PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Twins recall Jeff Manship

Parker Hageman
07-29-2012, 11:32 AM
In order to fill room in the pitching staff vacated by the Francisco Liriano trade (http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?849-Twins-Trade-Francisco-Liriano-To-White-Sox), the Twins recall Jeff Manship from Rochester.

Manship had worked in eight games with the Twins previously this year, posting a 5/2 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 10.2 innings while allowing 13 earned runs. His second stint in Rochester proved better as he went 2-1 with a 1.45 ERA in 31 innings with a 22/16 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

Manship last worked in a start on Friday night in Rochester.

Rosterman
07-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, not sure who else they could've added since the 40-man roster is now overflowing.

I still have hopes that Slama will get a chance (but needs to be added).

greengoblinrulz
07-29-2012, 11:54 AM
manship is out of options this winter & we've seen 4 yrs of his work in relief.
I wouldnt mind seein him get some starts & see if his good work this yr in ROC was a mirage or if he's better suited to start
Dont want him turning into another teams Sam Deduno or PJ Walters next yr if we dont give him a chance.

Thrylos
07-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Goody. I was hoping that he was a throw-in in a trade. He had several chances to do something at the MLB level and failed miserably all times. 37 games, 6 GS and 74+ IP in the majors over 3 seasons are enough. And he is 27, not a "young prospect" any more. Frankly, I'd rather see Guerra (he is back from the DL) in the majors... At least we can see something different. And if Duensing is a starter and want someone to be the long man now that Swarzak is out, they could use Perdomo. He has been starting.

DJSim22
07-29-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't expect anything from Manship, I guess they might as well give him a few starts and see what he can do there. I would be suprised if he is back next year.