PDA

View Full Version : Article: Minnesota Twins' Alexi Casilla not in the swing of things

Parker Hageman
07-27-2012, 12:09 AM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?841-Minnesota-Twins-Alexi-Casilla-not-in-the-swing-of-things

J-Dog Dungan
07-27-2012, 12:30 AM
I really hope we aren't the only ones that are seeing these posts about how players could improve themselves. Any way we could send this to Joe Vavra?

mike wants wins
07-27-2012, 07:52 AM
He is an awful MLB hitter. The data is quite clear on this.

diehardtwinsfan
07-27-2012, 08:03 AM
old habits die hard?

Willihammer
07-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Evidently, when Nicky Blackburn was tearing up AAA, it was because he and Bobby Cuellar revisited video of his glory days of 08-09. It would seem to be a worthwhile formula when a player struggles. I suspect at the MLB level, coaches try to "adapt" and outsmart too much rather than just sticking to what has worked in the past.

greengoblinrulz
07-27-2012, 10:47 AM
glad Blackburn rediscoverd his old form....sometimes a frog is just a frog

stringer bell
07-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I posted a thread earlier saying that the Twins should play Casilla. I, too, believed in the 2011 May-July Casilla. What is sad is that while he's not hitting, he has often been spectacular in the field and he is a fine base-stealer, and he could be a disruptive force on the bases if he only got on base more. The days of no focus have diminished but his performance as a hitter have been meager, even less than his previous stats. He figures to ride the pine unless there is another injury and I have to say he deserves it.

J-Dog Dungan
07-28-2012, 09:13 PM
After tonight, looks like Casilla might have made a few adjustments at the plate with a triple and a double.

Highabove
07-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Casilla starts reading Twins Daily, and look what happens!

stringer bell
07-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Well, I guess I got Alexi going!

Ultima Ratio
07-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Casilla starts reading Twins Daily, and look what happens!
Is there a spanish version of TD?

one_eyed_jack
07-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Casilla is like the Liriano of infielders. He's a tease. He'll have spectacular stretches of play followed by longer stretches of horrid play.

He's had plenty of opportunities to establish himself as a regular, and hasn't been able to do it.

Riverbrian
07-29-2012, 01:10 AM
He's gone after the season ends... The Twins just traded for his replacement.

70charger
07-29-2012, 01:12 AM
He's gone after the season ends... The Twins just traded for his replacement.

Who is cheaper. Casilla is using whatever Spanish expletive is roughly equivalent to ****! right now.

Riverbrian
07-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Who is cheaper. Casilla is using whatever Spanish expletive is roughly equivalent to ****! right now.

Now that I think about it. I wonder if Casilla or Carroll wasn't part of the trade discussion at some point. The White Sox are gonna need a backup SS now.

It would make sense that Williams would at least inquire about them.

stringer bell
07-29-2012, 06:32 AM
I was quite surprised to see Casilla in the starting lineup yesterday. He has been close to dreadful at the plate since the Plouffe injury which put Casilla in the lineup every day at second. Maybe they wanted a fellow Dominican on the field to babysit Deduno. Whatever the reason, the results were good. Maybe there's a totally out of the blue hot streak in Casilla. We've seen it before.