PDA

View Full Version : Worst pun of the day

ashburyjohn
07-26-2012, 07:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/power-rankings--reds-climb--mets-tumble--yankees--ndash--ichiro--anyway--ndash--take-a-bow.html

Among the ranking of MLB teams comes this gem:

28. Minnesota Twins (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/min) (40-58; Previous: 25) After awful start in Chicago, Twins find buyers somewhat leery, ya know?

Took me a moment to realize the wordplay. Groan or enjoy, your call.

Bark's Lounge
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Funny.... excuse me while I go to a private room and do that... both of them of course!

Bark's Lounge
07-26-2012, 07:51 PM
I like the Cohen Brother's movies for the most part, but the movie "Fargo" will always be one of fuels filling up the stereotype of what a Minnesotan is. Oh well, I need to run as dinner is ready. My wife made lutefisk ya know and I am hungry.

USAFChief
07-26-2012, 08:07 PM
I like the Cohen Brother's movies for the most part, but the movie "Fargo" will always be one of fuels filling up the stereotype of what a Minnesotan is. Oh well, I need to run as dinner is ready. My wife made lutefisk ya know and I am hungry.

Fargo is brilliant, partly because of the stereotypes. Every time I see that movie I see slightly exaggerated versions of people I grew up with, so accurately portrayed it makes me self conscious.

It's Coen, BTW.

JB_Iowa
07-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the chuckle.

Willihammer
07-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Is that a pun - "Ya know" for the Minnesota team? What am I missing. On the lousy Chi series / trade dealine, a groaner pun might go something like *Trade bait Liriano dives under cover of Lake Michigan lillipad from interested Orioles, in latest start."

Nick Nelson
07-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Maybe they can trade that pun for Bryce Harper.

Bark's Lounge
07-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Fargo is brilliant, partly because of the stereotypes. Every time I see that movie I see slightly exaggerated versions of people I grew up with, so accurately portrayed it makes me self conscious.

It's Coen, BTW.

Sorry Mr. USAFChief. I promise I will do my best to pass next weeks spelling test. I thought this was a pre-test.

Twinsoholic
07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
How about this pun which could have been used in an earlier popular post today started by USAFChief about the Twins' need to weed out the managerial staff: they need to hire a new gardener to really blossom in 2013.

Willihammer
07-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Its also St. Jewish Park, not as so commonly mispelled, St. Louis Park