PDA

View Full Version : Other Favorite Players to Follow

Cody Christie
06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Along the same lines as the post I put up the other day, who are your favorite non-Twins players to follow across the baseball world? :confused:

Are they former Twins players, up-and-coming young stars, or veterans from around both leagues?

Let the discussion begin.

Cody Christie
06-26-2012, 11:41 PM
The top 5 players I like to follow on other teams (in no particular order):

1. Wilson Ramos
2. Buster Posey
3. Troy Tulowitzki
4. Jacoby Ellsbury
5. Mike Trout

I suppose it's not a good sign that three of the players are hurt at this point...

one_eyed_jack
06-27-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm a Tulo fan as well.

I've always thought highly of Jim Thome - before, during and after his time with the Twins.

Jose Bautista. Andrew McCutchen. Dustin Pedroia.

Ichiro can be fun to watch.

notoriousgod71
06-27-2012, 12:57 AM
1. Halladay
2. Bautista
3. Cody Ross
4. Strasburg
5. Napoli

glanzer
06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Aside from former Twins, especially the feel-good R.A. Dickey stories, I don't follow individual opposing players.

Top Gun
06-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I haven't missed a boxscore in 5 years, so I fallow them all.

biggentleben
06-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Albert Pujols is a top one from neither of the two teams I follow most closely.

One Brave that I've been following up to his recent promotion to the majors is Andrelton Simmons. He's as close to Ozzie as I've ever seen defensively, and he's got sneaky power in his bat as well. He's already a top 10 shortstop in WAR this year and he's only been up for about a month.

twinzgrl
06-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Even though I HATE the Yankees, I really enjoy Curtis Granderson. He played in the Northwoods League in the early 2000's for the Mankato Mashers (now Moondogs) and was such a classy guy. Still is...does lots of charity stuff, wears his socks high in honor of the Negro leaguers, very friendly. And I'll always root for Torii Hunter.

fatbeer
06-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Josh Hamilton back in the day it was Robin Ventura

Twins Fan From Afar
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Right now, Bryce Harper. I'm not ready to say I'm a fan, but he is captivating and I find myself looking at the Nationals' box score and highlights to find out what he has done (stretching a single into a double like Paul Molitor; swinging a bat in the dugout tunnel, resulting in a large cut to his head).

awstafki
06-27-2012, 03:34 PM
I've always been a big Matt Cain fan. Watching him pitch that perfect game is probably one of my most favorite non-Twins baseball moments.

Mike Trout is another guy I like watching.

Riverbrian
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Bryce Harper for sure-- What can't he do... He Can Run, Hit the ball a long ways. Cannon for an arm and right now he's giving it everything he's got... Hard not to love watching the kid play.

Mike Trout -- The combination of Harper and Trout coming up at the same time is a whole new level for baseball. Kinda like Bird/Magic.

Carlos Gomez!!! I wish to God he was still in a Twins uniform.

Brett Lawrie is another gamer... Goes hard all the time that is fun to watch.

Hamilton, Cano, Heyward are the guys I watch for their skill alone. Heyward hasn't really shown it yet but he looks good failing.

SEC
06-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Adam Jones
Jordan Zimmermann
Brett Lawrie
Curtis Granderson
Nick Punto
Andrew McCutchen

powrwrap
07-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Evan Longoria
Justin Verlander