PDA

View Full Version : Chris Parmelee vs. Sean Burroughs

Shane Wahl
07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Chris Parmelee has had 112 plate appearances with the Twins (.190/.277/.290) and 60 plate appearances in Rochester (.375/.500/.708).

Sean Burroughs: 18 plate appearances with the Twins (too small of a sample to post numbers) and 175 plate appearances in Rochester (.288/.333/.362).

Yes, Burroughs has come to the plate 21 more times this year than Parmelee.

I just cannot understand this kind of treatment of a prospect who obviously could have used 200+ plate appearances in Rochester this year so far.

And Burroughs is just the main LH option. Matt Carson would be another player to compare Parmelee to.

powrwrap
07-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Chris Parmelee has had 112 plate appearances with the Twins (.190/.277/.290) and 60 plate appearances in Rochester (.375/.500/.708).

I just cannot understand this kind of treatment of a prospect who obviously could have used 200+ plate appearances in Rochester this year so far.

Are you suggesting that Parmelee should be in Rochester? If so, what's he going to prove down there? He's got an OPS of 1.208. He needs to get more at bats up in the majors.

IdahoPilgrim
07-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I have to admit, I wonder about the inconsistency. They play Dozier every day, when Casilla/Carroll would be a better bet, because they want him to get big-league experience to help him develop. But then they let Parmelee sit, instead of getting big league experience. My own feeling is that Parmelee has more upside than Dozier.

FrodaddyG
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Are you suggesting that Parmelee should be in Rochester? If so, what's he going to prove down there? He's got an OPS of 1.208. He needs to get more at bats up in the majors.
While it would be preferable to get them in the bigs, if he isn't playing here more than once or twice a week, he should be playing in Rochester every day. It's stifling his production to have him serve as a backup 1B/5th corner OF/occasional pinch hitter and only get a handful of plate appearances a week.

greengoblinrulz
07-04-2012, 11:48 AM
the Twins have taken the stance that AAA is for the washed up vet hitters & AA is the place for prospcts to play fulltime. They let Chris get a full yr in there last yr to get his ABs....no AAA promotion. He is better than a washed up vet, but they believe he has done all he needs in minors.

stringer bell
07-04-2012, 11:57 AM
the Twins have taken the stance that AAA is for the washed up vet hitters & AA is the place for prospcts to play fulltime. They let Chris get a full yr in there last yr to get his ABs....no AAA promotion. He is better than a washed up vet, but they believe he has done all he needs in minors.

He needs to play. If Morneau is starting at first 90% of the time, and Mauer most of the other 10%, there really isn't room for Parmelee. With the short starts by Hendriks and Blackburn, short term it may help the team to bring up another pitcher.

I think they should recall a starter and banish Blackburn to the bullpen, while sending Parmelee to Rochester. 60 plate appearances at Rochester isn't enough to say that h Parmelee has "done all he can" at that level. This was his first taste of AAA and he can benefit from more time there, perhaps just as Dozier could.

Shane Wahl
07-04-2012, 12:02 PM
A: The notion that AAA is the place for washed up vets, if that is the Twins' view, is stupid.
B: Parmelee's production in AAA was great in 60 PA. That is a very small sample. He needs to be playing there to actually see if he can build off of his NOT great AA numbers. Have people forgotten that he was merely good at AA last year? What in the hell!?
C: "I think they should recall a starter and banish Blackburn to the bullpen, while sending Parmelee to Rochester." --This is probably correct. I was just assuming that Gardenhire is all demando about a left-handed bat on the bench. So . . . Sam Deduno would be the guy, probably. Wow.

drjim
07-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Pretty much every team in baseball views AAA as a place for washed up vets and depth guys. This is not unique to the Twins, there are few impact prospects at the level.

SpiritofVodkaDave
07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
The way they have handled Parmelee this past month or so is perplexing, I'm sure he doesn't mind though as he is making a few thousand more a week then in AAA.
I keep wondering if they are inching towards a Span trade more and more every day.

one_eyed_jack
07-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Parmalee just needs to play. If you can't find a way to get him AB's with the Twins, send him down.

He's not going to get better by sitting and watching big league pitchers from the dugout.

Rosterman
07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Not sure why Parmelee was up here. Burroughs would be a better choice, now, off the bench (and can play first and third). The Twins do have two openings on the 40-man.

Blackburn replaces Robertson or Waldrop in the bullpen. Walters back after the beak. Bring up another guy let's see French or Dudono...see what these minors free agents bring to the table.

Oxtung
07-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Pretty much every team in baseball views AAA as a place for washed up vets and depth guys. This is not unique to the Twins, there are few impact prospects at the level.

Atlanta, St. Louis, Arizona, Yankees, Detroit, Seattle, KC, Colorado and Toronto disagree with you. They all have or had at least one top twenty player playing in AAA this year.