PDA

View Full Version : Trade Francisco Liriano now!!!

darin617
07-16-2012, 05:07 PM
The smart move would be to deal him now with supposedly 6 teams interested in his services. There can't be a better start than his 15K start to be his final start for the Twins. You hate to think of him like a roller coaster but that is the best way to think of it he is at the top and move while the getting is still good. I would have like to seen him in a package to Toronto involving Travis d'Arnaud, but he may be done for the season.

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM
The smart move would be to deal him now with supposedly 6 teams interested in his services. There can't be a better start than his 15K start to be his final start for the Twins. You hate to think of him like a roller coaster but that is the best way to think of it he is at the top and move while the getting is still good. I would have like to seen him in a package to Toronto involving Travis d'Arnaud, but he may be done for the season.
The Twins aren't getting anything close to d'Arnuad back in a trade...
There is no rush, I'd prefer they wait until Hamels signs his extension and Greinke continues to struggle, at that point Liriano is the best arm available (unless someone wants to over pay for Garza)

darin617
07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
The Twins aren't getting anything close to d'Arnuad back in a trade...
There is no rush, I'd prefer they wait until Hamels signs his extension and Greinke continues to struggle, at that point Liriano is the best arm available (unless someone wants to over pay for Garza)

Apparently you cannot understand the phrase "in a package" meaning players added along with Liriano for the now injured blue chip catcher Travis d'Arnaud.

Joe
07-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Apparently you cannot understand the phrase "in a package" meaning players added along with Liriano for the now injured blue chip catcher Travis d'Arnaud.

Yeah.... That's still not going to happen.

Brock Beauchamp
07-16-2012, 07:22 PM

Four thousand pounds of scrap metal isn't going to get you one pound of gold just because it weighs more.

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah.... That's still not going to happen.

Only way they consider is it if they give up Sano plus another top prospect plus Liriano.

Again, it's never going to happen.