PDA

View Full Version : Kepler

killebrew
07-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Max Kepler has apparently found his power stroke. 6 HR is his last 10 games. Yeah, it's E-town...but he also has a 20/17 BB/SO this year.

.286/.412/.540/.951 on the season, .337/.444/.699/1.143 in July.

He could be kind of a big deal some day.

FrodaddyG
07-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Max Kepler has apparently found his power stroke. 6 HR is his last 10 games. Yeah, it's E-town...but he also has a 20/17 BB/SO this year.

.286/.412/.540/.951 on the season, .337/.444/.699/1.143 in July.

He could be kind of a big deal some day.
Not to mention his German heritage would be a huge asset in predicting the sausage race outcomes in the Miller Park series.

glunn
07-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Not to mention his German heritage would be a huge asset in predicting the sausage race outcomes in the Miller Park series.

That is hilarious -- good one Mr. Daddy.

diehardtwinsfan
07-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Given his age, his success in Elizabethon is nice. I'm more encouraged by the plate discipline personally. That tends to translate better at higher levels.

ALessKosherScott
07-30-2012, 01:39 PM
With Kepler and Goodrum both learning the difference between a ball, a strike, and a beach ball thrown from the stands this year, I'm hoping whomever the hitting coach in Elizabethton is getting big raise and/or working with Sano next season.

diehardtwinsfan
07-30-2012, 01:48 PM
that coach already worked with Sano... lest you forget, he put up video game stats in Elizabethon...

mike wants wins
07-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Did I read they are moving him to first some? That must mean Sano is staying at third next year, u would guess.

James
07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Did I read they are moving him to first some? That must mean Sano is staying at third next year, u would guess.
He played 3 games at first last year. This year he has been in the OF or DH, but mainly OF.

He was in E-town last year as well. I don't know if they changed coaches or anything like that, but I suspect his improvement this year also has something to do with him repeating the level and growing into his frame a little more.

shs_59
07-30-2012, 02:51 PM
my 2015 dream

OF of CF Hicks, LF Arcia, RF Revere...
3B Plouffe....SS Gregorious......2B Rosario...........1B Parmelee/ Sano (AAA to start yr?)
C Mauer
DH Kennys Vargas

----BENCH-----

C Herrmann
INF Dozier
OF Benson or Bigley
UTL Escobar...

---------

Max Kepler and Travis Harrison in AA. Hopefully a lot of pitching in the upper minors and Niko Goodrum too.

nicksaviking
07-30-2012, 02:59 PM
I rip on the scouting as much as anyone. Here in the states, their skill is debatable, but the international scouts are killing it. Honestly, since all the original scouting reports were all about him being a great athlete and not about being a ballplayer, I never expected much. What a steal.

diehardtwinsfan
07-30-2012, 06:19 PM
my 2015 dream

OF of CF Hicks, LF Arcia, RF Revere...
3B Plouffe....SS Gregorious......2B Rosario...........1B Parmelee/ Sano (AAA to start yr?)
C Mauer
DH Kennys Vargas

----BENCH-----

C Herrmann
INF Dozier
OF Benson or Bigley
UTL Escobar...

---------

Max Kepler and Travis Harrison in AA. Hopefully a lot of pitching in the upper minors and Niko Goodrum too.

Revere over Benson? Vargas going from Beloit to a DH? and Keper from Elizabethon to AA? Vargas is having a decent season, but he just started playing.

FrodaddyG
07-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Revere over Benson? Vargas going from Beloit to a DH? and Keper from Elizabethon to AA? Vargas is having a decent season, but he just started playing.
He said 2015.

diehardtwinsfan
07-30-2012, 09:30 PM
In that scenario, Vargas skips AAA alltogether, and that assumes he doesn't start the year in Beloit again, which he very well may...

killebrew
07-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I rip on the scouting as much as anyone. Here in the states, their skill is debatable, but the international scouts are killing it. Honestly, since all the original scouting reports were all about him being a great athlete and not about being a ballplayer, I never expected much. What a steal.

Jorge Polanco from the IFA class of 2009 is very much a legitimate prospect as well.

TRex
07-31-2012, 07:25 AM
You are right r.e. Polanco! I have him as my Adopt-a-Prospect and didn't start a page for fear of being snickered at as I wrote about a slick-fielding, switch-hitting shortstop whose only real distinction, other than being one of the youngest players on every club (18 to start this year), is that he was one of the hardest players to strike out in the GCL last year. However, it looks like he may have turned those bat-control tools into skills this year as he is 2nd in the Appy league in doubles, and ranks in the top 10 in AVG and OPS (ahead of Goodrum and Harrison). He would be having a truly monster season if, like so many other prospects, he could hit left-handed pitchers (~.400 point swing in OPS).