PDA

View Full Version : Retired: 2012 Adopt-A-Prospect PHASE 2 SIGN-UP (starting at 10 CST)

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Starting at 10AM CST on Thursday 6/21, you can adopt a Twins prospect in this thread. (Seth will post that the adoptions can begin at 10:00 CST.) Just put down the players name and submit it and THEN CHECK TO MAKE SURE NOBODY POSTED THAT NAME BEFORE YOU. If someone has, you didn't get that player, but it's not big deal - just submit another post with someone else's name - and then make sure nobody posted THAT name before you. Lather, rinse and repeat until you get a name that nobody else did.

If you adopted a player back in April, you can adopt a second prospect now. All players signed and in the Twins farm system now are eligible to be adopted. This includes 2012 draft picks that have signed, players with the GCL Twins or Elizabethton Twins or players on full-season teams that weren't previously drafted. (Below is a list of which players have already been adopted. This list will continue to be updated in this forum throughout the day.)

Once you reserve a name, you can start a thread. Just title the thread the name of the prospect like "Miguel Sano." First post must be an introduction of the player. The format of the post is up to the individual, but please be sure to get all the important information needed on the player. For Example, Name, Position, Handedness, Drafted/Signed/Acquired (out of where/what round), Previous Stats, etc. Feel free to make it as detailed as you want. (There are a lot of websites you could link to such as their Baseball-Reference, The Baseball Cube, First Inning, Fan Graphs, etc.) Feel free to post videos, interviews, newspaper articles on your player. Whatever you can find. And then all you have to do is poste updates on your players. Let us know when they have a big game, or if they're on a hot streak, or if they get promoted. As we've said before, brag up your player.

Players already adopted: Alex Wimmers, Corey Williams, Max Kepler, James Beresford, Jeff Manship, Daniel Turpen, Miguel Sano, Chris Herrmann, Aaron Hicks, BJ Hermsen, Josh Burris, Levi Michael, Eddie Rosario, Adrian Salcedo, Oswaldo Arcia, Angel Morales, Hudson Boyd, Deolis Guerra, Matt Hauser, Brian Dozier, Michael Tonkin, AJ Pettersen, Travis Harrison, Niko Goodrum, Pedro Florimon, Tyler Grimes, Joe Benson, Logan Darnell, Dereck Rodriguez, Brian Dinkelman, Andrew Albers, Lester Oliveros, Liam Hendriks, Jairo Perez, Tim Shibuya, Jason Wheeler, Anthony Slama, Evan Bigley, Cole De Vries, Lance Ray, AJ Achter, Scott Diamond, Jorge Polanco, Steve Hirschfeld, Pat Dean, Blake Martin, Luis Perdomo, Brett Lee, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wilkin Ramirez.

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Just over an hour until Phase II of the Adopt-A-Prospect! Again, not the players that have already been adopted. Anyone else in the Twins minor league system is eligible to be selected. At 10:00 CST, or shortly thereafter, I will post another message saying, "Let the adoptions begin." At that point, it's first-come, first-serve.

Brock Beauchamp
06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
This is a great idea, Seth. I'm a big fan of forum "games". I probably won't participate in this one but it's fun to keep an eye on which players people choose to adopt.

Yoshii
06-21-2012, 09:16 AM
oh its adpot-a-prospect time again, so excited I can hardly contain myself.

Chance
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Cole Nelson

Jeremy Nygaard
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Hasn't started yet...

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Let the Adoptions Begin!!

Reminder, here are the players already adopted:

Players already adopted: Alex Wimmers, Corey Williams, Max Kepler, James Beresford, Jeff Manship, Daniel Turpen, Miguel Sano, Chris Herrmann, Aaron Hicks, BJ Hermsen, Josh Burris, Levi Michael, Eddie Rosario, Adrian Salcedo, Oswaldo Arcia, Angel Morales, Hudson Boyd, Deolis Guerra, Matt Hauser, Brian Dozier, Michael Tonkin, AJ Pettersen, Travis Harrison, Niko Goodrum, Pedro Florimon, Tyler Grimes, Joe Benson, Logan Darnell, Dereck Rodriguez, Brian Dinkelman, Andrew Albers, Lester Oliveros, Liam Hendriks, Jairo Perez, Tim Shibuya, Jason Wheeler, Anthony Slama, Evan Bigley, Cole De Vries, Lance Ray, AJ Achter, Scott Diamond, Jorge Polanco, Steve Hirschfeld, Pat Dean, Blake Martin, Luis Perdomo, Brett Lee, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, Wilkin Ramirez.

Jeremy Nygaard
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Byron Buxton

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Chance - You've got Cole Nelson... I was held up in a meeting so I was a couple of minutes late.

LevonFingers
06-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Jose Berrios

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Alright, we're going...

So far, the new adoptees are:

Byron Buxton - Jeremy Nygaard
Cole Nelson - Chance
Jose (JO) Berrios) - Levon Fingers

alarp33
06-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Adam Walker

siouxjv
06-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Adam Walker

siouxjv
06-21-2012, 10:27 AM
haha, beat me

nicksaviking
06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I'll take DJ Hicks.

Seth Stohs
Adam Walker goes to alarp33 by 2 minutes!!

siouxjv
let's go Will Hurt

MarcusE
06-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Mason Melotakis

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 10:53 AM
So far, the new adoptees are (please remember this adoption is not limited to only 2012 draft picks. Lots of short-season and full season players still available too):

Cole Nelson - Chance
Adam Walker - alarp33
DJ Hicks - nicksaviking
Will Hurt - siouxjv
Mason Melotakis - MarcusE

twinsfanstreif
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
I'll take JT Chargios

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
You've got Chargois.

TKGuy
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Zachary Jones

Wachsta
06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Luke Bard, Georgia Tech

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 03:09 PM
So far, the new adoptees are (please remember this adoption is not limited to only 2012 draft picks. Lots of short-season and full season players still available too):

Cole Nelson - Chance
Adam Walker - alarp33
DJ Hicks - nicksaviking
Will Hurt - siouxjv
JT Chargois - twinsfanstreiff
Zach Jones - TKGuy
Luke Bard - Wachsta

ashburyjohn
06-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Put me down for Alex Muren. I'll be on vacation until early July so if you want a page for him sooner than that, maybe I should just pass.

thrillema25
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
I'll take Andy Leer

Seth Stohs
06-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Cole Nelson - Chance
Adam Walker - alarp33
DJ Hicks - nicksaviking
Will Hurt - siouxjv
Zach Jones - TKGuy
Luke Bard - Wachsta
Alex Muren - ashburyjohn
Andy Leer - thrillema

Mr. Ed
06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Candido Pimentel

YourHouseIsMyHouse
06-21-2012, 09:01 PM
I'd like to forfeit my prospect Wilkin Ramirez. I find it too difficult for me to stay interested in the same thread for so long. Not sure if anyone would want him, but it would update the list you have.

Shane Wahl
06-22-2012, 12:29 AM
I will take Matthew Koch.

Seth Stohs
06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Cole Nelson - Chance
Adam Walker - alarp33
DJ Hicks - nicksaviking
Will Hurt - siouxjv
Zach Jones - TKGuy
Luke Bard - Wachsta
Alex Muren - ashburyjohn
Andy Leer - thrillema
Candido Pimentel - Mr. Ed
Matt Koch - shanewahl

Shane Wahl
06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I am trying to corner the C market.

Matt VS
07-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I'll adopt DJ Baxendale.

Seth Stohs
07-21-2012, 10:11 AM
At this point, players can be adopted by anyone by just starting a thread and continuing to update. Thanks!