PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Battleyourtailoff.com

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 08:03 AM
I will name my first born child, BYTO after you :(

fgobuzz
06-26-2012, 08:16 AM
As long as its middle name is Ittti. Man am I going to miss that site!

ChiTownTwinsFan
06-26-2012, 08:29 AM
me too ... it kept me sane living amongst the 'enemy' here in near south chicago

stringer bell
06-26-2012, 08:38 AM
BYTO will be missed. TD needs to accomodate the snark, humor and craziness that was a fun part of the site.

GCTF
06-26-2012, 08:44 AM
What gives? I thought the Pig said noon.

jctwins
06-26-2012, 08:48 AM

Noon Canada time. The internet is just getting there around noon if it leaves the mainland at 8 a.m.

FirstRoundBust
06-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Noon Canada time. The internet is just getting there around noon if it leaves the mainland at 8 a.m.

They have the Internet in Canada? Who knew.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 09:00 AM

I said "by noon". DNS propagation is a funny thing. You never know how long it's going to take. In this case, it was about 20 minutes.

batista4goldglove
06-26-2012, 09:01 AM
I will name my first born child, BYTO after you :(

About time someone did.

batista4goldglove
06-26-2012, 09:10 AM

BYTO would have been good for 94 points in the deadpool.

RIP BYTO
06-26-2012, 09:27 AM
It was a slow painful death but I am glad it's finally over. It was hard watching it suffer as long as it did.

Hornhead
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Sad to see the site go the way of the dodo. Much thanks to RP and others for all the effort over the years. Surely the current state of the Twins played some role, but I'm sure the BYTO spirit will live on.

Milkman
06-26-2012, 11:07 AM
RP, I never got a chance to thank you for all the hard work you put in. I wanted to do so over on the BYTO board but never got the chance(combination of being a lazy ass and then spent yesterday in hospital waiting rooms with a dead phone). I mostly lurked but enjoyed every snarky and informative comment. Now I'm going to have to get a new homepage.

rnw24
06-26-2012, 11:10 AM
sad day, almost like losing a family member. hope this site can be half as good.

UCLA_YANKEE_COLA
06-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah, sad to see BYTO go. I hope we can swear here.

twinscowboysbulls
06-26-2012, 11:26 AM
It was a great 6 years. Thanks RP for all the work ya did to keep it going over the years. We had a lot of laughs over there and most of them I'll forget, but never will I forget itstimetogetreadys meltdown.

Of course, byto.com gets some serious recognition from Gardy in his post game chat the day before it is shutdown...I knew he lurked our site for ideas. Is there any chance we can just add another forum sub-page for BYTO'ers?

MasterBassist
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Loved it. BYTO will always be that special safe haven for basement dwellers. Time to come to the light I guess.

MasterBassist
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
It was a great 6 years. Thanks RP for all the work ya did to keep it going over the years. We had a lot of laughs over there and most of them I'll forget, but never will I forget itstimetogetreadys meltdown.

Of course, byto.com gets some serious recognition from Gardy in his post game chat the day before it is shutdown...I knew he lurked our site for ideas. Is there any chance we can just add another forum sub-page for BYTO'ers?

I thought he had mentioned battling his tail off but only caught the tail end of it. I tried finding it online but no such luck. If he did though, that's sweet. Makes it a fitting end.

DPJ
06-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I feel like I'm cheating on my lady posting here.

diehardtwinsfan
06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
same here RP.

UCLA_YANKEE_COLA
06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Alright DPJ, enough chit chat. Go piss someone off.

RIP BYTO
06-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Alright DPJ, enough chit chat. Go piss someone off.

Where is the Muttley gif when you need it? THIS FORUM NEEDS MUTTLEY!!

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Where is the Muttley gif when you need it? THIS FORUM NEEDS MUTTLEY!!

Which poster were you? At first we thought you were DPJ.

batista4goldglove
06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I feel like I'm cheating on my lady posting here.

On the day of her death.

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
On the day of her death.

I believe that is what is referred to as a John Edwards.

FrodaddyG
06-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm going to keep using my BYTO bookmark to come to this place as a memorial.

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM

We should def try to keep this thread as active as possible, perhaps it can turn into a meta critique of TD and the current Elitism levels residing there.

jctwins
06-26-2012, 12:52 PM

I was planning to do the same thing. I don't feel so dirty that way.

Vervehound
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
We should def try to keep this thread as active as possible, perhaps it can turn into a meta critique of TD and the current Elitism levels residing there.

i think the byto folks should be segregated from the rest of the td folks so our tone is more readily understood. it'd be like wearing an ed hardy shirt to a club - you've already tipped everyone off that you're a d-bag so it won't come as a surprise when you act like one.

jctwins
06-26-2012, 01:00 PM
i think the byto folks should be segregated from the rest of the td folks so our tone is more readily understood. it'd be like wearing an ed hardy shirt to a club - you've already tipped everyone off that you're a d-bag so it won't come as a surprise when you act like one.

At the least a special designation (i.e. certificate of elitism) on the profile section would KICK ASS! Rocketpig, get on it!

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM

I was thinking this could serve more of a halfway house.

DPJ
06-26-2012, 01:06 PM
At the least a special designation (i.e. certificate of elitism) on the profile section would KICK ASS! Rocketpig, get on it!

Well we are just better then everyone else.

Saul Goodman
06-26-2012, 01:17 PM
pour one out

BSP
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I never really posted much on BYTO, but read it on a daily basis. Just when I felt like contributing, the site goes bye-bye.

*sigh*

jctwins
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
RocketPig this site keeps half loading for me. Is this what you were talking about when you called it slow? Pages would load at the top and then nothing more. It's intermittent as far as I can tell.

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 01:45 PM
RocketPig this site keeps half loading for me. Is this what you were talking about when you called it slow? Pages would load at the top and then nothing more. It's intermittent as far as I can tell.
I notice that to, I think the solution is to create new pages of threads for every 5 posts (instead of 20) and we need far more 300 x 250 advertisements per page.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 01:53 PM

We're trying to merge the communities, not create a caste system. Give it time, there are plenty of great posters here at TD and it's not as if BYTO didn't have more than its fair share of village idiots.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 01:55 PM

What browser/version are you using? It happened to me a few times last night but this morning, everything is back to normal. Of course, I was using my gf's quickly-aging Macbook last night and my much faster computer this morning. I thought that may have had something to do with it.

jctwins
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
What browser/version are you using? It happened to me a few times last night but this morning, everything is back to normal. Of course, I was using my gf's quickly-aging Macbook last night and my much faster computer this morning. I thought that may have had something to do with it.

Google Chrome, and I never have similar issues on any other site on this computer, which is pretty much brand new. It says it's "up to date" so I don't know if Chrome has version numbers.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 02:03 PM
It says it's "up to date" so I don't know if Chrome has version numbers.

Hit the wrench on the right side of the browser window. Click "About Google Chrome".

hawkiconk
06-26-2012, 02:03 PM
it's a long road that never turns......

PseudoSABR
06-26-2012, 02:09 PM
This place will have to do, for now. Espn, Dtfc, byto...

snepp
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
RIP a Gold Glove second baseman with a .300 average.

TheLeviathan
06-26-2012, 02:40 PM

I thought the leather ass-less chaps were the first giveaway? T-shirt is just overkill at that point.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Welcome aboard, Levi!

TheLeviathan
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Levi!

It feels dirty though. That and with being busy lately I totally missed the death of BYTO. I thought the candle-light vigils were tongue-in-cheek until last night. So I was merrily enjoying our usual schticks at BYTO only to be forcibly moved to a dirty, sterilized place.

I believe "Verved" is the appropriate description for such an event?

jctwins
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Hit the wrench on the right side of the browser window. Click "About Google Chrome".

That's where I see Up to Date. Does 19.0.108456 behind it in parentheses mean something?

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 02:49 PM
That's where I see Up to Date. Does 19.0.108456 behind it in parentheses mean something?

Yep, that's the version and it's the same version I'm running. Are you on Mac or PC?

ChiTownTwinsFan
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM

I'm having the same difficulties ... having to hit refresh two or three times before all the page comes through. And I'm up to date on everything, using Firefox on my Mac.

jctwins
06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Yep, that's the version and it's the same version I'm running. Are you on Mac or PC?

PC. This message is too short.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm having the same difficulties ... having to hit refresh two or three times before all the page comes through. And I'm up to date on everything, using Firefox on my Mac.

Damn, that's weird. I cannot get the issue to replicate today. Time to go test it on a slower computer... This makes me wonder if it's a combination of personal internet connection, PC hardware, and server information retrieval.

ChiTownTwinsFan
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Damn, that's weird. I cannot get the issue to replicate today. Time to go test it on a slower computer... This makes me wonder if it's a combination of personal internet connection, PC hardware, and server information retrieval.

Well ... for now I'm just assuming it's on my end as I'm on ATT dsl so who knows. But my hardware and software are up to date. Once in a forum, after refreshing, it seems okay, but slow, moving to the next page. It's mostly with that initial first page. (This is OLTF btw)

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Nope, can't get it to replicate at all.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Well ... for now I'm just assuming it's on my end as I'm on ATT dsl so who knows. But my hardware and software are up to date. Once in a forum, after refreshing, it seems okay, but slow, moving to the next page. It's mostly with that initial first page. (This is OLTF btw)

Heh, I figured out who you were by the avatar and screen name.

This is a weird issue. It's almost as if the TD site is having trouble sending out the data to everyone quickly enough (the site is pretty hoppin' today from Strib referrals) and that's combining with failures in the webkit browsers (Chrome, Safari), leading to half-loaded pages.

Just speculation but that's all I gots right now.

ChiTownTwinsFan
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Heh, I figured out who you were by the avatar and screen name.

This is a weird issue. It's almost as if the TD site is having trouble sending out the data to everyone quickly enough (the site is pretty hoppin' today from Strib referrals) and that's combining with failures in the webkit browsers (Chrome, Safari), leading to half-loaded pages.

Just speculation but that's all I gots right now.

Well, whatever ... not gonna worry on it 'cause I know you'll figure it out. And how could you tell that was me from the avatar? I was like 3 or 4 and ready to face off in an old west gun battle wearing, incidentally, a 1965 AL Champs Twins shirt ... but you can't really see that. Sheesh ... can't believe my mom let me out in public like that. Anyway ... back for the game tonight ... it's time to get my nails done and buy more shoes!

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Well, whatever ... not gonna worry on it 'cause I know you'll figure it out. And how could you tell that was me from the avatar? I was like 3 or 4 and ready to face off in an old west gun battle wearing, incidentally, a 1965 AL Champs Twins shirt ... but you can't really see that. Sheesh ... can't believe my mom let me out in public like that. Anyway ... back for the game tonight ... it's time to get my nails done and buy more shoes!

Girl, Chicago, black and white picture. I figured it was you. I'm like Sherlock &^%$ing Holmes up in here.

snepp
06-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Alright, back on topic, the sudden and tragic death of BYTO.

GCTF
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
McSuckin
Delmonto Youngmente

Edit..just remembered Pitcherpottamus.

snepp
06-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Delmonto Youngmente

Or the inspiration for my avatar, Delmonatello.

Saul Goodman
06-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I for one welcome our new Twins Daily overloads. I'd like to remind them as a former BYTO poster, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in the comments sections of their extremely well penned blog posts.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Also, all of you remember that TD has an awesome built-in blog function. You all can blog and the admins regularly troll through them to promote the good ones to front page status. It's a great system, check it out.

snepp
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I can't put together more than a handful of coherent sentences at any one time, otherwise I would.

Besides, snark is best served short and sweet.

GCTF
06-26-2012, 03:57 PM

And must have a minimum of ten characters.

snepp
06-26-2012, 03:59 PM
And must have a minimum of ten characters.

Beautiful.

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Also, all of you remember that TD has an awesome built-in blog function. You all can blog and the admins regularly troll through them to promote the good ones to front page status. It's a great system, check it out.

BYTO? Blog. LOL

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 04:22 PM
BYTO is a good luck charm. When it formed in 2006, the Twins went off and started playing out of their minds, staging an epic comeback against Detroit from June through September. I'm confident in believing that they'll do the same this year.

Or not.

crapforks
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh, bother. I guess I'll stop my year plus of almost exclusively lurking to say RIP and hope this TD experiment works out. It's fun to see some of the BYTO regulars interacting with new posters already.

snepp
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh, bother. I guess I'll stop my year plus of almost exclusively lurking to say RIP and hope this TD experiment works out. It's fun to see some of the BYTO regulars interacting with new posters already.

Yay! :D

John Bonnes
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Welcome guys. And I like the phrase "Twins Daily overlords." I'm going to have to try that one with my kids. "Overlord. Call me Overlord." Or my wife.

Meh. I'll be lucky if I can get Siri to use it.

hawkiconk
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Well, whatever ... not gonna worry on it 'cause I know you'll figure it out. And how could you tell that was me from the avatar? I was like 3 or 4 and ready to face off in an old west gun battle wearing, incidentally, a 1965 AL Champs Twins shirt ... but you can't really see that. Sheesh ... can't believe my mom let me out in public like that. Anyway ... back for the game tonight ... it's time to get my nails done and buy more shoes!damn
now i know too, for better or worse:cool:

Jocko87
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
So where is all the irreverent? Where we supposed to bring that with us?

diehardtwinsfan
06-26-2012, 05:29 PM
I can't put together more than a handful of coherent sentences at any one time, otherwise I would.

which reminds me, did RP pull over the drunk thread?

jctwins
06-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Is there a way to make this ****ing video that is constantly running on the right side of the screen go away? It is annoying as hell.

snepp
06-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Is there a way to make this ****ing video that is constantly running on the right side of the screen go away? It is annoying as hell.

There's a way, but the pig would get mad at me for saying it.

USAFChief
06-26-2012, 05:46 PM
RP: Will add my thanks here to the thanks I expressed on BYTO.

Still and all, losing BYTO feels like a nonreturnable boomdaddy to the chin.

But as mentioned above, we'll probably survive...some of us were pretty sad to see DTFC go belly up. Time marches on, and all that.

IdahoPilgrim
06-26-2012, 06:01 PM

I've had the same problem the past couple of days - using IE9 on Windows 7. Never a problem before yesterday. I switch to compatibility version and then switch back and it solves problem.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I've had the same problem the past couple of days - using IE9 on Windows 7. Never a problem before yesterday. I switch to compatibility version and then switch back and it solves problem.

Hmm. That makes me think it's a server delivery issue, not a code issue. I'll keep an eye on it. If it continues to happen, definitely let me know.

ofx1
06-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Hmm. That makes me think it's a server delivery issue, not a code issue. I'll keep an eye on it. If it continues to happen, definitely let me know.

That, or maybe it's time for the cheap bastards to move beyond dial-up and AOL. Just sayin'

RIP BYTO
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
which poster were you? At first we thought you were dpj.

g.r.o.g

ChiTownTwinsFan
06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
damn
now i know too, for better or worse:cool:

lol :) good to see you

DPJ
06-26-2012, 06:13 PM
So how racist can we get in this place?

SydneyTwinsFan
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
RP
Great work on BYTO over the years - thanks for all your efforts. Hopefully all those migrating can help TDers release their inner snark.

TheLeviathan
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
So how racist can we get in this place?

Probably depends on if it's Ben Revere, Liam Hendricks, Luis Rivas, or whatever race of elf Jamie Carroll is.

I say you dip your feet in and see what passes.

Kobs
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah pig, thanks for all the work you did.

Badsmerf
06-26-2012, 06:24 PM

snepp
06-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Probably depends on if it's Ben Revere, Liam Hendricks, Luis Rivas, or whatever race of elf Jamie Carroll is.

I say you dip your feet in and see what passes.

I'm going to guess that if Gomez were still here patrolling the outfield with Denard that references like this (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/431600139_9dfca3ffff.jpg)probably wouldn't be acceptable.

Brock Beauchamp
06-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah pig, thanks for all the work you did.

Hah! Yeah, it should be pointed out that ol' Klobs did just as much work as I ever did.

DPJ
06-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm going to guess that if Gomez were still here patrolling the outfield with Denard that references like this (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/431600139_9dfca3ffff.jpg)probably wouldn't be acceptable.

If that racist gold isn't accepted around here I'll take my business elsewhere.

iastfan112
06-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Posting for solidarity with my fellow BYTOers. I do miss my bright pink username. So who's going to be the first perma banned?

TheLeviathan
06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Posting for solidarity with my fellow BYTOers. I do miss my bright pink username. So who's going to be the first perma banned?

DPJ. I predict he gets a variety of mini-bans before the Twins offseason splash of trading for Cuddyer. At which point TD gets a meltdown to remember.

diehardtwinsfan
06-26-2012, 07:30 PM

didn't VodkaDave already get that title?

snepp
06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
No, because it's not the "perma" version.

GCTF
06-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Won't be me. I wouldn't dream of saying anything even mildly inappropriate.

USAFChief
06-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Hah! Yeah, it should be pointed out that ol' Klobs did just as much work as I ever did.

Yeah, but Kobs hates Plouffe. That won't fly 'round these parts.

Shores, Esq
06-26-2012, 08:45 PM
They've gotten VodkaDave in full effect, and they still wanted BYTO to migrate here?

Give them a dose of DPJ, and let's see if they still think it's a good idea.

snepp
06-26-2012, 08:46 PM
They've gotten VodkaDave in full effect, and they still wanted BYTO to migrate here?

Give them a dose of DPJ, and let's see if they still think it's a good idea.

I refuse to acknowledge who you are until the correct avatar is properly displayed.

SpiritofVodkaDave
06-26-2012, 09:50 PM
didn't VodkaDave already get that title?

Yeah, they don't take kindly to Ghett Rhheady bait and switches around here :(

DPJ
06-26-2012, 10:26 PM
So are we just gonna take this place over with BYTO verbiage, snark, racism and sluts?

jctwins
06-26-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm just getting home from the game and find it so comforting that I can see all the same usernames, avatars, and inappropriate posts and comments that I'm used to seeing. Perhaps this may work out after all.

Anxiously awaiting a meltdown.

notoriousgod71
06-27-2012, 12:25 AM
I hope buckninetyuno finds this place.

glunn
06-27-2012, 12:49 AM
I never really paid any attention to BYTO and am not sure what caused the demise of your site. Maybe someone can explain that.

In the meantime, I would like to be the first to attempt to recruit you to Plouffetism. If you click this link you can see our clubhouse: 1377

Brock Beauchamp
06-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Okay, that's enough. BYTOers, some of you are acting like little prats. We're working hard to integrate the communities and that requires a little cooperation on your parts. That does not include making thinly-veiled threats about taking over the forum, side-stepping the rules by making obfuscated racist comments, or swearing just because you know how to spell the "f" word. You all know the rules here and they're not hard to follow. I know that in real life, you don't go over to your neighbor's house for a 4th of July cookout and then piss on their lawn and maybe some of their friends.

I'm locking this thread because the end result of this thread (which I didn't like in the first place but let slide so some of you could talk about BYTO on the day of its closure) is going to lead nowhere good.

The rules here aren't strict. Hell, in time, they may even loosen and be more to your liking. But right now, this is the first day that most of you are on the forum. It's not unreasonable to ask you all to act like adults while everyone gets used to one another. Because you're sure not making a very good impression as it stands right now.