PDA

View Full Version : Goessling: Twins farm pitchers Kyle Gibson, Alex Wimmers progressing

Seth Stohs
07-26-2012, 06:26 AM
http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_21158889/minnesota-twins-farm-pitchers-kyle-gibson-alex-wimmers

Willihammer
07-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Any word on the velocities?

Brock Beauchamp
07-26-2012, 08:43 AM
As fans, we've done a good job of writing off Wimmers already, casting him as the next Adam Johnson or Shooter Hunt.

It's way too early to do that and I reserve a small amount of hope for the kid going forward.

Twins Fan From Afar
07-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Any way you slice it, this is a forgotton season for Wimmers. But it's not the end of the world.
If he gets healthy and is effective, he's still on the fast track.

DPJ
07-26-2012, 09:07 AM
It's hard not to wright off a guy who's had two completly wasted seasons during his short career.

Thrylos
07-26-2012, 09:26 AM
This is good news. I just hope that they really keep a close eye on Wimmers and look at that elbow after each performance because it was one of those rest and rehab situations that they severely messed up in the past.

stringer bell
07-26-2012, 09:26 AM
As fans, we've done a good job of writing off Wimmers already, casting him as the next Adam Johnson or Shooter Hunt.

It's way too early to do that and I reserve a small amount of hope for the kid going forward.Two totally different reasons for him being unable to pitch. Hopefully, he can put this all behind him and move quickly through the Twins system, but I'll still bet he ends up with TJ surgery in the next twelve months.

diehardtwinsfan
07-26-2012, 09:30 AM
but I'll still bet he ends up with TJ surgery in the next twelve months.

yeah this... It will be 3 wasted seasons before long, when it should be 2.

jimbo92107
07-26-2012, 09:52 AM
The frustrating thing about Wimmers is that he took the rehab route with a partial ligament tear. I don't have the stats on the success rate of that approach, but I don't recall hearing about it working. Doesn't that eventually wind up requiring TJ surgery down the road? If he wasn't a pitcher, it wouldn't matter, but the stress on that ligament from pitching appears to destroy anything but a healthy one, or one that has been surgically repaired.

I hope I'm wrong about this. Maybe Wimmers' ligament will heal. But will the healed portion be healthy tissue, or inflexible scar tissue?

Pitch with rhythm and use your legs, Mr. Wimmers. Maybe you'll get lucky.

FrodaddyG
07-26-2012, 11:13 AM
I like the part where they talk about Gibson's two perfect innings, and conveniently fail to mention Wimmers' performance. (That being .2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 1 BB)

Brock Beauchamp
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I like the part where they talk about Gibson's two perfect innings, and conveniently fail to mention Wimmers' performance. (That being .2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 1 BB)

That line makes Nick Blackburn green with envy.

Badsmerf
07-26-2012, 12:59 PM
RP the reason everyone has wrote him off is he is under the Twins medical staff supervision. Maybe rehab will work this time, but if he needs TJ...... someone better get their ass chewed off and spit out into a new career.

diehardtwinsfan
07-29-2012, 04:14 PM
bump