PDA

View Full Version : 9 More

Bark's Lounge
08-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I hate the concept of a jinx and I am not a superstitious fellow. I apologize if I am damning anyone and their hopes.

Willingham has a legit shot at 40 HR's. 9 more buddy! Let's get on that horse and ride!

There is only one 40 HR member in the history of the Twins. Killebrew awaits....

greengoblinrulz
08-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Batting Average/slgg by month
April .347/.681
May .220/.473
June .255/.480
July .283/.663
August .184/.388
ISO has been over 200 every month, whether he's hitting for average (overrated for a run producer) or not...fantastic power hitter. Absolutely the oposite of a 'Twins hitter'.
Hitting for power/driving in runs has made his decreasing BAve invisible.

jokin
08-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I hate the concept of a jinx and I am not a superstitious fellow. I apologize if I am damning anyone and their hopes.

Willingham has a legit shot at 40 HR's. 9 more buddy! Let's get on that horse and ride!

There is only one 40 HR member in the history of the Twins. Killebrew awaits....

9 more (40) vs. 4 more (20) vs. 2 more (10). Who has the better shot at his own personal 2012 "milestone"?

Willingham/Morneau/Mauer. The way Morny is swinging the bat since July 1, I vote Justin most likely, the Hammer 2nd most, Mauer least likely.

JB_Iowa
08-18-2012, 03:40 PM
I hope Willingham gets a bunch of that 9 in the next 2 games because he's my "pick to click" for this series. :) I could use the points.

Willing you on to more HR, Mr. Willingham.

Bark's Lounge
08-18-2012, 04:04 PM

9 more (40) vs. 4 more (20) vs. 2 more (10). Who has the better shot at his own personal 2012 "milestone"?

Willingham/Morneau/Mauer. The way Morny is swinging the bat since July 1, I vote Justin most likely, the Hammer 2nd most, Mauer least likely.

Agreed. I do think all 3 will accomplish those milestones.

jokin
08-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Those 3 deeds done, and a batting title (either Mauer or Revere, take your pick) would be some solace, merciful diversion and reasons for continuing interest through to October 3. Those, and about a half dozen of the prospects making a major-league level showing in the September call-up could offer some glimmers of hope and positivity heading into 2013.

Bark's Lounge
08-18-2012, 04:29 PM

Those 3 deeds done, and a batting title (either Mauer or Revere, take your pick) would be some solace, merciful diversion and reasons for continuing interest through to October 3. Those, and about a half dozen of the prospects making a major-league level showing in the September call-up could offer some glimmers of hope and positivity heading into 2013.

If Mauer or Revere can pull off a batting title, that would be beyond cool. I have been waiting for Trout to hit a rookie rut. Although he has struggled somewhat in the last few weeks, he is hanging on... wish we had him. I am not holding breath for a Arcia and Hicks call-up in September, but who knows? I guess we will find out.:)