PDA

View Full Version : Article: Kyle Gibson Makes First Rehab Start

Seth Stohs
07-10-2012, 02:28 PM
You can view the page at http://www.twinsdaily.com/content.php?781-Kyle-Gibson-Makes-First-Rehab-Start

tobynotjason
07-10-2012, 02:33 PM
very good news.

Brock Beauchamp
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Happy happy joy joy.

Move Span for a pitcher, pick up a decent starter in the offseason, get Gibson healthy, and this team has the makings of a non-embarrassing starting rotation.

jorgenswest
07-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Additionally John Shipley reported his velocity was 91-94. I assume he threw all fastballs.

James
07-10-2012, 04:20 PM
That is great news! Go Gibson!!!

Thrylos
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Additionally John Shipley reported his velocity was 91-94. I assume he threw all fastballs.

I was going to ask whether anyone had any first hand information about velocity, but I saw this. I am sure that Shipley's info is second hand the best. The only way to get velocity info for GCL games is by standing behind the table with the radar, just outside the fence where they are charting the pitches. and peek. Wonder if anyone around here did that for Gibson's appearance :)

Seth Stohs
07-10-2012, 04:51 PM
As is written above, Shipley is getting the information from Rob Antony. I'm not certain if Antony is in Ft. Myers, but he would be the most knowledgeable person about what happened in Ft. Myers.

ashburyjohn
07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I have been completely discounting Gibson from making a contribution before two years post-surgery, if ever. So progress like this is really a welcome bit of news, which I will try to continue discounting for a while yet. :)

diehardtwinsfan
07-10-2012, 07:49 PM
while it's nice to see him back, let's temper things a bit... 1 inning against rookie league competition where his fastball velo looked good.... he still has a long long long way to go.

Seth Stohs
07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
while it's nice to see him back, let's temper things a bit... 1 inning against rookie league competition where his fastball velo looked good.... he still has a long long long way to go.

No one is saying that he's ready to come up and start on Friday for the Twins. But as written, it's another step in the process, a successful step. It's the normal process, and it is good news. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Mchans24
07-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Greinke, diamond, Gibson, (FA Lefty), Hendriks. Next season!! Too wishful of thinking, not if Terry can copy Chuck Fletcher!!

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow, this is awesome that he is already throwing in live games. Even if the results were 1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER I'd still be happy. The fact he looked solid on the mound is icing on the cake.

While a septemeber callup would be nice, I am pumped at the thought of him competing (and most likely earning) a spot in the rotation out of spring training next year. People seem to forget he was the #34 prospect in baseball before the injury. And though his 2011 ERA etc don't look the most impressive, his perphrials actually looked very impressive, including his increased k/rate.

I still have faith he can become a very nice #2 in the major leagues with his GB% and his improved strike out rate. A poor mans #1 isn't completely out of the question as well!

glunn
07-10-2012, 11:03 PM
I am very happy to read this. Even a #3 starter would be a blessing next year.

raindog
07-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Greinke, diamond, Gibson, (FA Lefty), Hendriks. Next season!! Too wishful of thinking, not if Terry can copy Chuck Fletcher!!

Wishful thinking, indeed. Would love to see it, though. Am I wrong in thinking the Twins payroll on the books for next year is around 65 million? I know that's without counting arbitration salaries, but that should leave quite a bit of payroll if we stay around 100 million. So.. Enough money for Greinke?

Wishful thinking...

EDIT: Yeah, just read Bonnes' recent payroll post. I was quite a bit off.

diehardtwinsfan
07-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Wow, this is awesome that he is already throwing in live games. Even if the results were 1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER I'd still be happy. The fact he looked solid on the mound is icing on the cake.

While a septemeber callup would be nice, I am pumped at the thought of him competing (and most likely earning) a spot in the rotation out of spring training next year. People seem to forget he was the #34 prospect in baseball before the injury. And though his 2011 ERA etc don't look the most impressive, his perphrials actually looked very impressive, including his increased k/rate.

I still have faith he can become a very nice #2 in the major leagues with his GB% and his improved strike out rate. A poor mans #1 isn't completely out of the question as well!

Yes, I do hope he returns to the top 100 in the near future, and while his peripherals were excellent, he needed more time in the minors. Instead he lost that to TJ. The Twins would be wise to plan on him spending 2013 in Rochester to get used to piching again and to get a bit more polish. Expecting him to start in Minnesota in 2013 is not wise. Yes, he could prove me wrong, but I'd say the odds are not in favor of him doing so.

nicksaviking
07-11-2012, 03:28 PM
If the Twins don't sign a big name free agent pitcher, and it's likely they will not, they are going to get so much pressure from the fan base to bring up Gibson. Unless he's dominating AAA, I hope they don't cave, but barring a setback, I doubt they will be able to resist a callup any later than the All-Star break 2013.

YourHouseIsMyHouse
07-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I think an innings limit for Gibson next year would be a good plan.

Mchans24
07-11-2012, 10:57 PM
I just keep hoping Grienke will want to stay in a smaller market and the Twins will do something out of character for not one of there own!!

Mr. Ed
07-13-2012, 11:42 AM
today, Gibson .2 IP 2h/R/BB/Solo HR

mike wants wins
07-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Why would it be good to have him in Rochester next year? He was ready this year, probably, pre-injury. Now he'll do rehab for almost half a year. Why wait another year, if he's ready?

greengoblinrulz
07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
I think an innings limit for Gibson next year would be a good plan.
Last Twins starter that had TJ surgery was Francisco Liriano. He threw a combined 199.2IP in that first year back after 18 months or so of rehab & his arm was sound. Liriano problems have been command, not arm.
Will be interesting if the do the same with Gibson & possibly Baker or take what I percieve as the wimp way out as Washington is

diehardtwinsfan
07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Why would it be good to have him in Rochester next year? He was ready this year, probably, pre-injury. Now he'll do rehab for almost half a year. Why wait another year, if he's ready?

I'm not sure he was "ready." His peripherals looked great but the results did not match up. I'm not one to buy this as "unlucky" as much as I am that he still needed to work on a few things before the results start showing up in the stats. Now you have a major injury that essentially takes him out for a year adn typically takes another half season or so to develop. As such, I'd let him work those kinks out in Rochester... certainly if he's dominating you can rethink the issue, but expecting him to contribute in Minnesota come next year is not wise.

minn55441
07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Last Twins starter that had TJ surgery was Francisco Liriano. He threw a combined 199.2IP in that first year back after 18 months or so of rehab & his arm was sound. Liriano problems have been command, not arm.
Will be interesting if the do the same with Gibson & possibly Baker or take what I percieve as the wimp way out as Washington is

Do you really think the Nationals will shut down Strasburg in the midst of a pennant race? I'll believe it when I see it. Every time I have heard Strasburg himself questioned about an innings limit this year he has responded that no one has spoken to him about it. In the long run it would probably be better for him, but that is sometimes a difficult decision to make. What is best for the long term development of the player vs what the team needs in the game today, tomorrow and the rest of the season.

greengoblinrulz
07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
only cause they did the same with Jordan Zimmerman, tho it wasnt in a pennant race
They pitched him 70.2 combined IP in 2010 & 160 in 2011. Dont believe it has to be so cut & dry but depending on how the circumstances are with the pitcher (performance, how seasons goin, is he tiring)
Strasburg did 44.1 combined IP in his first year back last season....both had ACL surgeries about the same time of the yr (aug/sept) as Gibson.
Again MNs history was to go fullbore with Liriano when he was back...we'll see next yr I guess

kab21
07-13-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure he was "ready." His peripherals looked great but the results did not match up. I'm not one to buy this as "unlucky" as much as I am that he still needed to work on a few things before the results start showing up in the stats. Now you have a major injury that essentially takes him out for a year adn typically takes another half season or so to develop. As such, I'd let him work those kinks out in Rochester... certainly if he's dominating you can rethink the issue, but expecting him to contribute in Minnesota come next year is not wise.

I think he was injured before he completely blew out his elbow and that probably explains the poor results. He had been shut down at one point IIRC. Here are his splits in 2011

April - 3.15 ERA - 26% K rate - 5% BB rate
May - 3.86 ERA - 26% K rate - 5% BB rate
June - 5.17 ERA - 18% K rate - 9% BB rate
July - 11 ERA - 11% K rate - 11% BB rate

He was ready imo. Hopefully he can get back to that point and be a May/June callup next year.

One other complaint in this thread - Why does Joe Mays name get brought up? Yes, he had TJ but he was awful before TJ. He's not an example of someone that didn't recover from TJ. He's somebody that wasn't as good as Blackburn that came crashing back to earth and TJ was blamed for his crash.

greengoblinrulz
07-13-2012, 06:29 PM
I think he was injured before he completely blew out his elbow and that probably explains the poor results. He had been shut down at one point IIRC. Here are his splits in 2011

April - 3.15 ERA - 26% K rate - 5% BB rate
May - 3.86 ERA - 26% K rate - 5% BB rate
June - 5.17 ERA - 18% K rate - 9% BB rate
July - 11 ERA - 11% K rate - 11% BB rate

He was ready imo. Hopefully he can get back to that point and be a May/June callup next year.

One other complaint in this thread - Why does Joe Mays name get brought up? Yes, he had TJ but he was awful before TJ. He's not an example of someone that didn't recover from TJ. He's somebody that wasn't as good as Blackburn that came crashing back to earth and TJ was blamed for his crash.

Mays was a one yr wonder (one yr..01.. was All Star yr tho) so I wouldnt degrade him that much, but he had really lost his stuff the 2 full yrs before the surgery

kab21
07-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Mays was a one yr wonder (one yr..01.. was All Star yr tho) so I wouldnt degrade him that much, but he had really lost his stuff the 2 full yrs before the surgery

Joe Mays before surgery
4.37 ERA
surgery

He was bad before his one good year and he was bad after. He shouldn't even be mentioned as someone that didn't make it back from TJ.

Neither should Liriano. He came back from TJ surgery with his man weight. Does anybody remember/have the picture in spring training? The problem was that his man weight was 20-30 lbs of baby fat because he sat around eating Ho-hos instead of doing rehab. I really wish I had that photo. It pretty much explains my dislike for Liriano and it's not a surprise that he is absolutely awful at the beginning of every season.

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Do you really think the Nationals will shut down Strasburg in the midst of a pennant race? I'll believe it when I see it. Every time I have heard Strasburg himself questioned about an innings limit this year he has responded that no one has spoken to him about it. In the long run it would probably be better for him, but that is sometimes a difficult decision to make. What is best for the long term development of the player vs what the team needs in the game today, tomorrow and the rest of the season.

All indications are that they will, IP is a weird thing to judge by, they should have a "pitch limit" if I were the Nationals I would find a reason to DL him for a couple weeks, then give him extra rest between starts(skip when they can). If I were them I would give him 11 more starts this season with capping the majority at 5 or 6 IP. Then you at least leave a few starts left for the playoffs if need be.

Would be interesting if it came down to the playoffs if they would stick him in the pen (if he was right on that IP limit)

greengoblinrulz
07-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Joe Mays before surgery
4.37 ERA
surgery

He was bad before his one good year and he was bad after. He shouldn't even be mentioned as someone that didn't make it back from TJ.

Neither should Liriano. He came back from TJ surgery with his man weight. Does anybody remember/have the picture in spring training? The problem was that his man weight was 20-30 lbs of baby fat because he sat around eating Ho-hos instead of doing rehab. I really wish I had that photo. It pretty much explains my dislike for Liriano and it's not a surprise that he is absolutely awful at the beginning of every season.

I am agrreing with ya that Mays was horrible the 2 yrs before/after his all star yr....so he just got back to his bad yrs after TJ surgery.
Liriano was excellent in his first yr back. His first 3 MN starts were horrible, but after rehabbing in ROC, his numbers after his recall were his best in his MN yrs.
11 starts 6w 1L 65.2IP 59h .236BAA 2.74ERA 60k 19bb
This was his best yr with the Twins since TJ surgery

kab21
07-13-2012, 08:56 PM
I am agrreing with ya that Mays was horrible the 2 yrs before/after his all star yr....so he just got back to his bad yrs after TJ surgery.
Liriano was excellent in his first yr back. His first 3 MN starts were horrible, but after rehabbing in ROC, his numbers after his recall were his best in his MN yrs.
11 starts 6w 1L 65.2IP 59h .236BAA 2.74ERA 60k 19bb
This was his best yr with the Twins since TJ surgery

Further evidence that Liriano isn't a great example of a pitcher that struggled because of TJ?

Badsmerf
07-13-2012, 09:26 PM
So the point of this thread is that Gibson (and Baker IMO) contributing next year isn't out of the question.

Mr. Ed
07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
July 18

Gibson allows double/single to first 2 batters in GCL Rehab start.

then 4 straight ground outs, a soft liner to SS and another ground out.

2IP 2H/2R

greengoblinrulz
07-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Further evidence that Liriano isn't a great example of a pitcher that struggled because of TJ?
Liriano's struggles have 100% been due to command ......not the TJ surgery.

Terry Ryan said Gibson may have 1 (today) or 2 more GCL outings before heading to Ft Myers. He also debunked my thought that Gibson could earn a Sept callup to get himself more innings......thought was right tho as they will send him to instructional league to get more Sept innings & if all goes well, the AFL in Oct to get him around 75 IP he hopes.

edavis0308
07-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Gibson maybe being able to make the starting rotation next year after coming off a severe arm surgery is just like making a trade.

greengoblinrulz
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
My prediction for next spring is Gibson goes to ROC for a month & after that he's the first one recalled.
Blackburn, due only to money, is the 5th starter---team will say he's throwing like he did 3 yrs ago---but will get bludgeoned again by mid/late May & we see Gibson around June 1.....give or take. It will allow the team to monitor his innings in AAA & not create a panic if he has a bad outing.

drjim
07-18-2012, 09:17 PM
My prediction for next spring is Gibson goes to ROC for a month & after that he's the first one recalled.
Blackburn, due only to money, is the 5th starter---team will say he's throwing like he did 3 yrs ago---but will get bludgeoned again by mid/late May & we see Gibson around June 1.....give or take. It will allow the team to monitor his innings in AAA & not create a panic if he has a bad outing.

This. And its the right way to handle the situation. Because of the contract Blackburn will get one more chance and Gibson does need to have his innings monitored.

darin617
07-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Gibson maybe being able to make the starting rotation next year after coming off a severe arm surgery is just like making a trade.

This is the dumbest comment I have heard in a while. That is just a cheap team's excuse for not signing someone when they bring someone up through the system to plug a hole. The Twins are no longer a small market team and need to quit pretending so they can make the leap back to actually contending again in the future.

Brock Beauchamp
07-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Before calling someone's comment dumb, you should probably read their posts more closely to see if they're being snarky or not.

I'm about 109% sure that edavis was joking with that comment.

Badsmerf
07-19-2012, 07:26 AM

You beat me to it.

Seth Stohs
07-19-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't think that the Twins would start the season with Gibson in the rotation. I do think that he will be close to ready and could still be the first to be promoted.

PseudoSABR
07-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Righthander Kyle Gibson, on the comeback trail from Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery, threw a six-pitch scoreless inning on Saturday for the Gulf Coast League Twins in a 5-1 loss to the GCL Red Sox in Fort Myers, Fla., then threw about 15 more pitches in the bullpen.

Mr. Ed
07-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Gibson Tuesday (7/24)

2 perfect innings for GCL
3 groundouts/1 flyout/2Ks

Brock Beauchamp
07-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Gibson Tuesday (7/24)

2 perfect innings for GCL
3 groundouts/1 flyout/2Ks

I cannot wait for Gibson to be in a Twins uniform. Outside of Kyle and Hendriks, there isn't much pitching help on the way in the next two years.

twinscowboysbulls
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
I cannot wait for Gibson to be in a Twins uniform. Outside of Kyle and Hendriks, there isn't much pitching help on the way in the next two years.

Truly one of the few things to get excited about right now other than the trade deadline.

mike wants wins
07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Very cool. I would hope ftl is coming soon for him.

Badsmerf
07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I bet they try to get him up to 75 pitches before sneding him to Fort Myers.

Seth Stohs
07-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Gibson tweeted today that he'll be making four more GCL appearances before being sent to an affiliate... which I would assume would be Ft. Myers to start with.

Nick Nelson
07-25-2012, 12:37 AM
What are the chances Gibson could make an appearance for the Twins this year as a September call-up?

PseudoSABR
07-25-2012, 01:22 AM
What are the chances Gibson could make an appearance for the Twins this year as a September call-up?
He's not on the 40 man, so I'd say pretty low. I know it's just a roster move, but it's enough to make the Twins poo-poo the idea.

kab21
07-25-2012, 02:54 AM
If they were a contender and they needed an arm then maybe but just let him go to the AFL and don't start the clock.

Seth Stohs
07-25-2012, 04:39 AM

He has to be added following the season anyway, so there is a chance. I think he'd have to pitch really well for the Twins to consider the September call up, and even then they might not because they want him to pitch in the Arizona Fall League to get some extra innings. It'll be interesting to see how much they push him. So far, all has gone really well, no set backs. Hopefully that continues. He knew the Strasburg path from a year earlier, and he's been able to stay on that same path.

Badsmerf
07-25-2012, 06:35 AM
I don't think his clock would start because you need a certain amount of IP or PA for that to happen right? Even if they had him make a few starts, I don't think he would come near that number. I think it will depend on how he does and if the Twins think he can compete for the starting rotation out of spring training.

snepp
07-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Service time accumulates every day you're on the active roster.

Badsmerf
07-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Service time accumulates every day you're on the active roster.

Right, but what you're really worried about when bringing up a prospect is having them become a super 2 with arb. I forget the exact qualifying numbers, but bringing them up in september would have little impact on it if the Twins plan to have him in the rotation from day 1 next year. If they don't, then there isn't much of a point to have him up unless they let him start.

Mr. Ed
07-31-2012, 12:04 PM
3 innings today (7/31) for Gibson in the GCL

H/7K

mike wants wins
07-31-2012, 12:24 PM
No idea why he is still in the gcl at this point. Not sure I understand the thinking. He throwing the same way in either league, right?

Thrylos
07-31-2012, 12:33 PM
No idea why he is still in the gcl at this point. Not sure I understand the thinking. He throwing the same way in either league, right?

Good question and there is a method to the madness and a lot of players at other levels rehab at Fort Myers at the GCL league versus the FSL (high A - Miracle). Has to do with the time of the games and the level of the competition, but mainly the first. Games start in the morning. Usually 10AM sometimes 9:30. They are in a side ballpark with little league type stands and are free to watch. So no pressure and not 4-5000 people. And no heat and humidity. Also the competition is much much less, so you achieve successes and build on them. Might get to NB next I suspect.

gunnarthor
07-31-2012, 12:34 PM

I suspect they don't want him to overthrow yet so they'll keep him playing against lesser competition for a bit. They don't want him to be tempted to put a little extra on something or try and spin a pitch with a little extra on it. They just want him to get back in the swing of things and he can wait a bit before worrying about the level of competition. They'll probably send him to AFL.

TD Mac
07-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Reason for rehabbing in the GCL is twofold. First, rehab is designated as just that. The lower caliber player allows for rehabbing player to focus more on the process and not get as caught up in the results (human nature). 2nd, gametimes being earlier in the day allow for easier postgame rehab (including add'l exercises and treament).

Seth Stohs
07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Correct, they need to respect the process... they need to be patient and cautious... he's been on pace as planned, no set backs... need to think big picture.

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
3 innings today (7/31) for Gibson in the GCL

H/7K

That is super encouraging.

mike wants wins
07-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Learn something everyday....thx

righty8383
07-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Struck out the 1st 6 batters he faced!

shs_59
07-31-2012, 02:28 PM
YES Yeah buddy
Gibby is on the comeback trail.... he's our Scott Baker V 2.0.

Gibby and Baker in the 2 and 3 slots in the rotation by mid-season next yr. and Diamond and Hendriks or De Vries or Dedundo in the back end isn't too shabby.

just need that top or opening day starter.... Shawn Marcum? - Klye Lohse? - ANibal Sanchez?

Sanchez would get my vote...

kab21
07-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Right, but what you're really worried about when bringing up a prospect is having them become a super 2 with arb. I forget the exact qualifying numbers, but bringing them up in september would have little impact on it if the Twins plan to have him in the rotation from day 1 next year. If they don't, then there isn't much of a point to have him up unless they let him start.

Super 2 is one reason to delay his callup but delaying his FA is another. If you wait until May 2013 to call him he'll be a super 2 but there will be one additional year before he is eligible for FA. That is a big deal and more important than super 2 imo. Super 2 costs money but the player is still in the org.

Badsmerf
07-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, I don't want to look up the info, and I'm sure there are noobs on here that have no idea what a super 2 is. So (common voice)... If Gibson were to come up this Sept. then sent back to AAA until May of 2013, he would then probably qualify as a super 2 since in 2013 he would get enough innings. If they waited until mid June he might not quality, since he might not get enough innings. However, the IP or PA varies slightly every year right? So, even if he becomes a super 2, why would his appearance in September have anything to do with it? A player has a certain number of years of service time before arb (3 right?). So, a super 2 would basically mean 2013 would count as an arb year, regardless of his appearance in 2012. Like I said, I'm not looking this up and will take your word for it if I'm wrong.

diehardtwinsfan
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
I think he'd need to pitch a bit more than this September to be a super 2 for 2015.. The problem is that there's no guarantee his arb clock should even be starting in 2013. Unless he's actually dominating in Rochester come May of next year, I'd imagine he's going to spend most of that season down there... which will make him a super 2 for the 2016 season.

Badsmerf
07-31-2012, 09:48 PM
I think he'd need to pitch a bit more than this September to be a super 2 for 2015.. The problem is that there's no guarantee his arb clock should even be starting in 2013. Unless he's actually dominating in Rochester come May of next year, I'd imagine he's going to spend most of that season down there... which will make him a super 2 for the 2016 season.

Correct... I think. The amount he would pitch in Sept this year wouldn't make as much of a difference as when the Twins call him up next year.

Jeremy Nygaard
07-31-2012, 09:57 PM
With the new CBA, the top 22% of players with less than 3 years of service will be a "Super 2". (That number is up from 17% previously).

So, long story longer, more players will be Super-2s pushing the service time cutoff down (and making that "call-up" date even earlier). Follow?

At any rate, it's impossible to know what that cutoff will be, but if that's a consideration, I wouldn't call him up until at least the end of June.

Badsmerf
07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
With the new CBA, the top 22% of players with less than 3 years of service will be a "Super 2". (That number is up from 17% previously).

So, long story longer, more players will be Super-2s pushing the service time cutoff down (and making that "call-up" date even earlier). Follow?

At any rate, it's impossible to know what that cutoff will be, but if that's a consideration, I wouldn't call him up until at least the end of June.

I knew it was a percentage, just didn't have the exact number. That extra 5% must be a compromise for the hard slot. I like it though. Teams should be more concerned with development than when they will actually have to start paying a player... In theory at least. There will always be situations like the O's and Weiters where it is obvious and just stupid to deny the reason for not calling a guy up.

kab21
08-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Correct... I think. The amount he would pitch in Sept this year wouldn't make as much of a difference as when the Twins call him up next year.

The amount that you pitch does not matter. Super 2 and when you can become a FA depends entirely on the amount of service time (days on the MLB roster) that you have.

But I thought it was already decided said that he was going to the AFL in September.

diehardtwinsfan
08-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Gibson said he's going to the AFL, so I'd assume that has been decided. That doesn't count towards service time though.

SpiritofVodkaDave
08-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Gibson said he's going to the AFL, so I'd assume that has been decided. That doesn't count towards service time though.
Yeah, I think it probably means we won't see him in Minnesota this Sept as they will still be cautious with his innings.

Brock Beauchamp
08-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I think it probably means we won't see him in Minnesota this Sept as they will still be cautious with his innings.

I didn't really expect him to be in Minnesota this September anyway and I'm okay with that.

70charger
08-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I didn't really expect him to be in Minnesota this September anyway and I'm okay with that.

Yeah, I think September was overly ambitious anyway. At the very least, I'd expect to see him up next September. If all goes well, hopefully sooner.

SweetOne69
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I think September was overly ambitious anyway. At the very least, I'd expect to see him up next September. If all goes well, hopefully sooner.

I expect to see him no later than May.

East Coast Twin
08-10-2012, 06:44 AM
According to La Velle Neal yesterday, Kyle is scheduled to pitch Sunday for Fort Myers and the Twins are hoping he can pitch in Rochester before the end of the season.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/165618926.html

Seth Stohs
08-10-2012, 06:59 AM
This has been the plan all along, and it's amazing they have been able to stick to it. To this point, no setbacks. Hopefully that continues.

Jeremy Nygaard
08-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Kyle Gibson was promoted (?) to the Fort Myers Miracle today. Unfortunately, it appears that their game has been cancelled. I believe Pavano was scheduled to start and Gibson was going to follow, though I may have that wrong.

shs_59
08-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Anibal Sanchez, Nick Blackburn, Scott Diamond, Scott Baker, Kyle Gibson, Liam Hendriks.

those are the front 6. in 2013 for me.

Badsmerf
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Blackburn will start in the rotation in place of Baker or Gibson, and be DFA by June.