PDA

View Full Version : Josh Rutledge

chavez
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
What do you guys think about the Twins making a run at him this offseason? He seems to be handling the majors pretty well and has some pop in his bat. This would allow us to move Dozier to 2nd base and would give us a nice young middle infield. I realize some of his offensive numbers may be skewed a bit by Coors Field, but I think he would be worth a shot. The Rockies won't have much use for him unless they move TT or Rutledge to a different position.

DPJ
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Only 94 at-bats so I'd say it's a bit early to make any trade talk, NTM the Rockies could move him to 2B once Tulo is back.

Chance
08-10-2012, 03:05 PM
It would be great to trade for him, but what do we have to give up for a young prospect on a team that is in the same boat as us?

Top Gun
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Yes, Pomeranz, Rutledge, Young are all great targets. I would start with Willingham, Parmelee, Blackburn, Pavano, Capps, ect.

John Bonnes
08-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeh, the problem is what to give up for him. The Rockies need pitching, same as the Twins. If he's available, there might be 28 teams that can offer better young pitching than the Twins can

SpiritofVodkaDave
08-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Yes, Pomeranz, Rutledge, Young are all great targets. I would start with Willingham, Parmelee, Blackburn, Pavano, Capps, ect.

Why the hell would they take Blackburn, Pavano or Capps?

Top Gun
08-11-2012, 10:04 AM
I think all three could pitch fairly well in the big ball parks of the nl west. they also need a replacement for Helton real soon.

TwinsWolvesLynxBlog
08-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't see the Twins and Rockies being much partners for a trade, both teams are similar in their strengths and weaknesses.

SpiritofVodkaDave
08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I think all three could pitch fairly well in the big ball parks of the nl west. they also need a replacement for Helton real soon.

You realize Pavano and Capps are impending free agents...correct? And that the only way the Twins can get rid of Blackburn is if they paid at least 90% of his salary.

Top Gun
08-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes, if I were to sign one of those FA I would like to try them out a few weeks first. I was think a 3 for 3 with only one pitcher each. The
Rockies have alot of there pitchers on the DL and talking about trading there closer, I remember the Rocks giving up Jimenz for him,
that's alot that arn't paning out.

SpiritofVodkaDave
08-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Yes, if I were to sign one of those FA I would like to try them out a few weeks first. I was think a 3 for 3 with only one pitcher each. The
Rockies have alot of there pitchers on the DL and talking about trading there closer, I remember the Rocks giving up Jimenz for him,
that's alot that arn't paning out.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: