on. Oh sports...

raykinsella
03-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Chuckk,

I can't say that I sat forward a little bit when he came to the plate because I got tired of seeing him flail at outside sliders. However, on those occasions when he did reach first or hit a ball into the gap the man was absoulutely electric. He is an amazing combination of power and incredible speed---I just wish he wouldn't have been such an emotional hot-head. My wife loved him and still wears her 'Gomez' t-shirt around the house. I hope that he can reach his full potential at some time in his career---he would be amazing.

jtrinaldi
03-03-2012, 08:16 AM
he is the 5th outfielder here in milwaukee, the only thing he is good at now is pinch running, and playing defense in the 7th or later.