PDA

View Full Version : Article: Thursday's Minor League Round-up

Jeremy Nygaard
08-30-2012, 10:48 PM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?988-Thursday-s-Minor-League-Round-up

clutterheart
08-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Hermsen is an interesting case. Nice ERA, he seems to eat inning, and he keeps getting guys out but some of his peripherals are worrisome. At 22 he is young enough to improve.
He has pitched well enough to advance to Rochester but even he gets to Spring Training and dominates, I would still like him to go to AAA and see what he can do as a 23 year old.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-31-2012, 12:31 AM
I couldn't agree more.

rickyhawaii
08-31-2012, 01:10 AM
any Daniel Santana fans? i think he's having a good season, 7hrs in the FSL actually is decent pop. how's he supposed to be w/ the glove? I heard before that he's slick w/ a strong arm..think he's an organizational top 20 guy? Danny Rams can really hit lefties..

Seth Stohs
08-31-2012, 09:39 AM
I like santana... I have had him in the Top 20 the last year, and he'll definitely stay there now. Will be interesting to see if he's added to the 40 man. I think he needs to be. Very solid defensively. Great arm. Very good range. Takes big hacks. hates walking.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Santana is certainly a top 20 guy. Very toolsy player.

shs_59
08-31-2012, 12:03 PM
I think it is rather debatable if Daniel Santana is a top 20 guy or not.

Either way, great job Jeremy ! and great read.

Heres to the E-Town Twins!!!! go get Danville tonight! :)

Seth Stohs
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Interesting that the only player promoted from the GCL Twins to Ft. Myers Miracle at the conclusion of the GCL season was Aderlin Mejia. He was terrific and a member of the GCL All Star team, but I thought maybe they'd bring a catcher since Knudson is really it right now. I also thought maybe an arm or two.

It will be interesting to see how many players from ETown will move up to Beloit to play with them in the playoffs. I would assume Kepler will. Do you think they'd bring up Berrios for their rotation? How about Duffey and Chargois? Walker?

rickyhawaii
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
maybe Romy Jimenez or Pimentel could get a look? Duffey or Chargois definitely. I don't think Walker would fare too well in the MWL yet.