PDA

View Full Version : Article: Kepler, Bullpen Push E-Twins to Championship Game

Seth Stohs
09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?1000-Kepler-Bullpen-Push-E-Twins-to-Championship-Game

Jeremy Nygaard
09-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Berrios on the bump with a league title on the line... that couldn't have worked out much better.

darin617
09-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Berrios on the bump with a league title on the line... that couldn't have worked out much better.

I just hope the kid can handle the pressure of a big game like a title game. Possibly a sign of future greatness how he pitches. Either way, this kid is the one of the top pitchers in this weak organization.

Is 2015 the right time for a debut or could he make it sooner?

Jeremy Nygaard
09-03-2012, 02:01 PM
He's definitely advanced for his age, but at this point with pitchers I'm less about projecting "when" and more about "praying they don't get hurt".

jokin
09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
He's definitely advanced for his age, but at this point with pitchers I'm less about projecting "when" and more about "praying they don't get hurt".

I'd gladly take putting up with Steven Strasburg-type-debate: "Should-we-shut-him-down-or-not?"- in 2015 if this kid pans out anywhere close to Strasburg's numbers.

Jeremy Nygaard
09-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Fine, as long as the debate is happening only because he hasn't slowly worked his way up in innings pitched, and not because he is recovery from arm surgery.

kab21
09-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I think 2015 is the best case scenario. 2 years for a HS pitcher to go thru A/AA/AAA is really fast regardless of which org he's in and the Twins usually err on the side of caution (but not horribly so).

He is looking really, really good but I'm going to wait to get really excited until he spends a year in full season ball.