PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

J-Dog Dungan
08-08-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but the two teams that aren't the Twins that I want to clinch a Wild Card spot are the A's and the Pirates (not that I don't want the Twins to go on some improbable streak and somehow clinch the spot for themselves). I want the A's to win to show the Angels that buying the top two free agents in the offseason isn't always the formula for winning, and I want the Pirates to clinch a spot because I don't think they have while I have been alive.

Brock Beauchamp
08-08-2012, 06:59 AM
I'd love to see the A's go all the way, just to listen to the "Beane can't win in the playoffs" trolls eat their words.

And the Pirates are a great story. It's hard not to cheer them on.

DPJ
08-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm cheering for the A's, always have and will love ole Billy.

James
08-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Agreed with everything here. The Pirates have come a long way and I would love to see them get deep in the playoffs.

The A's have been a huge surprise, but that's always what people say when they put together a team. I can't help but cheer for small market teams though.

crarko
08-08-2012, 08:24 AM
They're both good choices. I'll offer up a little love for the Nationals and Orioles, too.

James
08-08-2012, 10:09 AM
They're both good choices. I'll offer up a little love for the Nationals and Orioles, too.
Also good choices. I think I just enjoy seeing new teams in the playoffs in general. Except the Twins. I always enjoy when they get into the playoffs, even if they don't end up doing very well.

mbents
08-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Angels in the playoffs because it means watching Mike Trout play more and Jered Weaver dominate with a 90MPH fastball. I can get behind any underdog/surprising story, though: Orioles, Rays, A's, Pirates, Reds, Nats.

nokomismod
08-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm on board. Where's the best Pirates/A's bar in town?

nokomismod
08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I know that I will be torched for this, but it will be fun to watch the White Sox in the playoffs this year. A.J., Liriano, Konerko, Sales...

Brock Beauchamp
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I know that I will be torched for this, but it will be fun to watch the White Sox in the playoffs this year. A.J., Liriano, Konerko, Sales...

I hope they meet the Rangers in the playoffs and Nolan Ryan comes down from his box just to punch Ventura in the head a few times.

Steve Penz
08-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I hope they meet the Rangers in the playoffs and Nolan Ryan comes down from his box just to punch Ventura in the head a few times.

That is so good. I wish there was audio of that. I envision Nolan speaking/scolding with every punch. Did you....really think....you could....charge my mound...and....not....get...the....crap....beat... ..out of you?

Thrylos
08-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I think the Pirates are a great story. Sorry, I cannot root for a team who was the major competition of the Twins when the Twins were really good. I strongly feel that the A's of LaRussa & Co cheated the Twins of titles and I just cannot find the heart to root for them. As long as the Twins are not in it, I will be rooting for National League all the way and teams outside the Central for reaching the World Series.