PDA

View Full Version : Article: Trade Target Team Profile: The Baltimore Orioles

Seth Stohs
07-12-2012, 07:04 AM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?786-Trade-Target-Team-Profile-The-Baltimore-Orioles

Brock Beauchamp
07-12-2012, 07:53 AM
If the Twins can get two more good starts out of Liriano and get Capps back on the mound in Minnesota, they're really well-stocked to wheel and deal. They're going into this trade season from a position of strength and I hope that JR takes full advantage of it, unlike his successor/predecessor.

Mr. Ed
07-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Can we trade managers?

twinstalker
07-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Why would you even mention Bundy? We have absolutely nothing that could ever offer to get him. Or Machado for that matter.

Seth Stohs
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Why would you even mention Bundy? We have absolutely nothing that could ever offer to get him. Or Machado for that matter.

I think I wrote that neither Bundy or Machado would be available for anything the Twins have, or anybody period. But 1.) they're fun to write about and 2.) they have no one else exciting to write about.

So although the O's have many needs and the Twins could fill some of them, the overall analysis of this article is that there probably isn't a good match.

diehardtwinsfan
07-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure the O's would be wise to trade given the competition they presently have... That division is absolutely stacked... perhaps owernship drinks the kool aid and they do some dealing. I'm guessing the Twins best bet woudl be to go for the injured pitcher... nice ceiling and low value due to surgery.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
The Orioles are a terrible match for the Twins and anyone quite frankly. They have nothing good to trade for in their farm system (except Bundy and Machado who can't be touched). It may be a good destination for Jamey Carroll, but no one else really.

glunn
07-12-2012, 10:40 PM
The Orioles are a terrible match for the Twins and anyone quite frankly. They have nothing good to trade for in their farm system (except Bundy and Machado who can't be touched). It may be a good destination for Jamey Carroll, but no one else really.

It's good to hear that at least one other team has a crummy farm system.

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-12-2012, 11:58 PM
To bad the Orioles couldn't use a guy like Capps.

A Capps for Tillman swap would only make to much sense in my opinion. Unfortunately, Tillman isn't enough if we were to give them Liriano or anyone else of value on this club.

jdogg4949
07-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Schoop is worth considering, he would be right behind Rosario as our top middle infield prospect.

Excerpt from ESPNs Keith Law (ranked Schoop #56 prospecting entering the year, after the draft still has him in the 50-75 range)
"Schoop (pronounced "skope," which rhymes with "Knope 2012") is a future power hitter in search of a permanent position, spending time last year at third base, shortstop and eventually second base after a surprise promotion to high Class A at age 19.
He gets great extension through the zone, controlling the bat head well, with a balanced, rotational swing that should produce power as he matures. He's a below-average runner who was signed as a shortstop but is likely to outgrow the position; he has the arm for third base and the bat profiles there, so the question is whether the Orioles want to push him to second base for more upside while risking injury. I'd leave him at third and let him focus on hitting, which he does quite well.
An interesting quirk in his stats after the promotion to high-A: He went homerless and hit just .218/.290/.259 in his first 38 games there, but hit .322/.368/.487 with five homers afterwards. That's a sign he knows how to make adjustments."