PDA

View Full Version : Some ESPN Love for Twins Daily

Kirsten Brown
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm a fan of the ESPN Baseball Today podcast, so I was thrilled to hear Mark Simon mention Twins Daily by name on Friday's episode. He was digging in to his previous, and turns out wrongly-held, notion that Trevor Plouffe was the worst player in baseball. He referenced an article by Parker that broke down Plouffe's swing from the beginning of the season and now.

Here is a link to the ESPN Podcast Archive page: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2386164

The episode is from Friday, June 22, and the segment starts about 25 minutes in.

I thought it was cool that Simon just kind said "Twins Daily site" as if everybody should know about it.

Congrats Twins Daily and Parker!

Brock Beauchamp
06-25-2012, 01:53 PM
That's great! Parker did an excellent job of breaking down Plouffe's swing in that article. Good to see him get some pub for it.

glunn
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM
That's great! Parker did an excellent job of breaking down Plouffe's swing in that article. Good to see him get some pub for it.

Parker's article was one of the best I have ever seen anywhere.

James
06-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Parker's article was one of the best I have ever seen anywhere.
Agreed. It was fantastic. Congrats Parker.

Seth Stohs
06-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks for sharing Kirsten! That is great, exciting news!

John Bonnes
06-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Parker is so cool. I've met him, you know. Nice guy. But kind of a lame drinker.

shanemcdowell
06-25-2012, 02:56 PM
But kind of a lame drinker.

Says the guy who drank water through a month and a half of Gleeman and the Geek podcasts.

Parker Hageman
06-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Says the guy who drank water through a month and a half of Gleeman and the Geek podcasts.

What he said.

Bark's Lounge
06-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Twins Daily deserves the recognition as does Hageman - he is a very good writer. Both should get some props!

Seth Stohs
06-25-2012, 08:05 PM
If Parker is 'a lame drinker', then what does that make me?

biggentleben
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Simon is a great guy. I submitted an article I wrote for BYTO regarding September record and playoff success, and he emailed me back and forth a bit before talking about it for a chunk of one of the podcasts. I've emailed him on some baseball statistical oddities ever since, and he's chatted with me a few times via email about some findings. I do wish there was less Keith Law on that podcast, though.

UCLA_YANKEE_COLA
06-26-2012, 11:20 AM
I skip the Mark Simon podcasts and only listen to Keith Law. To each their own I suppose. Mark Simon talks like he's gleefully eating a bowl full of mashed potatoes.

Cody Christie
06-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Love the podcast so it is cool to hear the site mentioned