Chone Figgins CF
Munenori Kawasaki SS
(Jason Vargas P)

PseudoSABR
08-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Nice to see Parmelee in RF.

GCTF
08-29-2012, 07:32 PM
If anyone accidentally ingests something harmful in the next 3 hours, at least they'll have this game to induce vomitting.

snepp
08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice to see Parmelee.

Indeed.

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Actually hasn't been too bad yet today. Of course, I'm watching it out of the corner of my eye, just to cut down on exposure a little.

GCTF
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Actually hasn't been too bad yet today. Of course, I'm watching it out of the corner of my eye, just to cut down on exposure a little.

Good advice, probably best not to stare directly at it.

Top Gun
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Twins better win this one, can't take much more.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Another lively game thread.

Seems like only a couple years ago the Twins were the talk of the town.

Wait...it was only a couple years ago.

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 07:59 PM
That's why you have to move the runners, Ben.

JB_Iowa
08-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Nice of them to get Sam a lead.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
That's why you have to move the runners, Ben.

While I would agree he should be able to get the bunt down if asked, I would prefer he not be asked...in the THIRD INNING!

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Given their offense recently, I think they should scratch to get a run no matter what inning it is. It could be the game winner.

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Sam looks pretty sharp tonight. I may end up going to bed happy for a change.

Scheherezade
08-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Deduno AL Cy Young winner 2013?

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Good timing for Plouffe to find his mojo again.

Badsmerf
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Plouffe!!!! That had to feel good for him.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
That fan is probably exiting the stadium right now.

glunn
08-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Plouffe!!!

Riverbrian
08-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Are my eyes blurry. No walks? 4 Innings.

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 08:29 PM
OT - Congrats to Elizabethton for winning their playoff opener tonight on the road. Berrios one hit through six innings with 7 K's. Elizabethton wins 4-0.

Brock Beauchamp
08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Figures. I don't watch what is becoming the only watchable Twins game in a week. What the hell is going on here? Plouffe homers, Deduno K's six, walks none, and the Twins post five runs.

Riverbrian
08-29-2012, 08:39 PM
My wife has the TV... She's watching Americas got Talent. I got the game cast on my IPad... It's killing me...

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 08:44 PM
My wife has the TV... She's watching Americas got Talent. I got the game cast on my IPad... It's killing me...

Sounds like a normal marriage.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 08:48 PM
A Capps sighting!

SpiritofVodkaDave
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
DeDuno kicking some serious ass.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Good AB by Plouffsie, although he didn't get the payoff.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 08:55 PM
DeDuno kicking some serious ass.

Lots more offspeed stuff tonight, with decent control of it too.

Riverbrian
08-29-2012, 09:00 PM
No walks... 6IP... I wish I could see it.

J-Dog Dungan
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Holy s$%%^, is Deduno really working on a two-hitter? With no walks through 7 innings? And 9 K's? And the Twins have scored more than 1 run? Whaaaaaa? See, this is the kinda production we should be having erray game. Go Plouffe and Willinghammer! (and Deduno)

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Remember when Smoak was the headline return for Cliff Lee? A little cautionary tale for those who advocate dumping good players for prospects.

Brock Beauchamp
08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Remember when Smoak was the headline return for Cliff Lee? A little cautionary tale for those who advocate dumping good players for prospects.

Yep. It's harder to rebuild a team than people around here make it out to be. You can't just dump all your good players and then expect a return to relevancy on the backs of prospects that get injured, fade away, or just don't develop. The Royals have been trying that for 10 years, the Pirates 15, the Astros are in the middle of what looks to be a decade-plus stretch of incompetency, as are the Cubs. It's easy to blow up a team. Putting something back together is hard.

snepp
08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Man muscles for Mauersie.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 09:20 PM

pfft. warning track strength. :D

Riverbrian
08-29-2012, 09:23 PM

No doubt it can blow up in your face. Happens a lot... However sometimes you Trade Teixeira to the Braves and get Andrus, Feliz, Harrison and Salty in return.

Everything is a crap shoot in this game but gotta keep rolling the dice.

USAFChief
08-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Plouffsie with a nice game tonight. Some really solid ABs. Good to see.

Bark's Lounge
08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Maybe Hageman's article has created some good juju for Plouffe. It's nice to see... very, very nice.

J-Dog Dungan
08-29-2012, 09:35 PM
I think what we were seeing from Plouffe wasn't BS; he is having a great game tonight and I see no reason why he can't continue this dominance for years to come.

J-Dog Dungan
08-29-2012, 09:36 PM
And let's give it up for Deduno, with for sure the best outing he has ever had while up with the big club.

Riverbrian
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
And let's give it up for Deduno, with for sure the best outing he has ever had while up with the big club.

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

IdahoPilgrim
08-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Why do I feel like someone who's crawled through the desert for two days and is now drowning in the oasis?

Riverbrian
08-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Why do I feel like someone who's crawled through the desert for two days and is now drowning in the oasis?

Thats because you are. Don't worry you can't drown in an oasis though. You can however drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

That isn't a metaphor or anything... I just think its odd that you can drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

glunn
08-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Maybe Hageman's article has created some good juju for Plouffe. It's nice to see... very, very nice.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Plouffe is reading this website?

Ultima Ratio
08-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Nice game boys!!!

Bark's Lounge
08-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Thats because you are. Don't worry you can't drown in an oasis though. You can however drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

That isn't a metaphor or anything... I just think its odd that you can drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

Yo RB. Not to budge in and poop in your soup, but I think you can drown in an Oasis... you can't drown in a Mirage. The rest of what you said was hilarious!:)

Ricola
08-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Did I read that box score correctly? Deduno with 9/0 K/BB ratio?

Bark's Lounge
08-29-2012, 10:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Plouffe is reading this website?

Could be... or maybe Parker Hageman is a mystic in the ways of Plouffetism. Either way I am fine and dandy with it!:)

Top Gun
08-29-2012, 10:37 PM
To bad they could score some of those runs in the 1st two games or is that waiver wire stuff again.

Bark's Lounge
08-29-2012, 10:45 PM
To bad they could score some of those runs in the 1st two games or is that waiver wire stuff again.

It's never a party without you Top Gun. Thanks for chiming in!

Riverbrian
08-29-2012, 11:16 PM

Yo RB. Not to budge in and poop in your soup, but I think you can drown in an Oasis... you can't drown in a Mirage. The rest of what you said was hilarious!:)

Oasis is a Pop/Rock band from England?

Ahh... I see... My mistake.. The Homonym has got me again.

Last winter this female co-worker came into my office and asked if she could use my office for some privacy. There were tears in her eyes. So I said... "absolutely... what's wrong? Anything I can do?".

She said... "I can't stop gaining weight... I don't even want to go out in public anymore. I can't look in the mirror. I just sat in my chair and it broke. Everyone saw it happen... I'm so embarrassed".

I didn't know what to say... I thought about who was going to pay for the chair but I smartly held my tongue and thought about what to say. It was an uncomfortable period of silence.

She started to cry a little harder and choked up she says... "I should stop blubbering like this".

That homonym got me... I replied... "we all blubber when our metabolism slows down".

Bark's Lounge
08-29-2012, 11:38 PM

Oasis is a Pop/Rock band from England?

Ahh... I see... My mistake.. The Homonym has got me again.

Last winter this female co-worker came into my office and asked if she could use my office for some privacy. There were tears in her eyes. So I said... "absolutely... what's wrong? Anything I can do?".

She said... "I can't stop gaining weight... I don't even want to go out in public anymore. I can't look in the mirror. I just sat in my chair and it broke. Everyone saw it happen... I'm so embarrassed".

I didn't know what to say... I thought about who was going to pay for the chair but I smartly held my tongue and thought about what to say. It was an uncomfortable period of silence.

She started to cry a little harder and choked up she says... "I should stop blubbering like this".

That homonym got me... I replied... "we all blubber when our metabolism slows down".

Jibber Jabbers! I am not sure what to make of the Oasis thing, Maybe it has all gone over my head, but I believe you could drown in an Oasis in the desert and a handful have probably drowned themselves in the band Oasis... so very, very unfortunate. I get the rest of it and if it is not fictional... ouch! RB, you are a breath of fresh air on this site - I very much enjoy what you bring to the table!

CDog
08-29-2012, 11:45 PM

pfft. warning track strength. :D

Doesn't count anyway cuz the pitcher threw it hard.

Brock Beauchamp
08-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Watching the game now... Mauer must have been saying "What the hell do I have to do to hit a ball out of this stadium?" He absolutely crushed that pitch.

IdahoPilgrim
08-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Watching the game now... Mauer must have been saying "What the hell do I have to do to hit a ball out of this stadium?" He absolutely crushed that pitch.

Try hitting it anywhere but dead away center.

twinsnorth49
08-30-2012, 10:19 AM

Try hitting it anywhere but dead away center.

Worked for Plouffe.