PDA

View Full Version : Article: Ball Cap Mojo

Ricola
02-22-2012, 11:22 PM
You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.com/content.php?236-Ball-Cap-Mojo

John Bonnes
02-22-2012, 11:28 PM
I completely do this.

Do hate it when one of your favorite caps is consistently unlucky? I do. I keep wanting it to be lucky, but all it brings is heartache. I blame myself and my favorite hat for the '08 season. I just couldn't quit it.

And yes, I wish I wasn't serious.

Cody Christie
02-23-2012, 06:05 AM
So we should throw away any hats we wore during last season? :)

woolhouse
02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
I bought two new hats (Buy one get one half off) last week. I'm not wearing any of my Twins' hats from last year. Except for my all black with white lettering, but that is only for softball.

Thrylos
02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
I do the same thing, but only with Jerseys. I watch the Twins games on MLB.tv usually and don't wear ballcaps indoors ;)

Ricola
02-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Now that you mention it, Last season I decided that I had "enough" Twins gear. I didn't buy any hats.

Guys, lay off Mauer; 2011 is on me.

twinsarmchairgm
02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
I tried changing jersey's, hat's, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, even broke out the old college lucky t shirt, and nothing worked.

sln477
02-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I have a collection of 350+ Twins caps, each different, that I have amassed over the years. I can almost wear a different one for each day of the year. I got to thinking that last years performance by our team is now my fault. My hats sit in labeled boxes & I pull a box out; wear a different hat each day until the box is emptied, hats are washed & put away until it is "their" turn again. I read this post, went & looked at my boxes & realized that I had messed up the rotation (each box is labeled for "their" turn). To all my fellow Twins fans, Please don't kill the messenger here. I have now rectified this "issue" & will be back to the rotation that may have brought us luck prior to last year. It may a bit obsessive, but what the hey, there may be something here that my superstitious "mojo" has brought the Twins some luck prior to last year. GO TWINS!!

John Bonnes
02-23-2012, 01:29 PM
You see - this isn't what you by a purely statistical analysis. sln477's confession changes everything. Somebody better tell Baseball Prospectus to plug that into their PECOTA.

NHDadUmp
02-23-2012, 01:44 PM
And remember, it's not "superstitios mojo" if it's true!

iTwins
02-23-2012, 06:13 PM
I do the exact same thing. Unfortunately I simply didn't have a hat to counter 2011's bad mojo.

Teflon
02-24-2012, 08:49 PM
What about the throwback uniforms the Twins wore at home for most of last season after Harmon Killebrew passed? Based on the results, those things must be the ultimate in bad luck - surpassing even the sleeveless uniforms they used to wear when Liriano pitched.