PDA

View Full Version : Article: Minnesota Twins Roster & Payroll 2012

Brock Beauchamp
08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?902-Minnesota-Twins-Roster-Payroll-2012

Jeremy Nygaard
08-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Updated to include Slama's activation and recent starting pitchers.

Also, I've changed the widths so that everyone's name appears on one line. You will have to scroll over further to find Rule V and MiL FA info (as well as the other columns), but I think it looks better.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Updated again...

Eric Hurley asked for - and was granted - his release.

Trevor Plouffe is on a rehab assignment in Rochester.

Luke French was sent to AA.

Sean Burroughs was placed on the DL.

This leaves the Red Wings a little light.

sweetluis
08-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Not sure if it matters but Scott Diamond was born in 1986 not '85 as posted

Seth Stohs
08-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Jeremy - Hein Robb ... if he signed in 7/08, would he not be Rule 5 eligible after 2012?

greengoblinrulz
08-11-2012, 06:00 PM
also....great page but Josmil Pinto (if Ive done my math correct) should be either Rule V eligible and/or a minor league FA after this yr.

greengoblinrulz
08-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Updated again...

Eric Hurley asked for - and was granted - his release.

Trevor Plouffe is on a rehab assignment in Rochester.

Luke French was sent to AA.

Sean Burroughs was placed on the DL.

This leaves the Red Wings a little light.

22 with 2 rehab guys leaves em a little time. Plouffe up Mon...pitcher (or Nishi) down keep em at 23 + 1 rehab.
Puts New Brit @ 25 tho

Jeremy Nygaard
08-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Not sure if it matters but Scott Diamond was born in 1986 not '85 as posted

Good catch. Screwed up in the transfer from spreadsheet to webpage.

Jeremy - Hein Robb ... if he signed in 7/08, would he not be Rule 5 eligible after 2012?

In most cases, yes... but reading the rule players "signed at age 18 or younger and have been in the organization for five years" led me to believe that since Robb wasn't technically in the organization in 2009 he has another year. Could I be wrong? Yes.

There were some others that I adjusted. I usually put in a year when I find a new guy, but then don't always change it when I find the official signing date.

also....great page but Josmil Pinto (if Ive done my math correct) should be either Rule V eligible and/or a minor league FA after this yr.

God, yes. Must have copied that over from somewhere else without adjusting.

Thanks for catching those mistakes. I'm sure there are more!

Seth Stohs
08-11-2012, 08:04 PM
This org chart is amazing... overwhelmingly so... Now it's out there, and we'll find a few tweaks, but it's amazing what you have here!!

greengoblinrulz
08-11-2012, 08:09 PM
outstanding, no doubt

Jeremy Nygaard
08-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys. I started keeping track of the organizational rosters 5-6 years ago on an excel spreadsheet... it's evolved quite a bit over time, but it got to the point where it needed to become something I could share. The meat of it made it over, but there is way too much information on the spreadsheet to ever stop updating it.

Thrylos
08-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Great stuff. Thanks for the good work. Looks like the Twins will have their hands full this off-season trying to protect players and adding at least 2 arms. I just cannot see them be successful without trades.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Updated rotations to include today's starting pitchers (for most games).

Deleted the contract details at the bottom. I'll post them here if figures change.

FM: Pat Dean to D.L. Kyle Gibson to rehab.

Beloit: Cole Johnson activated. Dallas Gallant to D.L.

E-Town: Michael Quesada suspended. Kelly Cross promoted from GCL.

greengoblinrulz
08-12-2012, 05:50 PM
what injury for Dean (just innings???)
Quesada suspended for what.....did he get into Kenny Vargas' "weight loss supplements"?

Jeremy Nygaard
08-12-2012, 05:58 PM
what injury for Dean (just innings???)
Quesada suspended for what.....did he get into Kenny Vargas' "weight loss supplements"?

I have no details. Seth probably does though...

Jeremy Nygaard
08-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Quesada will be serving a 50-game suspension. He'll have to serve this suspension only when the E-Twins are playing, so (if he remains in the organization) he won't be eligible to play again until - depending on their schedule next year - around 7/20. (He will serve 19 games this year and 31 next year.)

Kyle Gibson has been activated and assigned to Fort Myers.

Trevor Plouffe has been activated and Nishi optioned to Rochester. (Payroll doesn't change- Plouffe was on major league DL and Nishi makes his money either way.)

Rotations updated (which will be the norm, so I won't post it) and other aesthetically pleasing things.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Nothing too interesting today.

The Red Wings activated JR Towles and Mike Hollimon.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-15-2012, 02:06 PM
The Twins and Wings flopped Dozier for Pedro Florimon. The Twins payroll doesn't change. The pro-rated amount for the remainder of the year ($136,400) will now go to Florimon instead of Dozier.

Dozier was sent down on his first optional assignment. The interesting thing is that the Red Wings have exactly 20 days left in their season and that for an option to count, it has to be for AT LEAST 20 days. So, in my estimation, if Dozier finishes the regular season in AAA and is called up before the Twins game on 9/4, the option won't actually count.

Florimon was added to the 40-man roster. He has an option remaining.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Another update:

Swarzak activated (no salary change).

Perdomo and Manship down (both pro-rated reduction of league minimum, $133,800).

Team salary reduced by $267,600 to $97,609,300. (That number will increase when the Twins make another move.)

Also, to make room for players sent down, the David Bromberg was moved to AA.

Thrylos
08-15-2012, 05:30 PM

Luke French too , right? (he was assigned yesterday)

Seth Stohs
08-15-2012, 07:11 PM

Luke French too , right? (he was assigned yesterday)

French was sent to AA probably a week ago. I don't think he's actually pitched yet there.

Ultima Ratio
08-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Does the ~97 million in player salaries listed reflect the trades/waivers changes to salary (if cash considerations were made and with the new team paying for the waiver player)? If not, is there a way post it short of giving a daily payroll update?

greengoblinrulz
08-15-2012, 10:59 PM
So Bromberg pitches 3gms @ ROC.. 11.1IP 7h 1er 7k 4bb & he gets sent BACK to New Brit.....wow these guys amaze me
Did Andrew Albers get re-activated & immediately go back on DL???

Jeremy Nygaard
08-16-2012, 06:22 AM
The salaries listed are all pro-rated. So, in the cases of Valencia and Frankie, their salary is only the portion the Twins paid. Is that what you were wondering?

Not sure what the deal is with Albers... he missed two months, came back and pitched one game over a week ago, now is back on the DL. Officially, I moved him
cause my numbers didn't add up, and noticed his status, not because of a transaction I saw.

Ultima Ratio
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Yep, thanks! Help me make sense of this though. We had Marquis for the year at 3M. You show we paid him 2.66M of that, yet wasn't he picked up for more time, prorated, than just .34M for the new team to pay? How does that work?

greengoblinrulz
08-16-2012, 01:05 PM
The salaries listed are all pro-rated. So, in the cases of Valencia and Frankie, their salary is only the portion the Twins paid. Is that what you were wondering?

Not sure what the deal is with Albers... he missed two months, came back and pitched one game over a week ago, now is back on the DL. Officially, I moved him
cause my numbers didn't add up, and noticed his status, not because of a transaction I saw.

Was lookin @ New Brits transactions & dont have either his activation/DL listed.....curious if he is on roster

SpantheMan
08-16-2012, 02:15 PM
capps, span, perkins, nishi, and carroll all have options for $500,000 or below

Rosterman
08-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I also try and keep track of personnel at www.twinscards.com...look at rosters majors/minors. A class and above (plus some stragglers)

Jeremy Nygaard
08-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Yep, thanks! Help me make sense of this though. We had Marquis for the year at 3M. You show we paid him 2.66M of that, yet wasn't he picked up for more time, prorated, than just .34M for the new team to pay? How does that work?

The Twins are on the hook for $3m less the prorated vets minimum that the Padres will pay Marquis ($480K/183 * 150 = $341,000). The Twins will pay the remaining $2,659,000.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-16-2012, 03:02 PM
capps, span, perkins, nishi, and carroll all have options for $500,000 or below

All of those options are included in the table. For the options outside of three years, they are listed in the "other obligations" portion.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM

The Twins are on the hook for $3m less the prorated vets minimum that the Padres will pay Marquis ($480K/183 * 150 = $341,000). The Twins will pay the remaining $2,659,000.

I messed up the math a little bit. (Probably due to Marquis's time in the minors.)

Marquis was property of the Twins for 50 days of the season, so the formula should read $480,000/183 = $2,622 per day times 133 days that he'll be with the Padres = $348,900. $3,000,000 minus $348,900 = $2,651,100. I'll adjust all of that on the next update.

greengoblinrulz
08-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Albers is actually starting for New Brit tonight so he musta been activated

Jeremy Nygaard
08-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Albers is actually starting for New Brit tonight so he musta been activated

Popham to the DL and Albers active. Uncertain when this happened, whether it was yesterday or 10 days ago. It puts the Rockcats back at 25.

The Twins responsibility of Marquis' contract was adjusted.

I haven't added Matt Carson yet, because there will be a corresponding move. (My guess is that Nishioka has been placed on waivers and will be outrighted to AAA.)

Jeremy Nygaard
08-17-2012, 12:43 PM
The Twins officially added Matt Carson to their 25-man and 40-man roster. He'll presumably earn a pro-rated share of the vet's minimum ($131,100). He has options remaining, which come in handy if the Twins wish to keep him around. If he's outrighted off of the roster, he'd be a six-year MiLB FA.

To make room for Carson, the Twins outrighted Rene Tosoni. He cleared waivers and will stay in AA. Tosoni will have five years of minor league service at the conclusion of the season, so he shouldn't be a MiLB FA until the conclusion of next year.

Though the 40-man remains full, there is plenty of roster flotsam that could be shuffled to make room, giving the Twins plenty of flexibility going into the final month of the season and offseason.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Michael Gonzales sent to the disabled list with a strained elbow.

Pat Dean activated.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-20-2012, 08:30 PM
I will update the table after the Twins make some corresponding moves.

Blackburn and Nishi are both off of the 40-man. Their income won't change. Their free agency won't change. They will both be available in the Rule V draft. I referenced "roster flotsam" a couple of days ago. These were two guys that fit in that category.

I am interested to see who the Twins call up.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Liam Hendriks was recalled today. If he finishes the season with the team he'll make $246,600 ($120,700 more than he made to date). That increases the team payroll to $97,853,200.

Also of note, Luke Bard was placed on E-town's 7-day DL. This is a result of his leaving his August 10th appearance with some sort of arm discomfort. Whether that is lat (previous injury) discomfort or something new is unknown (to me anyway).

Jeremy Nygaard
08-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Josmil Pinto was promoted to New Britain. Not only was this done to give the offense a boost for their final playoff push, but also to expose Pinto to better competition as the Twins decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster. (I've changed Pinto to a 40-man add, though I am not sure he will be yet.)

The move gives NB 26 players, but Joe Benson will be undergoing knee surgery and will placed on the 7-day DL.

Christian Powell was moved to E-town's temporary inactive list.

I anticipate Kyle Gibson moving up the ranks. I think the plan was to get him to Rochester - and it certainly could still be - but his destination might be New Britain as well. His next appearance should be happening tomorrow.

Tonight's minor league round-up will include playoff updates for all the affiliates.

The table will begin looking different as seasons start to end. I plan on adding some stats (OPS season/career for hitters; and games started/games/innings for pitchers). There will also be a shuffle as I anticipate moving all the players on the 40-man together, putting the MiL FAs together (wiping out Rochester's roster completely - as it's normally a combination of the two) and moving other guys to their likely destination for next year.

After that you'll see a table for ST invites (which will be speculation-based for a while, as I need a place to put the Blackies and Nishis of the world).

Brock Beauchamp
08-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I still think you're insane. Awesome work, Jeremy.

Seth Stohs
08-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Yup, Jeremy, this is great stuff... Brock, I think that this link needs to be prominently displayed on the front page so people can easily find it and reference it.

Josmil Pinto is very interesting because not only does he need to be added to the 40 man roster to protect him from the Rule 5, but he also can be a free agent if they don't as well. Potentially, the Twins could have FIVE catchers on the 40 man roster (Mauer, Doumit, Butera, Pinto and Herrmann).

Luke Bard has biceps tendonitus. Not believed to be serious, but he probably won't pitch this year again.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys.

There is a link to it on the top blue ribbon on the front page (Roster and Payroll).

Bard's inability to stay healthy (so far) makes me wonder if the Twins will even try him in the rotation next spring. (They probably will and should... but jeepers.)

Brock Beauchamp
08-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Yup, Jeremy, this is great stuff... Brock, I think that this link needs to be prominently displayed on the front page so people can easily find it and reference it.

It is, though it's not really apparent at first glance. If you go to the home page, the submenu (the blue one) has an item "Roster & Payroll". That takes you directly to the page.

Shane Wahl
08-23-2012, 06:35 PM
This is incredibly helpful for wannabe GM-ing.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Kyle Gibson has been moved to Rochester's rotation.

Ultima Ratio
08-24-2012, 11:34 AM
The New Twins Daily format is cutting off portions of this spreadsheet on the right.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
At the bottom of each table do you have a scroll bar?

Ultima Ratio
08-24-2012, 10:31 PM
At the bottom of each table do you have a scroll bar?

There's no actual scroll bar, but I did try scrolling using my mouse function and it did scroll... though it's not very functional without the actual scroll bar because if I scroll too hard (mouse gesture on iMacs) it thinks I'm scrolling back to the previous web page. Having a wide screen and stretching the browser to include the whole spread sheet was best, but that's no longer an option they tell me.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I will message Brock about that...

Updates reflect the roster change. Salary update (change due to rounding).

Also, you can see a little of what I'm going to do stats-wise on the GCL pitchers.

It is:

WHIP; G/GS; IP (*denotes career high)

IdahoPilgrim
08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Anderlin Mejia has been moved from GCL to Fort Myers Miracle, although to date he hasn't played yet.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Transactions and salaries updated: Span, Carson, Parmelee and Gray in the big leagues. Aderlin Mejia was moved to Fort Myers.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-31-2012, 02:42 PM
One note about Carson: He didn't spend enough time on an optional assignment for this to count as an option year.

Ultima Ratio
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
One note about Carson: He didn't spend enough time on an optional assignment for this to count as an option year.
How much time is the breaking point?

IdahoPilgrim
08-31-2012, 11:17 PM
MiLB website didn't pick this up, but BaseballAmerica did.

For New Britain, Joe Benson is on the 7-day DL. He had surgery on his leg, probably ending his season.

IdahoPilgrim
08-31-2012, 11:18 PM
By the way, great job on this page, and the work done in keeping it up to date.:)

Jeremy Nygaard
09-02-2012, 09:45 PM
How much time is the breaking point?

20 days in the minors on assignment to count as an option year.

Jeremy Nygaard
09-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Benson moved to the DL. (Thanks sbknudson.)

Vasquez selected (pro-rated 76K) and Walters activated from the 60-day DL. The Twins now have one open spot on the 40-man.

Jeremy Nygaard
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
The GCL roster is undergoing its off-season changes.

The hitters now have "potential 2013 destinations" along with a stat package. The stat package contains 2012 OPS; OPS vs left / ABs vs left; OPS vs right / ABs vs right.

The pitchers are broken into guys I think will get an opportunity to start vs guys that I think will stay in the bullpen. Of course, that changes an awful lot, so who really knows...

In the next week (hopefully), all the six-year (minor-league FAs) will be put into their own table. That list isn't the official list (and it won't be until MLB releases their list).

As always, a work in progress!

Jeremy Nygaard
09-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Escobar and Perdomo will join the team tomorrow. They appear to be the only additional September call-ups.

Escobar spent a majority of his season with the White Sox. Perdomo had his contract selected at the end of July. He spent the last 18 days with the Red Wings, so this call-up negates this year's "optional assignment". (He'll have two left going into next year.)

If there are no additional roster moves, the Twins 2012 team payroll will close at $98,169,100.

The call-up for Escobar and Perdomo will make them each an additional $70,800 in 2012... not a bad month of September.

Jeremy Nygaard
09-15-2012, 10:54 AM
First roster moves in a couple of weeks:

Twins promote Herrmann (pro-rated minimum), activate Span and send DeVries to the D.L.

Jeremy Nygaard
09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Undergoing some "off-season" changes. You can now find that guys that are on the 40-man - but not with the Twins - together. There is also a tentative group of players who appear to be headed towards minor league free agency.

Jeremy Nygaard
09-28-2012, 11:59 PM
...and the Nishi experiment is officially over.

60ft6in
10-01-2012, 02:14 PM
...and the Nishi experiment is officially over.

Pinto resigned

Minnesota Twins
Signed: RHP Miguel Munoz (re-signed), LHP Edgar Ibarra (re-signed), C Josmil Pinto (re-signed)

Jeremy Nygaard
10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
The Twins also re-sign Jon Goncalves.

Jeremy Nygaard
10-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Now that 2012 is in the books, the page has been turned to 2013. You'll no longer find all of the 2012 salaries on this page (though a link to it should be available soon). I hope to weigh in with some opinions about how this roster could change over the next couple of months, but that would most likely be done with an article... not here.

Jeremy Nygaard
10-24-2012, 08:29 PM
The Twins made their first moves geared towards 2013 by trimming the fat from their 40-man roster. Carlos Gutierrez was claimed by the Cubs. Matt Carson, PJ Walters, Esmerling Vasquez, Jeff Manship, Luis Perdomo and Kyle Waldrop were all outrighted off the roster. Most of those players should have the right to become free agents if they so choose. At this point, I've placed them in a new category called "Organizational Limbo". At some point, they'll either be removed or placed back on the AAA roster. My guess is they were at least given a spring training invite and that most (if not all) will remain in the organization. (The definition of "outrighting" a player can get tricky, so I'm going to wait to jump to any conclusions.)

Also, the pending free agents remain on the 40-man, though their removal will become a technicality within the next 10 days. After the three of them come off, the Twins will be at 32 players.

Jeremy Nygaard
10-26-2012, 10:55 PM
After many attempts to update this table, I think it's right.

I took the guys out of "organizational limbo" and placed them all as Minor League Free Agents. I do believe that, technically, they need to elect to become free agents, but that's where they'll go for now.

The Twins re-signed a few more minor league FAs: Aaron Thompson, Shairon Martis and Wilkin Ramirez. They also signed Indy P Tom Boleska.

Jeremy Nygaard
10-29-2012, 09:43 PM
P.J. Walters becomes the first official invitee to Spring Training. While it's interesting he's the only one known to have declined his assignment, I would assume that we may hear the other names when the list of minor-league free agents are announced.

Stay tuned.

Jeremy Nygaard
11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Lots of action today:

Alexi Casilla waived and claimed by Baltimore. Casilla was expected to be non-tendered.

Sam Deduno was removed from the 40-man. He's been placed in the minor league free agents section, though there is some belief he will re-sign and get a ST invite.

The Twins added RP Josh Roenicke (out of options) and SS Tommy Field (two options remaining) to their 40-man. Both will make league minimum (or near) if they make the team. Roenicke appears headed for arbitration after this season.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
11-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Appreciate the updates JN!

Jeremy Nygaard
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Sam Deduno and Esmerling Vasquez will be invited to Spring Training. The word is that the signings will be announced after they are "official".

Part of me wonders if that won't happen until after the Rule V draft. Obviously if the team was concerned about losing either guy, they wouldn't have sent them (unclaimed) through waivers last week.

But at the same time, the Twins once signed R.A. Dickey to a minor-league contract only to love him in the Rule V draft a few weeks later. They traded his rights (for a catcher named Jair Fernandez) and then signed Dickey the next off-season anyway.

Jeremy Nygaard
11-08-2012, 10:09 AM
All of the guys that have signed minor league deals since the conclusion of the season have been put together in a "MiLB/ST invites?" section. The Twins will announce their Spring Training Invites later this winter and the players will be moved accordingly at that time, but for now this is where they will go.

I've also added the option details on Span's, Caroll's and Perkins's contracts.

Jeremy Nygaard
11-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Updated to include a few minor league signings.

And since Baker signed with the Cubs, I've taken him off the list.

Jeremy Nygaard
11-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Updated to include all moves through Deolis Guerra. Was waiting for Butera confirmation one way or the other, but non-tendering Butera would have been big enough to call a presser... and there isn't going to be one at this time of night.

What are the chances I find Drew Butera in a 50% bin tomorrow at Target Field?

Jeremy Nygaard
12-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Lots of big things today:

Vance Worley becomes the senior member of the starting rotation. Just a guess, but he'll probably make about $600K this year.

Trevor May was added to the 40-man in November, so he has all three options remaining.

Jared Burton signed an extension. I had him pegged for $2m this year, so I added $50K to the 2013 team salary.

(It's an underestimation - because not all contract renewals will be for the $490K minimum - but if the 16 empty spots are all filled with minimum salaries, the team is only committed to $71,130,000.)

I also added Ryan Pressly, Mark Sobolewski and Jason Lane.

Jeremy Nygaard
12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Updated to include those signed to minor league deals with ST invites.

Jeremy Nygaard
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Updated.

JP3700
12-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I believe Vance Worley is at 1.152 and Mike Pelfrey 5.122 in service time.

I also wanted to say thanks for the great work and continuous updates. It's much appreciated.

JB_Iowa
12-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Could someone post the link to the spreadsheet again? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Jeremy Nygaard
12-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I believe Vance Worley is at 1.152 and Mike Pelfrey 5.122 in service time.

I also wanted to say thanks for the great work and continuous updates. It's much appreciated.

Hmmm.. WTF. Now it's fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here's a link (http://twinsdaily.com/section/901-roster-payroll.html), but you can also find it on the home page in the blue ribbon (under the red ribbon up top) entitled "Roster and Payroll"

Rosterman
12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
2013 Minnesota Twins Roster - Majors View (http://twinscards.com/viewrostersyears.php?Year=2013) - also keeping major league AND minor league roster updated here. I transfer the lower minor league guys over as I hear about their status. Joel

JB_Iowa
12-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks for posting the link for those of us who are too navigationally challenged to find it on our own.

And thanks for all of your work keeping this updated .... even if I do find the state of the Twins roster to be incredibly depressing.

mike wants wins
12-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I should not have clicked in that link. Sigh.

Shane Wahl
12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Still probably my favorite thing on this site. I hope they push Buxton, Polanco, and Harrison to Cedar Rapids, actually. Time for a full season, and Polanco dominated at E-Town last year anyway.

Jeremy Nygaard
12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Once the handbook madness subsides, I plan to make some improvements. Nothing crazy.

I had been doing this on an excel spreadsheet, but this provided a way to share and get input. So I'll keep doing it. Glad people like/appreciate it.

Top Gun
12-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM reports that Edwin Jackson is down to the Rangers and Cubs after the Padres refused to offer him four years and bowed out.

The Angels and Indians had previously expressed interest in the right-hander, but they're evidently no longer players. The Rangers view Jackson as a backup plan after losing out on Zack Greinke, while the Cubs are looking at him as a backup plan after being outbid for Anibal Sanchez. Jackson shouldn't have trouble getting $50-plus million on a four-year contract.
Related: Cubs (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/mlb/chc/cubs), Padres (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/mlb/sd%20/padres), Rangers (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/mlb/tex/rangers)

Source: Jim Bowden on Twitte (https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/status/281201784775667712)

Rosterman
12-18-2012, 10:59 PM
2013 Minnesota Twins Roster - Majors View (http://twinscards.com/viewrostersyears.php?Year=2013) And can also follow this minor league section which will be updated more as we approach spring training, and I scan in cards for most of these guys. You can also click back to see rosters and minor leagues for the Twins all the way back to the beginning -- A ball and up. Sometimes fun to see who did play in the Twins system.

Jeremy Nygaard
12-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Updated. The players listed in the ST invites section have been double-checked and is as close to official as you'll find until the the Twins officially release their non-roster invites.

Rich Harden has been added. Pelfrey's incentives have been added. Minor leaguers who have been released - as well as MiLB FAs who have signed elsewhere - have been removed.