PDA

View Full Version : Deep fantasy baseball league

Pages : 1 [2]

kab21
12-08-2013, 01:46 AM
I don't screw around when trading. I now have opened up quite a bit of roster space also and I have a borderline dominant offense.

username
12-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't screw around when trading. I now have opened up quite a bit of roster space also and I have a borderline dominant offense.

i don't think either of us have ever promoted a prospect from within. might pop my cherry with Eric Johnson this year.

i wish i could get more traction on rios; every offer for him is an egregious lowball. guy is top 5 OF in our scoring system and is now in a hitter's park surrounded by an awesome lineup.

kab21
12-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Rios is 32 and wildly inconsistent so you aren't going to get anything considerable for him. I remember you telling me that I also needed to move (after my lucky ARod trade) Cuddyer and Buehrle a couple of years ago. 30 something average players basically have the lowest trade value in this league. I might try to pick up 1-2 more after the MLB cutdown draft. Right now I'm still stuck cutting 2 solid MLB'ers to make it to 20 MLB'ers.

biggentleben
12-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Wow, I'm seriously getting the education on who to trade with and who not to. Horrid initial offers I can live with, but when you're deep in discussions and then respond to the next email with "oh, I just traded him", that's pretty crappy game play. You at least offer the other guy a chance to match offers. Anyway, rant over.

So I'm confused about the draft. There's two separate drafts - one for guys who weren't eligible in 2013 and then one more for MLB guys?

kab21
12-10-2013, 09:54 AM
The first draft (MiLB) is the good one for first year eligible players (last year's draft and int'l FA's). You need to cut your roster down to 40 minus the number of picks you intend to use.

The 2nd draft (MLB) is mostly a waste of time despite username's defense of it. Every once in awhile a late bloomer is picked in the draft and becomes a valuable piece but most of the time it's as interesting as picking through the waiver wire. Basically most of the draft pool is old washed up vets (I will toss in Scutaro and Dejesus among others this year) and former top prospects that have sucked (I tried picking up Kyle Blanks and Mat Gamel several years in a row).

You need to cut your roster down to 35 players with only 20 MLB players. I think the MLB criteria is the same as rookie eligibility but I can't remember if we tweaked it a little.

PseudoSABR
12-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Made some big trades today. I'm sure you guys will have mixed reviews.

Soler and Michael Saunders for Josh Hamilton and Rio Ruiz.
Matt Davidson, Berrios, Schoop for Bucholz.

Lots of risk, but I've decided I can't keep waiting for players to develop and I need to gain some proven production, even with injury and age risk. Soler (who I drafted twice!) and Berrios (who I got with the pick for Scott Diamond (thanks waiver wire, thanks Dave) are the only prospects I'm disappointed to lose, and Ruiz is nice wild card bat.

biggentleben
12-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Definitely win-now moves. I thought prospect-to-current was good in the Hamilton/Soler deal, but you did give up a bit more prospect currency than I guess I would have for Buchholz, but that can also be because I'm not exactly a fan of his as well.

PseudoSABR
12-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Definitely win-now moves. I thought prospect-to-current was good in the Hamilton/Soler deal, but you did give up a bit more prospect currency than I guess I would have for Buchholz, but that can also be because I'm not exactly a fan of his as well.All three prospects I gave up, I have big questions about. Between Trumbo, Goldschidmt, and Prado I don't think Davidson has a future in AZ (and I don't like his Ks). Berrios is so far away that I felt it was worth the risk. We'll see.

biggentleben
12-11-2013, 11:50 AM
All three prospects I gave up, I have big questions about. Between Trumbo, Goldschidmt, and Prado I don't think Davidson has a future in AZ (and I don't like his Ks). Berrios is so far away that I felt it was worth the risk. We'll see.

I think it's as much my dislike for Buchholz as my like for the prospects mentioned.

username
12-11-2013, 01:15 PM
All three prospects I gave up, I have big questions about. Between Trumbo, Goldschidmt, and Prado I don't think Davidson has a future in AZ (and I don't like his Ks). Berrios is so far away that I felt it was worth the risk. We'll see.

the hamilton trade is probably a wash (not crazy about him but you didn't give up a whole lot) and i like the buchholz trade.

i owned buchholz since kab traded him to be during the inaugural draft up until i traded him for bumgarner and he's really an outstanding per-inning pitcher. has a hard time staying healthy but was always really consistent in putting up points. part of me always felt like he was going to fall off the cliff which made me wary, but even after i traded him he continued to pitch well so who knows? also a guaranteed 12+ game winner in boston so he'll rack up points even if he gets knocked around from time to time.

Ben - still interested in arenado or minor if you like anything on my team

kab21
12-11-2013, 06:21 PM
I like the Buchholz trade more than the Hamilton trade. Soler looks like a potential star while the others lack both certainty and upside. Good prospects but more like spare parts instead of building blocks.

username
12-15-2013, 01:07 PM
noah wheelin and dealin like a madman. meanwhile i keep getting these offers...

Hong Kong Phooeys have offered you a Trade in the CUP O'
COFFEE : Matt Dominguez, Hunter Pence and Ian Desmond for
Erik Johnson, Andrew McCutchen and Elvis Andrus.

Swap out for 3 older, worse players? What could go wrong?!?!

PseudoSABR
12-15-2013, 01:46 PM
I needed to get rid of my catchers glut, as they will just continue to decrease in value as teams address their needs; that I got a semiproductive regular out of the deal is fine with me. Though Johnson's BABIP is insane, but still he's better than what I have on the roster.

Part of the reason I can get trades done is that I take the time to look at the rosters and try to trade with teams that I match up well. Some guys are impossible to trade with as they insist on having the clear upper hand, even dismissing trades that clearly would be to their benefit.

I also have to say, auctioning off players is bad form.

kab21
12-15-2013, 06:01 PM
noah wheelin and dealin like a madman. meanwhile i keep getting these offers...

Hong Kong Phooeys have offered you a Trade in the CUP O'
COFFEE : Matt Dominguez, Hunter Pence and Ian Desmond for
Erik Johnson, Andrew McCutchen and Elvis Andrus.

Swap out for 3 older, worse players? What could go wrong?!?!

Even more frustrating is when he gets upset when you evaluate a trade offer as such. He offered Dominguez/Pence for Stanton last week.

username
12-20-2013, 11:27 AM
i traded CC Sabathia and Michael Fulmer for Jimmy Nelson and Robbie Ray.

i think CC is basically done for, so i'm happy get two decent arms for him while i can. wouldn't be totally shocked if CC has a decent year and racks up some wins on the yanks, but i just didn't want to risk getting stuck with the guy.

i thought i'd be able to get much more but there was basically no interest in the guy from other owners

kab21
12-20-2013, 09:41 PM
I think I got more talent for Charlie Morton. At a certain point I think you need to run veterans like CC into the ground.

biggentleben
12-27-2013, 08:07 AM
I think I got more talent for Charlie Morton. At a certain point I think you need to run veterans like CC into the ground.

I was in the same boat with CC in another dynasty league, but I took advantage of a panicked Matt Harvey owner who was leading the league by slim margins to move CC and Johnny Cueto (along with a conditional pick for 2015 if Harvey pitches certain innings in 2014) for Harvey. Another league I put CC on the block, and I did get one offer of A-Rod for him, otherwise, no bites at all, so I decided I will just ride him until the end at this point.

username
12-27-2013, 11:06 AM
I was in the same boat with CC in another dynasty league, but I took advantage of a panicked Matt Harvey owner who was leading the league by slim margins to move CC and Johnny Cueto (along with a conditional pick for 2015 if Harvey pitches certain innings in 2014) for Harvey. Another league I put CC on the block, and I did get one offer of A-Rod for him, otherwise, no bites at all, so I decided I will just ride him until the end at this point.

around august of last season, i was trying to move CC for Nova + Gausman. DEM declined and kept countering for Nova + top 150-type prospects. i asked him for nova straight up recently and basically got laughed at (and rightfully so).

i'm just pretty low on my team right now. it's getting very old and i would rather take 80 cents on the dollar than get stuck with a complete disaster when the music stops. as of right now, the only players who i think will be useful 3 seasons from now are andrus, mccutch, latos and andrus. and my prospects aren't all that special either. with that said, i have some guys who are valuable to win-now teams but they just aren't biting.

kab21
12-27-2013, 07:25 PM
A) It's always going to be that way in this league. You aren't going to get fair value for guys in decline.

B) You should be in win now mode and you sell your team short.

C) I think you got 20 cents on the dollar for CC.

username
01-03-2014, 06:12 PM
A) It's always going to be that way in this league. You aren't going to get fair value for guys in decline.

B) You should be in win now mode and you sell your team short.

C) I think you got 20 cents on the dollar for CC.

Looking forward to your analysis on this one then....

McCutcheon, Nolasco, Pelfrey and Petit

for

Julio Teheran, Leonys Martin, Mike Folteynewitz, Edwin Escobar

I think McCutch for Teheran and Martin is pretty fair in a vacuum. I'm super high on Teheran and think Martin is a guy who is undervalued in our league because of his speed. Also think he has chance to develop some power.

I basically look at the second part of the deal as Nolasco for Foltey and Escobar - basically a top 40 prospect and top ~100 guy, which seems about right I guess.

username
01-05-2014, 12:43 AM
think my week of wheelin' and dealin' is coming to a close...

after an active offseason, i've seen a good amount of roster turnover:

LOST:

McCutcheon,
Nolasco,
Street,
Sabathia,
some mediocre roster filler

GAINED:

Julio Teheran
Jimmy Nelson
Nolan Arenado
Leonys Martin
Robbie Ray
Edwin Escobar
Mike Foltynewicz

I think my team takes a bit of a step back in the short term but i'm generally happy with my roster and the fact that i was able to shed some years.

i actually think all 4 of our teams got better this offseason. especially like noah's moves

biggentleben
01-05-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm happy where I'm at with my roster. I didn't have a lot of great trade fodder to work with but as much as anything, I've scoured the waiver wire and free agents for guys I like as bounceback types or young guys I could see being good in the scoring system like Peraza. Still getting some ridiculous offers, but we'll see whether I'm done or not.

username
01-05-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm happy where I'm at with my roster. I didn't have a lot of great trade fodder to work with but as much as anything, I've scoured the waiver wire and free agents for guys I like as bounceback types or young guys I could see being good in the scoring system like Peraza. Still getting some ridiculous offers, but we'll see whether I'm done or not.

Can you top this one?

Hoyas have offered you a Trade in the CUP O' COFFEE : Delino
DeShields, Victor Sanchez, Michael Choice, Adeiny
Hechavarria and George Springer for Alex Rios, Robinson Cano
and Prince Fielder.

PseudoSABR
01-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Let's see what did I give up:
Chris Davis
Soler
Davidson
Berrios (a pick used from Dave for Scott Diamond)
Pinto (waiver wire pick up)
Two second round picks

for

Mauer
Fister
J. Hamilton
Bucholz
C. Johnson

I was okay with giving up a few prospects, none beyond Soler a top 25 type, because I was going to get two guys in the draft (turns out it's Stewart and Frazier, which I figured I woudl end up taking all along). So I feel pretty good about my offseason.

Not sure I totally understand the trajectory of your team, Mike. I thought you had another chance at an elite run, and I think you undersold on some veterans--though you probably know better about the prospects you picked up than I do.

username
01-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Not sure I totally understand the trajectory of your team, Mike. I thought you had another chance at an elite run, and I think you undersold on some veterans--though you probably know better about the prospects you picked up than I do.

can't argue with that, i definitely didnt get the returns i was aiming for but i'm generally OK with the outcome i guess.

i really just wanted to avoid a scenario where all of my good players ended up in their mid-30s (and undesirable to other teams) and my only means of rebuilding is through the draft pick lottery.

i did this a few years back when i traded guys like utley, granderson, tulowitzki, holliday for cano, austin jackson, andrus, upton. slight downgrade at the time but i was able to stay competitive while buying a few extra years.

also, i didn't really like my chances to win again this year. some teams are just insanely stacked (especially billy buck and DEM)

biggentleben
01-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Can you top this one?

Hoyas have offered you a Trade in the CUP O' COFFEE : Delino
DeShields, Victor Sanchez, Michael Choice, Adeiny
Hechavarria and George Springer for Alex Rios, Robinson Cano
and Prince Fielder.

LOL. Nope, can't top that. I have had some interesting ones for just Franklin.

PseudoSABR
01-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Moved back in the second round by trading Asher Wojciechowski, I then drafted Alexander Guerrero, which I felt was pretty good value.

kab21
01-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Moved back in the second round by trading Asher Wojciechowski, I then drafted Alexander Guerrero, which I felt was pretty good value.

Wojo is waiver wire fodder and Guerrero should have been picked in the middle of the first rd (or higher) so that's an excellent move.

biggentleben
01-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Wojo is waiver wire fodder and Guerrero should have been picked in the middle of the first rd (or higher) so that's an excellent move.

He was #3 for me at my pick, and he lasted until the 2nd round. I was very surprised on that.

username
01-06-2014, 10:02 PM
great trade and great pick noah

PseudoSABR
01-28-2014, 05:22 PM
What do you guys think of the Choo (for Max Muncy and Jason Hursch) trade today? I worry that Steve may be trolling with his team again.

username
01-28-2014, 06:37 PM
I've never heard of those two before. I'm assuming they are marginal prospects? I will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt since I can't imagine anyone would continue to pay into a league for the sole purpose of trolling the other owners.

FWIW I offered him my 1st round MiLB pick and 1st round MLB pick.

PseudoSABR
01-28-2014, 06:56 PM
I've never heard of those two before. I'm assuming they are marginal prospects? I will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt since I can't imagine anyone would continue to pay into a league for the sole purpose of trolling the other owners.

FWIW I offered him my 1st round MiLB pick and 1st round MLB pick.
As did I; and I'd take either of our packages over what he obtained, (the A's 6th prospect and the Braves' 4th); all the packaged were selling Choo oddly short. I don't claim to understand Steve's motives; but last offseason he didn't defend his moves by asserting his baseball philosophy or acumen-- he was staunch with his "I get to do what I want with my team."

biggentleben
01-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Hursh is a guy who was considered to be on par with Jonathan Gray in stuff before he was hurt in 2012. He has come back with a ton of correction to his mechanics, so many thought his once-elite control would return as he got farther away from TJ surgery. The Braves drafted him in the first round and sent him to low-A to work with pitching coach Derrick Lewis, a long-time member of the Braves' minor league staff. He'll likely move to high-A in Lynchburg where Lewis was promoted this offseason. Lewis is a master of the changeup, which could be the key to whether Hursh becomes a solid mid-rotation starter or ends up a very good reliever (and in the Braves system, a reliever will have a tough time making headway).

Okay, away from my admitted too-deep knowledge of the Braves, that was nowhere near enough for Choo to get Hursh and a guy who benefited from the Cal League's offensive environment. Heck, he moved up to AA in the Texas League, another hitter's league traditionally, but he managed a .413 slg in that league. Muncy's also defensively most skilled for DH, and a platoon DH at that.

ashburyjohn
01-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Max Muncy? His name wouldn't register with me, except by the coincidence of meeting his father in Arizona during the WBC last year. Real nice guy, and that has been enough to cause me to follow the son's progress - legitimate looking power prospect on paper. How's that for a scouting report? :)

biggentleben
01-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Max Muncy? His name wouldn't register with me, except by the coincidence of meeting his father in Arizona during the WBC last year. Real nice guy, and that has been enough to cause me to follow the son's progress - legitimate looking power prospect on paper. How's that for a scouting report? :)

True until you look at his leagues that he put up those numbers in. Cal League and Texas League are both notorious hitter's leagues. Not quite to the level of the Pacific Coast League, but still definite hitter's parks. I'll be interested to see if he can handle AA for a full season with any power. He's also not built like a big masher. Not saying you have to be 6'4 and 240 to ever be a power hitter, but 6', 190 is not exactly screaming power hitter.

ashburyjohn
02-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Agreed about the league effect(s). Weighing against that is that sometimes it takes a while for a lean guy like him to have his power come in, and he's able to show the power now.

The intangible of my conversation with his dad suggests to me his son will be a level headed guy who understands the ups and especially the downs of the pro game and will cope - that doesn't make a guy a prospect but it's a good thing when there is anything to work with.

I'll leave it at that, he seems like a legitimate prospect. I'm having fun watching his progress.

username
03-03-2014, 05:50 PM
any thoughts on my fielder - freeman trade?

i think going to texas will help fielder's numbers though it's not like he didn't have help around him in detroit. he's going on 30 which generally isn't too old for a 1B but i fear his age may show a bit earlier given his body type.

freeman is just entering his prime and should benefit from a good lineup for years to come.

didn't like giving up semien but he strikes me as a guy who will be better in real life than fantasy. tropeano is whatever.

brantly isn't much better than random waiver wire OF though he is only 26 so i guess there's at least some upside there.

PseudoSABR
03-03-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm interested in Ben's thoughts. I think Fielder will benefit from Texas, though his career is probably bound to decline from here on out. Freeman is good value for an aging Fielder, though, I'm not sure he'll match Fielder's production over the next three years. The rest of the trade is Meh to me.

Maybe you're right that you'll find another window to contend in the next year or two by back-grading for younger players with promise, but I think you sold your winning-run short, and I question that you'll get to such heights again.

kab21
03-03-2014, 10:40 PM
I actually think the Fielder/Freeman trade was brilliant. Mostly because of Brantley though. He's actually a solid player that is much more than waiver wire fodder.

username
03-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm interested in Ben's thoughts. I think Fielder will benefit from Texas, though his career is probably bound to decline from here on out. Freeman is good value for an aging Fielder, though, I'm not sure he'll match Fielder's production over the next three years. The rest of the trade is Meh to me.

Maybe you're right that you'll find another window to contend in the next year or two by back-grading for younger players with promise, but I think you sold your winning-run short, and I question that you'll get to such heights again.

I think the main goal in this league (much like real-life MLB) is to just field a competitive team and hope for the best come playoffs. I've actually gone through this process before (back in year 2 I believe) where I swapped Tulowitzki, Holiday, Mariano, and Utley for Andrus, Upton, Marmol and Cano in separate trades. Maybe I just have an irrational fear of getting stuck with the oldies when the music stops, i.e., they retire.

Losing McCutcheon sucks obviously but I think OF is the easiest position to find value in this league. There's always some random guy floating around the waiver wire who will steal 25 bases and give you a decent season. Obviously can't replicate McCutcheon numbers, but the difference isn't as brutal as what you see at SP, where waiver wire guys don't even have rotation spots.

If there's one trade I could undo it would probably be Sabathia for Ray and Nelson. I personally love Ray and like Nelson so I think it will work itself out but I could've gotten more elsewhere.

biggentleben
03-04-2014, 11:04 AM
I'd do Fielder for Freeman in this format every day of the week and twice on Sunday if I got Freeman. Freeman has shown at every single level that he adapts, then improves the second go-round. He's never been at a level for a third try, but his strikeout rate and walk rate each improved last season. His BABIP was high, but that has been normal with him and with his swing. I'd not be surprised if he settles in as a 100-walk, 120-K sort of guy over a full season, which is roughly what Prince was at his peak. I also think Freddie's a lot more athletic than people give him credit for, so he'll stay at 1B and his line drive swing will allow for high batting averages and solid power along the way as well.

biggentleben
03-04-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm more than a little frustrated with switching providers midstream. February 15th is the start of the minor league portion of my other three leagues, so I didn't have time to devote to messing around with settings on a new provider. It should have been done immediately after the vote before the minor league draft was even held, so people had the chance to experience the format. Then to drop my players without sending me a personal email (because you need to set up email notifications on the site so I hadn't gotten any other notifications) was complete bull. I've already sent Tim my feelings on this, so I'm not saying anything I haven't said to him as well, but the leagues I'm commish or co-commish on, I go the extra mile to make sure I personally contact someone, not just rely on the website. It bugged me quite a bit to have the powers that be show that sort of laissez faire attitude toward owners who are putting up money to participate in the league.

kab21
03-06-2014, 08:38 AM
I also didn't like how that was handled. It sucks for Tim because this league requires a lot of extra work. I guess he just assumed (and was pissed) that people were ignoring him.

I have spent most of my draft repicking the players that I wouldn't have dropped in the first place but whatever.

biggentleben
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
That's the problem. The guys I wouldn't have dropped were gone before I even got to pick. That's what bugged me the most.

biggentleben
03-26-2014, 09:24 AM
So...any opinions on how my rebuild has been going? I have had some actual decent offers to ponder.

PseudoSABR
03-26-2014, 10:01 AM
So...any opinions on how my rebuild has been going? I have had some actual decent offers to ponder.Your team might be some what competitive, but I'm not sure it will contend for the playoffs. It seems you have one foot in being competitive and one in rebuilding. You have a lot of veterans that hopefully can be used to acquire future assets, as teams figure out how competitive they are.

username
03-26-2014, 10:15 AM
The problem with trying to compete now (and partially the reason why I've started my rebuilding a bit earlier) is that DEM Grinders, Transparent Radiation, Billy Buck and the Shining have completely unloaded their prospects in order to win now. Their teams almost look like they belong in 10-team leagues.

biggentleben
03-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Your team might be some what competitive, but I'm not sure it will contend for the playoffs. It seems you have one foot in being competitive and one in rebuilding. You have a lot of veterans that hopefully can be used to acquire future assets, as teams figure out how competitive they are.

That's why I've started to move off some long-term guys. Obviously Bruce, Wright, and Minor got quick attention, but I'm still getting offers on other as well.

kab21
03-28-2014, 09:17 AM
I like the Wright trade, don't understand the Minor one and am indifferent on the Bruce one.

I think username is a sissy. those 4 teams aren't unstoppable.

biggentleben
03-28-2014, 10:19 AM
I moved Minor based on some reports I was hearing out of Braves camp regarding his shoulder injury. I don't think the urethral injury will be long-term (I'd sure hope not anyway!), but I worry about what he will be in 2014 and whether he might have issues more and more with that shoulder based on the diagnosis from the spring and the continually moving return date from Braves brass

kab21
03-29-2014, 12:37 AM
I think you sold pretty low on him though. None of those players are very interesting. Guys like Dominguez just clog roster spaces and 3rd MiLB picks are hard to use (unless you trade all of your picks away like me).

PseudoSABR
04-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Ben, our recent trade was made more interesting by Parnell's possible TJ surgery. I had hoped he'd hold up longer, so I took the risk of including Familia, but I had to give you some legitimate value, even if I felt Familia is being underrated. If Parnell stays down, Familia will eventually get a shot to close with the heat on the fastball.

biggentleben
04-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Ben, our recent trade was made more interesting by Parnell's possible TJ surgery. I had hoped he'd hold up longer, so I took the risk of including Familia, but I had to give you some legitimate value, even if I felt Familia is being underrated. If Parnell stays down, Familia will eventually get a shot to close with the heat on the fastball.

I honestly think I have the next two real long-term possibilities for the Mets with Torres and Familia. I wasn't getting anything else legit as far as a player in offer for Street.

username
04-17-2014, 10:39 AM
bump to see how everyone's season is going (beyond what i can see in the standings)

i'm trying to get through injuries to latos, chacin and janssen. replacements have been pretty solid so far. really glad i made that move for ian kennedy right before the season started, otherwise i'd be in rough shape with respect to my rotation.

freeman has been a beast and fielder has been a bust, so that makes me feel good. brantly has been awesome too, so that trade has been a huge boon for me.

cano has been disappointing.

traded rios for billy hamilton in part to get younger but also because i was very high on hamilton. he's been very hit or miss but mostly miss. it's tough to sit him because when he manages to get on base he ends up with 10 points but that's only happened 2 or 3 games so far haha

PseudoSABR
04-17-2014, 12:14 PM
I've been dealing with significant injuries as well. Parnell, Ramos, Fister, Maybin, and the Hamilton one hurts with him playing so well.

I've made good waiver wire grabs with Kubel and Colabello, but my lineup isn't as good as it's scored so far. My depth could vanish if some guys come back to earth.

Nicasio was also a nice pick up so for the rotation in the MLB draft. But the play of Gallardo, Pineda and Perez has carried my rotation, and with Bauer reemerging, my rotation has some depth to go along with Buchholz and Fister.

There's a lot of competitive teams, and often the team with the most pitching starts and hitter's innings ends up winning; so depth is so important along with setting your lineups daily and your rotations weekly.

kab21
04-18-2014, 11:28 PM
It's been mentioned before but I do not like Billy Hamilton at all. He can't hit.

My team is rolling along behind a juggernaut of an offense. Hopefully the pitching holds it together this season though. Stanton might be breaking out into a top 5 player.

Out of all the prospects I have traded I wish I had Bogaerts back addressing my SS position. I kind of forced that one for the Panda. I also wish I had some great prospects to trade this year as teams decide to rebuild when they don't need to.

username
05-04-2014, 01:02 PM
had a down week but lucked out with scheduling so i should crawl to 2-2.

really wish i snagged dee gordon off of bee in the preseason. what a steal that guy has been.

kab21
05-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Gordon actually isn't that good. He will hit .240 with a <.300 OBP for the rest of the season.

So far I'm holding it together w/o my top 2 pitchers and Garza sucking. I don't think I have enough to win but Giancarlo becoming an elite player helps.

kab21
05-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Big week for me going 4-0 (unless MCab hits a GS) and knocking off a couple of the 2nd tier contenders. TRad is just steamrolling the league with his 5 #1/2 pitchers. My roster of #3/4's is completely overmatched on paper.

PseudoSABR
05-19-2014, 11:02 AM
I went 4-0 against some light weights, after a few weeks of playing contenders. The Perez injury really hurts my rotation. My lineup continues to frustrate me. By summer, I'll figure out whether I want to buy or sell, we'll see.

username
05-19-2014, 06:15 PM
had an easy schedule this past week but only managed to go 1-3 because my rotation completely crapped the bed.

i only have 5 SPs so there's not much i can go in terms of playing matchups. really hoping latos and/or billingsley can come back and give me some productive innings.

all of my offseason moves have worked out gloriously thus far.

-sabathia is out until july and ray and nelson have been exceptional thus far
-arenado has emerged as an elite 3B option though street has been fantastic as well. i really miss having 2 closers and it seems like my opponents' closers always manage to drop 30 points on me.
-freeman and brantley for prince and semien has been a complete steal
-hamilton has been productive enough where i'm happy to take the 10 years he has on rios
-mccutcheon still a big loss though teheran has been remarkable and i can't imagine where i'd be without him given my pitching woes. folty, escobar and martin haven't been anything special though so this one if probably pretty neutral

kab21
06-08-2014, 11:30 PM
I have been getting really lucky the last 2-3 weeks. A lot of 10-20 point wins and TRad lost 3 this week. And an unnamed somebody is just 1GB of me.

I was working on a Cargo/Hanley deal but he would only take Stanton. No thanks even if you are giving draft picks or good prospects.

username
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM
I have been getting really lucky the last 2-3 weeks. A lot of 10-20 point wins and TRad lost 3 this week. And an unnamed somebody is just 1GB of me.

I was working on a Cargo/Hanley deal but he would only take Stanton. No thanks even if you are giving draft picks or good prospects.

Nick is impossible to deal with. Only people I've had a tougher time with has been Jim (Billy Buck) and Tim (25 Alive).

I really regret trading Street now. My 2nd RP slot has been a nightmare.

PseudoSABR
07-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Well, it's the Allstar break, and my team had it's best week, but is only back at .500. I imagine I'll do alot of standing pat this year, unless I can get good value for a guy like Hamilton or Gallardo; but my roster is can probably hold onto both those guys as it is so young.

I've gotten a lot of minor league depth on the waiver wire. While I cringe that I gave up Berrios for Bucholz, it's far easier to replenish prospects than star players.

How do you the rest of you feel about your teams?