PDA

View Full Version : What moves to make

greengoblinrulz
08-19-2012, 01:00 PM
to the team/40 man roster between now & start of FA & discuss reasons
For me...
DFA Blackie & recall Vasquez (takes Nicks 40 man spot) or Henriks now....show fans you are done with Nick & contract wont be a reason.
Can be now or end of minor league season/even offseason
DFA Jeff Gray & readd to 40 man/recall Anthony Slama. Anthony will be a 6 yr FA, never had a chance & has an option left

End of minor league season/Sept 1st
Recall...Pedro Hernandez, Deolis Guerra, Hendriks or Vasquez, Arcia, Escobar
DFA Nishi & add Aaron Hicks/recall Hicks
If Pavano/Walters to be activated/added to 40 man....DFA Perdomo/Manship(6yr FA & out of options respectively)
I like Dozier/Benson but take a look at others in Sept...show em they need to work this offseason

End of season
Add BJ Hermsen/Chris Hermann/Kyle Gibson to 40 man roster as Pavano is a FA/Capps contract option not picked up/DFA Walters
If team would like an extra spot or 2 goin into offseason, Kyle Waldrop could be DFAd, as could Deolis Guerra

Rosterman
08-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Again, you have to keep a few spare parts (Carson, Waldrop, Butera) to drop once you seek out real free agents. Anyone added in November to the 40-man can't be dropped until spring training.

The Twins have to make decisions of Swarzak and Casilla for arbitration (as well as Burton and Duensing). I see Gutierrez being dropped at some point. I'm wondering who goes when Pavano and Walters are re-added, shortly.....

Sadly, though i would love to see Hicks up here in September, if Carson hits we won't. I would like to see Arcia get the call just to get his feet wet.

The Twins also will have to make a 40-man decision on Oliveros.

I imagine, truth be told, that Salma will just linger out there and he can make the choice to resign or move on. Same with Tosoni, who has very few options.

The joy is they can just remove Toshi and still keep him if no one claims him. I don't know if they can do that with Blackie, who would become a free agent, per say, but the Twins on hook for total 2013 salary. At this point, THEYT will find a way to keep him and see if he becomes better or not.

Be interesting to see how many minor league castoffs the Twins go after (last year, whew) and they seem to always be early birds in this department.

greengoblinrulz
08-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Again, you have to keep a few spare parts (Carson, Waldrop, Butera) to drop once you seek out real free agents. Anyone added in November to the 40-man can't be dropped until spring training.

The Twins have to make decisions of Swarzak and Casilla for arbitration (as well as Burton and Duensing). I see Gutierrez being dropped at some point. I'm wondering who goes when Pavano and Walters are re-added, shortly.....

Sadly, though i would love to see Hicks up here in September, if Carson hits we won't. I would like to see Arcia get the call just to get his feet wet.

The Twins also will have to make a 40-man decision on Oliveros.

I imagine, truth be told, that Salma will just linger out there and he can make the choice to resign or move on. Same with Tosoni, who has very few options.

The joy is they can just remove Toshi and still keep him if no one claims him. I don't know if they can do that with Blackie, who would become a free agent, per say, but the Twins on hook for total 2013 salary. At this point, THEYT will find a way to keep him and see if he becomes better or not.

Be interesting to see how many minor league castoffs the Twins go after (last year, whew) and they seem to always be early birds in this department.
Its got to be less this year as the ROC OF should be pretty set with Tosoni/Benson/Hicks/Arcia & corner IFs Collabello @ 1B/Romero @ 3B & Hermann as C. One of Florimon/Escobar/Dozier will prob be there also for middle infield.
Pitching staff is unable to predict as you dont know the big staff.....but gotta think it'll revolve around Gibson/Hermsen & maybe a couple out of Bromberg/Hishfield/Darnell and maybe one retread like signing.